Super Charged .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well dave i will give ya credit.. it may weight more than the boat you plan to put it in but you are trying lol. i notice the energy drinks in the back round.. maybe they have something to do with this LOL!!

good luck and keep us posted

I tried the RB Inovations super charger. The results were a Savage 25 running 100MPH+, I had to change all the drive links and reinforce all the drive links. I had to change out the carbon clutch pads to aluminum. The bracket holding the superchager broke twice. They used 6061-t6 material and used too sharp of a die to bend the aluminum therefore causing a premature fracture on the bracket. I told them of the problem they didn't listen to me. Also I suggested to them about adding extra bearings to the back of the case to take some of the pressure of the front bearings. All this fell on deaf ears. Also we discovered that on the high side of the carberator we had to richen the mixture up almost all the way out. Also we had to regroove the piston to get it to work. I also added a TSAIS pipe AKA the rocket. Too many changes all at once. The dog bones were twisted anywhere from 1/16"-1/8" on all of them. I had all of the overdrive pulleys the 50% was not necessary and also if we used it cover up extra pressure coupler to keep equal pressure throughout the system. I am hope this helps.

That is something I have to give David credit for. He ALWAYS try's it out for himself to find if it works or not. I like that principle. None of the "he said, she said" BS. Go straight at it, and find if it works for you. I have found this same thing out on modifying timing numbers on motors this last year myself. Some say "this wont work, or that will" and its best just to find out for yourself what fits YOUR personal style. Just my .02

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish you guys would shut up and pass that thing...that chipmunk is a bogart.
Usually the varmin wait until the spring to crawl out of their holes, but sometimes when they run out of wacky weed and thrill pills, they come out early. I am just curious as to what sites you have been kicked of off lately.....hmmmm

Charles

well dave i will give ya credit.. it may weight more than the boat you plan to put it in but you are trying lol. i notice the energy drinks in the back round.. maybe they have something to do with this LOL!!

good luck and keep us posted
this is the second prototype. Comes in at 2lbs for the eng and 2lbs for the drive. will be whittling it down as testing goes on.

35+ different gear ratios to choose from with one belt size for the front and back.

I think the SC 1.05 will be needed for the top gear. ;)

Will be sending the case and rod to your dad real soon. confirming all the measurements this week.

David

thats a conley engine,,,4 stroke...gary is an artist...he had a foundry fire that wiped out almost all his molds..the stinger 609 which you see in the pic,,came after the fire...he also had a viper v10 which the molds were destroyed,,along with his 427 rep. molds... gary conley is perry fuel pumps for those who didnt know..nice guy,,super talented...

david you wanna wrap your head around somthing,,,,google "CLEN TOMLINSON"... his deltic napier engine replica is amazing..

sorry to get off track but you posted the pic...lol... being that conley is 4 stroke it supercharges just like the big engines..not all comparable in any way to our 2 smokers...im not saying thats what you implied,,just putting it out there..

alden

David,

The pipe configuration on the Conely motor will melt

my cowl. You may need to reconfigure the exhaust

set up?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

What happens when you add a supercharger to a two- stroke engine? Will horsepower and torque be increased? YES, but if we are talking about a symmetrical two- stroke, the supercharger will just work as a scavenge pump! The raise in output comes from the pumps ability to flush all remains of the former combustion, and leave the chamber filled with a hundred percent fresh charge mixture. Some low boost- pressure can be achieved in some cases, but hardly recognised as a "supercharge" due to the fact that the exhaust port remains open after the transfers closes. And that is the downside of supercharging a symmetrical two stroke engine as throughout the rpm range, a lot of this fresh charge will continue right through the exhaust unburned, and leave you with a horrendous fuel consumption.

Fitting a well designed expansion chamber to such a setup will remedy the situation to a certain degree. That is when the arrangement of cones and reverse cones will form a pressure wave, that at the right moment will reverse flow into the port, just before its closed by the rising piston. Some people do in fact regard the expansion chamber as a "back- door" supercharger, but as it only functions properly in a certain rpm- range, it is not really comparable to a scavenge- pump/ supercharger. Those two in unison however, will reward you with a strong setup.

If we look back in history, we will detect some very succesful supercharged two- strokes like DKW and Puch, and these had engines of the asymmetric variety. A seperate valve controlling intake timing is what is needed to really get going.

thats a conley engine,,,4 stroke...gary is an artist...he had a foundry fire that wiped out almost all his molds..the stinger 609 which you see in the pic,,came after the fire...he also had a viper v10 which the molds were destroyed,,along with his 427 rep. molds... gary conley is perry fuel pumps for those who didnt know..nice guy,,super talented...

david you wanna wrap your head around somthing,,,,google "CLEN TOMLINSON"... his deltic napier engine replica is amazing..

sorry to get off track but you posted the pic...lol... being that conley is 4 stroke it supercharges just like the big engines..not all comparable in any way to our 2 smokers...im not saying thats what you implied,,just putting it out there..

alden
I guess we will se if it is compatible with 2 wt499's on top.

kinda funny that the roots blower where made for the detriot desiel "2 STROKE" ;)

you just said it yourself....an intake valve,,,hmmmmmm...you removed it?? it will charge better with the valve in place..i know all about charged 2 smokers... i have a turbocharged drag sled...the main reason it works so well is that its a rotary valve engine,,,so the intake ports are opened and closed,,hence being able to build boost... now im still trying to figure out why you would remove the valve on your engine???

Just got off work at 7;00 tonight. I will give it a try this weekend.I think I will use the RS 1.01 in my rigger for the test.

So what kinda beer do you drink Charles. I like any Hefe-Weizen but Paulaner dose hold a dear spot in my heart.

Mike we are talking BLOWER now :rolleyes:

David

Just got off work at 7;00 tonight. I will give it a try this weekend.I think I will use the RS 1.01 in my rigger for the test.

So what kinda beer do you drink Charles. I like any Hefe-Weizen but Paulaner dose hold a dear spot in my heart.

David
David, make mine "Hog Beer"

David
Dave, i am still ready!!if you know what i.m saying? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back