Super Charged .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that the large difference in the area of the intake size (.515 bore) in relation to the engine displacement (1.01)had a lot to do with it having enough crankcase pulse to push enough fuel into the cylinder to allow it to start and run. It was blowing a LOT of fuel back out of the carb but not enough fuel could blowback with the large area difference to prevent some from being pushed up thru the ports.

I do not believe that a small size engine, for instance a 21, would have enough difference in the area of the intake size (.348 bore) to the engine displacement (.21) to have enough crankcase pulse to enable the engine to run.

Was that worth $10.00?

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that the large difference in the area of the intake size (.515 bore) in relation to the engine displacement (1.01)had a lot to do with it having enough crankcase pulse to push enough fuel into the cylinder to allow it to start and run.

I do not believe that a small size engine, for instance a 21, would have enough difference in the area of the intake size (.348 bore) to the engine displacement (.21) to have enough crankcase pulse to enable the engine to run.

Charles
You are probably right on that one. the Eng started on the First try off camera with just the glow starter attached without using the starter.

Was cool as heck watching it pop out both ends.

But if you look at the video it had to be choked off to shut down?

It would be interesting to see if some on could do it with a stock eng.

YA it was worth $10.I owe you a beer.

David

Heck, by the time we get each other paid off in beer, we will both be polluted. :blink:

Charles

Must be!

Heck at this rate I will never get another one. thy will be Worth there weight in gold.

Have to go on the black market to get one. :lol:

Another thing to think about is the pulsating nature of two strokes. Lots of modern engines have very low crankcase compression. They depend on the exhaust and intake pulsations for cylinder filling at speed. If the intake tract and the tuned pipe is right they supply most of pressure needed. They won't do too much for starting, though. Charles is probably right.

Lohring Miller

Another thing to think about is the pulsating nature of two strokes. Lots of modern engines have very low crankcase compression. They depend on the exhaust and intake pulsations for cylinder filling at speed. If the intake tract and the tuned pipe is right they supply most of pressure needed. They won't do too much for starting, though. Charles is probably right.

Lohring Miller
That was my whole point in this dissection in the first place. Pipe drawing down the case at speed. how much dose the piston moving or the valve have to do with the eng running at speed? put the SC on and the pipe will not have to do the draw. change the pipe to a holding device and a pressure wave reverser. the front cone will not be as critical.the only draw back I can see is the piston pushing down the case pressure before the transfers open.but when thy do the velocity will be enormous to help clean out the cylinder.

With a sliding chamber on the pipe the power band can be controlled.

David

Wilfongson,

And if this don't work, we can roast some weenies on that new BBQ grill i found for ya... :D Or roast anything......WELL DONE !

Wilfongson,

And if this don't work, we can roast some weenies on that new BBQ grill i found for ya... :D Or roast anything......WELL DONE !
Yo the man. let me know when I can get the "grill" got time this weekend.

David

Latest posts

Back