Sport 20 Shovel Nose design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wswatzell said:
Jerry,
Thanks for the complement!!  I like it as well. 

How do you like the cowl?  I haven’t had any opinions on it since I changed it.  If nobody says anything more about it as far as changing it, I'm going to work on building the framing for it & then formalize the design.  I'm also going to make laser patterns for it that will be included with the files I send Tom so anybody can download them & have a laser cut kit made for themselves.

98460[/snapback]

Well, That Cowl can cover a Mutitude of Sin's :lol: Cowls perdy good, I really don't know how I'd change it,,but I probably Would :lol: :p Nice job Wade B)

LOL!! well, The plans will be available to anyone who wants them, so you could get your chance to change it. ;)

Wade, kick the cowl sides out to about 20 to 25 degress, it will shape up a little better and also give extra clearance for the 180 headers. Other than that it looks great.
Bill, I kicked the sides out 10deg. If i went any further that that, I would have had to make it narrower at the top to keep it on the hatch opening.

I added some more pictures to my gallery so go check them out.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=100

Here is a picture that I rendered

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/albums/userp...rt%20shovel.GIF

Well, since there are no comments or suggestions, I'll consider it a good design & go ahead & finish up the details, & get the plans to Tom to post.

A lot of work has gone into this little sport hydro and I would like to say on behalf of all of those that contributed and the guy that listend and did what everyone ask for.

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks for a super effort designing this boat and thanks for making it availalbe to everone for free through the online plans here on Intlwaters.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=21pt]Thanks Wade & well done!!!!!!! [/SIZE] ;)

Thanks!!! I wanted to do this because I have learned so much about boats from this site, that I wanted to give something back.

I Want to "Ditto" Everything Bill Said Wade, It Was A Pleasure Conversing With Someone with Such a Highly Professional and Humorous Personality,,And It Was Also Fun,,TO RIDE YA LIKE A HORSE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :p GOOD JOB ;)

Well everone, I just sent Tom the designs to be posted. Hopefully he'll have them up for everone soon. I hope everyone likes them well enough.

I don't know if anyone knew or not, but Tom posted the plans in the Free Plans Section! :D Now one of you guys needs to build it to really see if it run well.

So, who is going to be the 1st one to download the plans & give it a go? B)

wswatzell said:
I don't know if anyone knew or not, but Tom posted the plans in the Free Plans Section!  :D   Now one of you guys needs to build it to really see if it run well. 
So, who is going to be the 1st one to download the plans & give it a go? B)

100016[/snapback]

I've downloaded the plans, but only one of the dxfs will load into my cad software.

What I can look at looks good.

Brian,

Which file worked? It could be that the version of your translator software isn't updated. I wrote the patterns out in Autocad R14, and then I realized it & wrote the main plans out in Autocad R12. I wonder if that is the problem.

wswatzell said:
Brian,Which file worked?  It could be that the version of your translator software isn't updated.  I wrote the patterns out in Autocad R14, and then I realized it & wrote the main plans out in Autocad R12.  I wonder if that is the problem.

100105[/snapback]

The files for 1/32 and 1/16 parts failed to read into my software (IMSI totalCad v1.0). Got a file format error at line 822. Probably down to the cheap software I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian,

I'll bet it is a software version issue. Send me your email address through PM, or email me from my profile page. I'll send you new files written in the older R12 format. That is the version that the file that worked for you was written in. Those should work for you.

Back