Speed Secrets

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you guys didn't appreciate my Dry Radio Box Secret. :unsure:

I have about 4,589 more secrects, give or take a thousand. :ph34r:

But hey, I'll admit I've never tried the 'Prop indexing' thing :unsure: ...................guess my 4,589

other secrects are good enough to go faster than the guys who do index their props. :p

Hey! That's it!!! Chris Grim just broke my Nitro Speed record that I set 4 years ago by 1 mph.

I'll bet he indexed his prop........yep that's gotta be it.......huh Chris???? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy , you're missing the proverbial boat .... put those secrets in a book along with some of those fine pictures and never have to build a motor again !!!! or run a square drive !!!!! You'll sell thousands of copies with yearly updates !

Some things will always be secret..

Andy , you're missing the proverbial boat .... put those secrets in a book along with some of those fine pictures and never have to build a motor again !!!! or run a square drive !!!!! You'll sell thousands of copies with yearly updates !

But hey, I'll admit I've never tried the 'Prop indexing' thing :unsure: ...................guess my 4,589

other secrects are good enough to go faster than the guys who do index their props. :p

Hey! That's it!!! Chris Grim just broke my Nitro Speed record that I set 4 years ago by 1 mph.

I'll bet he indexed his prop........yep that's gotta be it.......huh Chris???? :)
Andy, Not only did Chris index the prop he leaded the leading edege,tweaked the trailing edege & balanced the johnson rod and don't forget polishing the prop nut! :lol: Oh by the way he broke your record by 6 mph. Chris was running " E " ( 67 ) hydro. not " F ". ;) :) :) :)

Don :D

Regular Maintenance!!

Replace your muffler bearings regularly.

Make sure you always have enough turn signal fluid

Charge the flux capacitor before heading to the pond

Just a few to start with.

:lol: :lol:

-Buck-

Andy, Not only did Chris index the prop he leaded the leading edege,tweaked the trailing edege & balanced the johnson rod and don't forget polishing the prop nut! :lol: Oh by the way he broke your record by 6 mph. Chris was running " E " ( 67 ) hydro. not " F ". ;) :) :) :)

:lol: Wow Don, now I know all the secrets to get the record back. I'll be out there next weekend. ;)

And yes 6 mph faster than my 67 record, but only 1 mph faster than my fastest ever nitro record that was set over 4 years ago with many back up passes to confirm it at THREE diferent ponds across the USA including Legg lake.

And Don, you know that if any of you Amigos had a "X" / "F" engine that could consistantly run over 120 mph then it would be the engine that held the new nitro Speed record.

Not to take anything away from you guys. All of you along with Chris deserve the recognition. You guys have certainly put in a lot of years and hard work. :)

Andy, Not only did Chris index the prop he leaded the leading edege,tweaked the trailing edege & balanced the johnson rod and don't forget polishing the prop nut! :lol: Oh by the way he broke your record by 6 mph. Chris was running " E " ( 67 ) hydro. not " F ". ;)

Don,

Just for fun!

Let's look at the same three records that Mark & Chris Grim and I currently hold.

Andy Brown 45 hydro 109.86 :) Mark Grim 45 hydro 104.50

Andy Brown 67 hydro 115.20 :( Chris Grim 67 hydro 121.62

Andy Brown F hydro 120.58 :) Mark Grim X hydro 119.49

= 345.64 ............................................ = 345.59

divided by 3 = 115.213 :D ..........................115.197

Looks like I'm still up by 0.16 mph ;)

But to give you guys a little more credit......

we'll add Mark's and Kentley's 21 records in the mix. Mark 97.02 B) Kentley 96.36 B)

Now the average speed becomes West 110.65 and East 110.50

putting West up by 0.15 mph. ;)

However, comparing my 3 on 3 .016 mph lead to your combined 4 on 4 lead of .015 mph, I'm still up by 0.01 mph. :D

But hey! Chris still has the fastest record, so he wins.......................... for now! ;)

Andy, this is fun!

3 on 3 X 4 on 4 you are up by 0.01 mph :)

1 on 1 you are down by 6.42 mph :(

F / X consistency, well lets see, 3 SAW's a year for the past 3 or 4 years = 9/12 at which Mark has exceeded 120+ mph & has been close to your record :(

You'r still king!! FOR NOW :lol: :lol:

Who is going to be 1'st to go 150 mph? Mark, Andy, Steve, Jorge or maybe me????? Time will tell !!!! :p ;) :p ;)

Don :) :rolleyes:

Andy, this is fun!

F / X consistency, well lets see, 3 SAW's a year for the past 3 or 4 years = 9/12 at which Mark has exceeded 120+ mph & has been close to your record :(

Who is going to be 1'st to go 150 mph? Mark, Andy, Steve, Jorge or maybe me????? Time will tell !!!! :p ;) :p ;)

Well Don, let's look at just me and Mark two on two.

45 hydro I'm Up 5.63 mph

X/F hydro I'm Up 1.09 mph

So....... looks like I'm Up on that one by 6.45 mph :D

And the worst part is, I've been sitting around FOUR long years waiting for you guys to catch up. ;)

Andy, this is fun!

Well Don, let's look at just me and Mark two on two.

45 hydro I'm Up 5.63 mph

X/F hydro I'm Up 1.09 mph

So....... looks like I'm Up on that one by 6.45 mph :D

And the worst part is, I've been sitting around FOUR long years waiting for you guys to catch up. ;)

Andy,

You know what they say about sitting on your laurels, You can get passed up!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back