Run time....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6cuda6

Sorry for all the questions guys, bear with me, i'm new to the wet feet club.....

What's the average run time for a Sport40 with a CMB or Mac 45???

How long are the heats/race generaly???

As previously posted, i'm an onroad car guy, i'm betting you run more than 5 minutes per tank and your mains aren't 1hr long.....thanks, Dean

6cuda6 said:
Sorry for all the questions guys, bear with me, i'm new to the wet feet club.....

As previously posted, i'm an onroad car guy, i'm betting you run more than 5 minutes per tank and your mains aren't 1hr long.....thanks, Dean

89651[/snapback]

Dean, if you need a fuel capacity put a 12oz main with a 2 oz hopper tank and your set.

Good Luck and have fun!

PS welcome to boating !

6cuda6 said:

89651[/snapback]

6cuda6,

I use 11oz but do not have CMB in my Sport boat.. You can see my boat at www.grimracer.com..i think...its still on there someplace..

Anyway you can expect about 4 to 5 min on a tank.

I start my boat at the 1:45 mark and make a total of about 10 laps per race. Im thinking im buring about .75oz per lap..maybe a tad more...

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Cool site, Grimracer!!! Nice boat...would love to see more pics of Sport 40's as well!!!

Mike (Grimracer) built my fuel cell, I think that it's a 14 oz. . I just told him what hull, motor and the placement of the cell and he built exactly what I needed. You'll see the cell in my Gallery. I did a little polishing on it since and now it shines!

Heat races are 6 laps (1 mile). An average heat time is in the mid 1:30 range. I start right away when the clock starts, carry 10oz. of fuel and come back with 2-3 oz. left. With a 2:30 clock the run time is around 4-4.5 mins. Alot of people like to carry a ton of fuel but that seems like dead weight to me.

Mark

Back