• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S - 9 CMB 21 motors with pipes and spare parts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Fitzgerald

Hello All,

Second listing of nitro RC boating stuff for sale -

RC boating has been on the back burner for me for a long time. Now considering running again and I find out there is really no nitro boat racing here in the DFW area. I'm selling motors and boats to make room and funds for others. More listings to come...

This is for a lot of 9 CMB 21 motors. All are in very good condition. From Left to right in the pictures -
No 1 - Brand new, late model car motor. Cut the stub off the front of the crank and add a water cooled head to make it marine. Includes slide barrel carb.
No 2 - Like new, late model car motor. Cut the stub off the front of the crank and add a water cooled head to make it marine. Includes slide barrel carb.
No 3 - Marine motor with all new innards - crank, bearings, rod, piston, sleeve, and head button. Built it for a rigger that was recently sold. Carb setup for remote needle. Purple anodized carb are and water cooling jacket. Includes collet.
No 4 - Marine motor with almost no runtime on it. Was the backup motor for my mono. Carb setup for remote needle. Purple anodized hardware. Includes collet.
No 5 - Marine motor with a couple of light seasons of runtime on it. Was the primary motor for my mono. Carb setup for remote needle. Purple anodized hardware. Includes collet.
No 6 - Marine motor with new piston and sleve. Carb setup for remote needle. Purple anodized hardware. Includes collet.
No 7 - Marine motor used. Excellent piston and sleeve. Carb setup for remote needle. Purple anodized hardware. No collet.
No 8 - Marine motor used. Still lots of life in the piston and sleeve. No carb, no collet.
No 9 - Marine motor used. Still lots of life in the piston and sleeve. No carb, no collet..

All motors stored well and are in the same pristine condition as when put away.

Also included are:
3x new piston and sleeves
1x new piston and sleeve with rod,
1x new crank
1x new rod
new piston pin clips
2x new head buttons
2x used head buttons
2x purple anodized motor mounts
new purple anodize rudder
purple burp tank
water cooling heads, back plates, bearings, and other used parts as shown.
also includes some left over 1/8 scale car mounts, stater wheel, couplers, etc. as shown.

The fixture pictured with the engine case on it is to allow you to bush the case where the crank rides between the two bearings. None of the engines listed have been bushed. They are long gone...
The other fixture is used for machining the back plates of late model cases to fit into early model motors.

Pipes and exhaust parts are as shown. Please see the pictures for details.

$1850 USD for the lot, shipping included to the lower 48.

I may be slow to respond because of work responsibilities. Please be patient with me.

Thanks for looking!
Dave Fitzgerald

Attachments

• 1_CMB21_lot.JPG
    1_CMB21_lot.JPG
    433.3 KB · Views: 380
  • 2_CMB21_front.JPG
    2_CMB21_front.JPG
    334.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 3_CMB21_front1-3.JPG
    3_CMB21_front1-3.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 4_CMB21_front4-6.JPG
    4_CMB21_front4-6.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 5_CMB21_front7-9.JPG
    5_CMB21_front7-9.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 347
  • 8_CMB21_apart.JPG
    8_CMB21_apart.JPG
    335.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 9_CMB21_apart1-3.JPG
    9_CMB21_apart1-3.JPG
    426.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 10_CMB21_apart4-6.JPG
    10_CMB21_apart4-6.JPG
    444.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 11_CMB21_apart7-9.JPG
    11_CMB21_apart7-9.JPG
    408.8 KB · Views: 346
  • 13_CMB21_exhaust.JPG
    13_CMB21_exhaust.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 356
Hi David,
Come visit the DFW club/pond sometime. There's slowly more nitro boats showing up. Gas is king, but nitro could make a class or two next season.

Hi Tom,

To reduce confusion, please see the 90 lot thread for questions there. I am happy to consider your offer for this lot here.

Best regards,
Dave

Hello all,

Not much movement as a lot and there seems to be genuine interest to separate the lot. So...

Prices are as follows:

Motors from left to right in the pictures -
No 1 - Brand new, late model car motor - $225
No 2 - Like new, late model car motor - $175
No 3 - Marine motor - purple, collet, and carb with all new innards $225
No 4 - Marine motor - purple, collet, and carb with almost no runtime on it - SOLD (locally)
No 5 - Marine motor - purple, collet, and carb with a couple of light seasons of runtime on it -$150
No 6 - Marine motor - purple, collet, and carb with new piston and sleeve - $175
No 7 - Marine motor -purple and carb used. Excellent piston and sleeve - 150
No 8 - Marine motor used - $100
No 9 - Marine motor used - $100

3x new piston and sleeves - $80 each
1x new piston and sleeve with rod - SOLD (locally)
1x new crank -$40
1x new rod - $20
new piston pin clips - $5 per pair
2x new head buttons - $20 each
2x used head buttons - $10 each
2x purple anodized motor mounts - $35 each
New purple anodize rudder - $40
Purple burp tank - $5
Lot - water cooling heads, back plates, bearings, P/S, rods, and other used parts as shown - $50 for lot
Lot - 1/8 scale car mounts, starter wheel, couplers, etc. as shown - $30 for lot

The fixture pictured with the engine case on it is to allow you to bush the case where the crank rides between the two bearings - Free with 3 or more motors
The other fixture is used for machining the back plates of late model cases to fit into early model motors - Free with 3 or more motors

Pipes and exhaust parts from left to right in the picture -
Used header - $20 (mono angle)
New header w/spring - $35
Internally adjustable tuned pipe with car and boat stingers, purple - $50
Two car pipes: one used, one new - $50
Large silver 20 pipe with header and spring - SOLD (locally)
Large purple 20 pipe with header and spring - $65
New purple pipe - $35
New small purple pipe - $20
New large silver pipe - $40
Various clamps will be gifted with pipe purchases.

Will consider discounts or adders if purchasing multiple motors, etc. For example - purchase both car motors and I'll through in the car misc. parts lot.

Thanks again and Best regards,
Dave

Hi David,
I'll take #1 and the Internally adjustable tuned pipe with car and boat stingers, purple plus post to Australia

Last edited:
I will take #6 shipped to Canada if possible and one of the headers. Just have a question on the header before deciding which one.
Thank,
Mike

Just making it back to answer everyone's replies. Apologies for the delays.

To answer the shipping questions - lower 48 US shipping included with any purchase of $50 USD or more. Apologies that was not made clear sooner. Less than $50 USD or international, Alaska, Hawaii, etc. is add shipping costs. I'm in the process of responding directly to those already committed to purchasing. Thank you for your patience!

Here is the latest list update:

Motors from left to right in the pictures -
No 1 - Brand new, late model car motor - $225 – SOLD – Shane Bastick
No 2 - Like new, late model car motor - $175
No 3 - Marine motor - purple, collet, and carb with all new innards $225 - SOLD – Frank Pulte
No 4 - Marine motor - purple, collet, and carb with almost no runtime on it - SOLD (locally)

No 5 - Marine motor - purple, collet, and carb with a couple of light seasons of runtime on it -$150
No 6 - Marine motor - purple, collet, and carb with new piston and sleeve - $175 – SOLD – Mike Villeneuve
No 7 - Marine motor -purple and carb used. Excellent piston and sleeve - $150
No 8 - Marine motor used - $100 – SOLD - Gary Lauer
No 9 - Marine motor used - $100

3x new piston and sleeves - $80 each
1x new piston and sleeve with rod - SOLD (locally)
1x new crank -$40
1x new rod - $20 – SOLD - Gary Lauer
new piston pin clips - $5 per pair
2x new head buttons - $20 each
2x used head buttons - $10 each
2x purple anodized motor mounts - $35 each
New purple anodize rudder - $40
Purple burp tank - $5 - SOLD – Frank Pulte
Lot - water cooling heads, back plates, bearings, P/S, rods, and other used parts as shown - $50 for lot
Lot - 1/8 scale car mounts, starter wheel, couplers, etc. as shown - $30 for lot

The fixture pictured with the engine case on it is to allow you to bush the case where the crank rides between the two bearings - Free with 3 or more motors
The other fixture is used for machining the back plates of late model cases to fit into early model motors - Free with 3 or more motors

Pipes and exhaust parts from left to right in the picture -
Used header - $20 (mono angle)
New header w/spring - $35
Internally adjustable tuned pipe with car and boat stingers, purple - $50 - SOLD – Shane Bastick
Two car pipes: one used, one new - $50
Large silver 20 pipe with header and spring - SOLD (locally)
Large purple 20 pipe with header and spring - $65 – Frank Pulte
New purple pipe - $35 – SOLD - Gary Lauer

New small purple pipe - $20
New large silver pipe - $40
Various clamps will be gifted with pipe purchases.

Will consider discounts or adders if purchasing multiple motors, etc. For example - purchase both car motors and I'll through in the car misc. parts lot.

If there are mistakes or oversights, please let me know!

Thanks again and Best regards,
Dave

Last edited:
Hi Gary,

Noted and corrected in the list and your total.

Hi Mike,

Most of these were purchased in the 1998-2005 time frame. I purchased them both new and used, some direct, some from other people. Car motors were purchased 2010 and 2014. Car motor and marine motor parts are interchangeable.

All of the marine motors are "LS" models, if I am not mistaken. The new parts and many of the parts in the complete motors are RS parts, which were a drop in for this previous generation. The differences were case casting changes around the transfers, holes below the ports in the piston and sleves for transfers vs. no holes, etc. and slight timing changes. The rods also changed shape over the course of the models but were the same physical dimensions. Bearings, crank, head buttons, carbs, were all the same as far as I am aware. Water jackets sometimes changed the fitting locations but were otherwise the same.

Best regards,
Dave

Hi Gary,

Noted and corrected in the list and your total.

Hi Mike,

Most of these were purchased in the 1998-2005 time frame. I purchased them both new and used, some direct, some from other people. Car motors were purchased 2010 and 2014. Car motor and marine motor parts are interchangeable.

All of the marine motors are "LS" models, if I am not mistaken. The new parts and many of the parts in the complete motors are RS parts, which were a drop in for this previous generation. The differences were case casting changes around the transfers, holes below the ports in the piston and sleves for transfers vs. no holes, etc. and slight timing changes. The rods also changed shape over the course of the models but were the same physical dimensions. Bearings, crank, head buttons, carbs, were all the same as far as I am aware. Water jackets sometimes changed the fitting locations but were otherwise the same.

Best regards,
Dave

Awsome thanks alot for the info Dave!

Back