• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

POLL - requiring pics in for sale ads

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I/W require picture(s) of the actual item(s) being sold in all for sale ads?

• Total voters
Andy I think a tutorial thread on posting pics would be a good idea.
default_smile.png

BTW- tinypic.com is the EASIEST way to do it- I would gladly make a tutorial thread here if needed. Say the word Don.

It can be done without tiny pics my home computer will edit and resize the pictures. the one I posted was reduced 50%

I would never offer something up for sale without posting a picture of the item. I also would never consider buying something with a 'factory' picture of the item. Show me the real deal.

POST PICS ALWAYS. It is hard enough to make a decision to buy even with a photo,and I don't like buying items sight unseen, but I have because it was a drive cable or something similar, and stock photos of what an item SHOULD look like should not be allowed.

Sending a pic through email or text is just as good and easier then putting a picture on here. Especially with a smart phone. That's my reason. It takes forever to get a picture on here with a phone. Make it easier for the mobile version of the site and I'll vote yes.

Edit for spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy I think a tutorial thread on posting pics would be a good idea.
default_smile.png

BTW- tinypic.com is the EASIEST way to do it- I would gladly make a tutorial thread here if needed. Say the word Don.

Here is a rough start - to get people going. In the coming days I will do some more research to explore other options and become a little more knowledge in those areas - If anyone has HELPFUL info they care to add - please do so in this thread, maybe Don can pin it - as I dont have the keys to this place
default_wink.png

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=61182

Last edited by a moderator:
should have been manditory since day one. i won't buy anything i can't see

just me though

Don, I cast a no vote because I do not think people need pictures of raw nib props, glo plugs Sholand props(from Mark) or other new items. To remove them from the package for photos would put doubt in a buyers mind if it is truly new. Another way buyers can help protect themselves is look at the sellers profile. Does he have any friends? How long has he been a member? Does he list his location?

I think it is great that Andy has offered to school folks on this subject but Andy(and Don) will be coming off the injured reserve list soon. Perhaps some items could be excluded from the mandatory pictures rule.

Don, I cast a no vote because I do not think people need pictures of raw nib props, glo plugs Sholand props(from Mark) or other new items. To remove them from the package for photos would put doubt in a buyers mind if it is truly new. Another way buyers can help protect themselves is look at the sellers profile. Does he have any friends? How long has he been a member? Does he list his location?

I think it is great that Andy has offered to school folks on this subject but Andy(and Don) will be coming off the injured reserve list soon. Perhaps some items could be excluded from the mandatory pictures rule.
I've posted pics of brand new stuff in package before. You don't have to take a glow plug out of the pack to show it's new, kinda obvious I would say. Let's not nit pick on something that might apply maybe 10% of the time, gotta focus on the big picture. Last time this came up the members shot it down, the results of the poll are painting a very different picture (pun intended) this time.
default_smile.png

I vote no.

While a picture will help someone you don't know sell you an item, it should not be required.

I have taken the position that I only buy from people I know and trust. I dont need a picture from them to know if the item is what they are saying it is.

A picture is not as reliable as a good reputation.

Al Hobbs

I voted no but a pic will help to sell the item as long as its current. I once bought a scale boat from a Namba member who I thought was reputable, turns out the pic was of the hull when it was new and not as I received it and needing a total rebuild and paint. In all cases a pic is not required as far as I'm concerned.

Someone suggested to me a while back to require pics on items priced over a certain dollar amount, what about something like that?

Someone suggested to me a while back to require pics on items priced over a certain dollar amount, what about something like that?
No use confusing the issue, either we require it or we don't. Everything I have sold has included pictures of the item.

Back