• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

POLL - requiring pics in for sale ads

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I/W require picture(s) of the actual item(s) being sold in all for sale ads?

• Total voters
Well folks with an 83% return in favor and the vast majority of those being true "regulars" of I/W this is a done deal. So here is how this is gonna roll, as of Monday July 14th pictures of the actual item(s) for sale will be required in all personal for sale ads. This gives folks plenty of time to get an understanding of how and/or to ask how it's done if you don't know. Of course common sense needs to play a part as in we all know what a glow plug looks like so showing the plug in the package is fine. "Generic" pics lifted from say a manufacturers site are not acceptable, show the actual things for sale. Any personal for sale ads posted without pics will get one posted warning then the entire thread will be deleted if not corrected within 24 hours. Manufacturers/distributors ads will not require pics nor will "want to buy" or "looking for" type posts in the For Sale section. I want to thank everyone who took the time to vote on this regardless of how you voted.
default_smile.png

I'm good with the way things turned out too Don. I really needed to learn how to do this a long time ago. I have been practicing posting some pics on the off topic thread "Test". I have found out if you reduce pictures to 45-50% the images are too small and if you try to enlarge then the picture lacks clarity. Reducing by 20- 30% seems to work well.

Are we really going to dispute this issue? If you want to see a pic just send a message and ask for one. The more difficult and political you make a thing (think apba and boat racing in general), the less people will participate. My vote? Delete this thread and pretend it never existed
Yep! It's getting to be a Big Government Nanny state around here.

The quote on Don's posts - " A government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have."

Are we really going to dispute this issue? If you want to see a pic just send a message and ask for one. The more difficult and political you make a thing (think apba and boat racing in general), the less people will participate. My vote? Delete this thread and pretend it never existed
Yep! It's getting to be a Big Government Nanny state around here.

The quote on Don's posts - " A government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have."
DUDE - this was left TOTALLY up to THE MEMBERSHIP and they spoke. Democracy works folks when you let it and 83% said let it be so.
default_wink.png

Time to move to bigger and better things .......

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, I know Don! They vote for politicians to look out for them too!

The result of this is that some items will not get posted for sale. That certainly is fine I guess.

I still think that if one is interested in buying and wants to see a pic they can ask if one has not been provided. If the seller does not wish to post a pic it simply reduces his chance of selling the item.

If one chooses to buy with no pic he normally understands the risk.

Those who buy engines with pics of only the outside are also taking a big risk.

I would not buy a used engine from anyone that I did not know well, based on an extrenal pic only.

Same goes for electronics. What does a pic do? Prove that the servo has not been run over by a truck?

103 people disagree with me. That's ok. I'll stand with the 22 that do agree.

What does a pic do? Prove that the servo has not been run over by a truck?
100% correct andy ----

I shouldnt have to ask to see an item Im thinking about buying and if your to lazy to toss up a picture of an item your trying to sell Im gonna usually be to lazy to open a tab to my account to pay you for it--and before it gets said if you have the time and knolledge to PM a half dozen people pictures of your item you can figure out how to post that item in the add 1 time---you say people wont post over it lol yeah they will--people love money and a picture wont stop that--BUT you might actually pick-up more buyers with a proper sale add
default_wink.png

Okay , I will try again, this time a little more politically correct.

The membership voted and by and overwhelming count- THE VOTE OF THE MEMBERS PASSED -PERIOD.

Jerry, Andy, Mike - quit bitching about it- ITS DONE. I went out of my way to write a tutorial- answer questions and help ANYONE that needed it-In light of your continuous crying and moaning- even though the membership had spoken. If you dont want to take the time to learn how to keep yourself in compliance here- shame on you. Had you put the effort into learning how to do it- that you did complaining about it- you would have it down by now. I have decided to remove the content I spent a great deal of time TRYING to help those that wanting it- you are the reason, so the other members that needed the help and where willing to give it a shot lost out due to your words and lack of being able to handle what has passed- period. IMHO- Ebay is a great option for you if you dont feel like you can take the time to learn the new procedures here, They require pics as well, but you will figure that out- good luck, as Im done helping or aiding the ongoing lack of being able to handle reality on some peoples parts on this forum.

Have a great day,

Andy

Back