• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

POLL - requiring pics in for sale ads

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I/W require picture(s) of the actual item(s) being sold in all for sale ads?

• Total voters

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Hey folks, once again this topic has come to surface and I decided to put it back out there. I/W is one of the few sites that do not require pics of the actual items being sold. However, since in recent past we've had numerous issues about how an item or items being sold were represented perhaps it's time to revisit this. While I myself think ads without pics are foolish and hinder selling it's always been left up to the members. So with that being said let's see how everyone else feels about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you NOT want to see what you are buying and it's condition?

If you are not willing to post a pic with your for sale thread then you are simply hiding something....

jmho...

I think that not knowing how to post a pic is a huge reason why most do not...like Anthony said...

One of the biggest reasons people have problems posting pics is they are too large to start with. Most current smart phones and such take very high resolution and large image size pics which result in a huge file (that exceeds our per pic limit). The best way to avoid the issue is to save the image to your picture file first, then open it with whatever picture viewing program you have and reduce the file size (i.e. pic size). Then once the file size is reduced it should be alot easier to post. It really doesn't take much of a reduction (20% usually will do) to get the file size down significantly.
default_smile.png

I would like to hear on this thread from anyone who says no to pics being required as to why they feel that way. As I said in my opinion not having pics only hurts your efforts but as others mentioned also makes it easier to "hide" something.
default_rolleyes.gif

Some guys do not know how to post a pic,.. but we can help them
EXACTLY -

I for one have helped more than one guy / gal post pics here, its not rocket science
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png
- but some cant do it and I AM ALWAYS WILLING to help anyone that ask's - hell most I the time I offer before they ask. Its not a bad idea- as long as someone is willing to educate and help new users or those that are not sure how to do it, some guys can run a 100+mph boat and not be able to post pics -

I don't seem to have that problem
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

ONCE AGAIN -

IF you ever need help, shoot me a pm or post on your stuff and I will gladly get your pics up AND help you learn to do it
default_cool.png

BTW- tinypic.com is the EASIEST way to do it- I would gladly make a tutorial thread here if needed.

Say the word Don.

YES btw -

Andy

You already know how good I am at posting pictures Don
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png
. I always offer to e-mail pictures but I think some people feel like that is private information and just do not want to send out their e-mail. Pictures can be misleading too- you might get a picture of the

'undamaged" side of the boat. I've been on here 9 years Don and have learned to buy only from the people I trust. I certainly do not need a picture of a raw prop. I've finally learned how to edit pictures on the computer but attaching to a post still has me baffled. Thanks to you and Andy for helping me in the past
default_smile.png

Glenn, I would like to think that "as a whole " we respect each other enough and police each other here enough to keep the bad pennies out of the pile, it does happen and I HATE IT when it does, because it can truly make a person that's new to what we do - want to walk away - not good. If it had not been for QUALITY people at the lake and here- I would have probably given up after my first E-Bay 40 Seadunker was a turd, I learned that if possible its best to buy used and even new equipment from proven / trusted individuals AND if possible something you have seen run , or a trusted person here that has. There is ALWAYS going to be that time when - it just doesn't work out to be what the buyer expected or the seller presented- been there done that , even with a trusted racer here on this sight- not his fault, is what it is and lesson learned. You have been around here for about the same amount of time I have, and have been a really good friend - I will GLADLY post a pic here for you any day if you ever needed, and thats what this is gonna take.

Blow my email or pm box up if needed- but I say its a good idea.

Andy

Ok Don question i am a huge computer dummy yes i said that i have no idea how to put a pic up could there be some way we could send a pic to addministrative and the post for us

Pictures don't always show everything but it does help in the decision on the purchase.

This is a tough one because do you really need to post a pic of NIP glow pugs.

Maybe require a condition of the item.

I believe it is out of laziness. If you want to sell an item the first question interested buyers post is asking for a pic. My take is to require pics when posting

I think you should have to post pics it is not hard to do , especially on this site. Posting pics saves everyone alot of time and definately boosts sales if your a seller.

im a 21 year old who sits at a computer everyday and I still can not figure out how to post a pic...............
default_blink.png

Well I finally figured it out after scratching my head for years. No one explained I have to go into full edit mode. I guess even a old dog can learn new tricks.

009.JPG

Well I finally figured it out after scratching my head for years. No one explained I have to go into full edit mode. I guess even a old dog can learn new tricks.
Nice boat !!!! I use the "more reply options" button on the bottom right side the of the page. Just click on it, then click on attach, choose your pic, then click post reply and your done. It`s simple
default_smile.png

Nice boat !!!! I use the "more reply options" button on the bottom right side the of the page. Just click on it, then click on attach, choose your pic, then click post reply and your done. It`s simple
default_smile.png
Nice! ....One step closer to everyone getting along! Lol! J/K!

I agree in all cases except when I was selling cmb motors, people wanted to see a photo. I say if you don't know what a new in the box motor looks like, you shouldn't need to buy one. Any used item should require a pic, but I have received stuff that was in no way close to the photo they showed, so it works both ways. Maybe a post with screen shots to show how to post photos would help.

BTW- tinypic.com is the EASIEST way to do it- I would gladly make a tutorial thread here if needed.

Say the word Don.

Andy
Suggest you do it then for those that do not know how to do it.

Back