• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

POLL - requiring pics in for sale ads

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I/W require picture(s) of the actual item(s) being sold in all for sale ads?

• Total voters
So I guess this will apply to the Mfgs. for sale items also? The way I read the proposal was any for sale item. Actual item, not a facsimile on a website? Forget the dollar amount Don, people have already voted.

I can see not putting pics of plugs things like that up and yes Glenn is right manufactures should have pics whether it be here or on there site if this goes through i voted yes

Robert, I respect you and even though we did not vote alike, I respect your decision. I respect Don for putting it to a vote- instead of making a "executive decision". What I do not like is people saying "they do not post pictures out of laziness". I finally learned how to do it without any help from I.W. I always offered to send pics to a e-mail address. Seem's some are too paranoid to send an e-mail OR TOO LAZY TO ASK.

So I guess this will apply to the Mfgs. for sale items also? The way I read the proposal was any for sale item. Actual item, not a facsimile on a website? Forget the dollar amount Don, people have already voted.
Hmmmm, good Q. If we compare the number of problems from private sellers to manufacturers the difference is HUGE. I'm thinking just the private sellers but I'm open to everyone's opinion on that.
default_smile.png

I wanted to solicit at least 100 votes on the original Q, we are close and it seems opinions have changed drastically since the last time this came up.
default_cool.png

Don't fix something that isn't broke it's worked fine to this point i've always posted pictures on the items I've sold I hope this doesn't turn out to be like Jim's for sale section

Boaters,

Sometimes a picture shows a lot, but I have been very lucky here on

IW so far. If I knew how to post pictures I would change my no vote.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Mark, Andy is working on it. There are several different ways to do it. I think Andy uses tiny pics.com . I use the home computer and after taking pictures and saving them to computer Right click on the picture you want and a list will appear. Left click on properties and another list will appear click on edit and you will get a new screen. Click on resize and the number 100 will appear. Change the 100 to 45(%). Then click on resize or OK. The computer will ask if you would like to save the changes made- click on yes and the picture in your files will be reduced to 45% of it's original size. When you make your post on IW you must click on full edit or other options to get the attach symbol to appear. Just add picture.

Don, I am not aware of what set off this schidt storm in the first place but if it was not the Vendors here on IW lets leave em alone.

Don, I am not aware of what set off this schidt storm in the first place but if it was not the Vendors here on IW lets leave em alone.
If we change anything it will be private sellers only. The manufacturers/vendors section will remain unchanged.
default_smile.png
Agreed on the vendors -

99 votes- and the majority agree's - call it a day and make it so. I have offered to help anyone that needs it, and Glenn seems to have a handle on the way the site works. I ran a bunch of different test photo's using the site only and not tinypic and only had a couple small issues.

I copied and posted your post on the other thread Glenn- hope thats okay, lmk.

THANKS for your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya Sure, It's ok Andy. Glad I could help you for a change. Did you find 45% was the best size for posting on IW?

Ya Sure, It's ok Andy. Glad I could help you for a change. Did you find 45% was the best size for posting on IW?
Honestly I never tried to resize- worked just fine using the standard format from the page- see test photos in O/T .

Ok Men, I Voted NO Pictures are not required. My Reason is I dont just buy from anyone and buying say a couple gallons of fuel or anything .... hell i bought engines without pictures

Are we really going to dispute this issue? If you want to see a pic just send a message and ask for one. The more difficult and political you make a thing (think apba and boat racing in general), the less people will participate. My vote? Delete this thread and pretend it never existed

Are we really going to dispute this issue? If you want to see a pic just send a message and ask for one. The more difficult and political you make a thing (think apba and boat racing in general), the less people will participate. My vote? Delete this thread and pretend it never existed
I'm not really sure where you see a dispute- its a poll and open discussion. Not a negative word has been spoken until now, and it will stay that way.

Back