PB Racing new motor test

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, like your trim on Ol' Red, You run em like I do!!!!

Yee Haww, get outta the way boys!!!!! Here she comes :eek:

Gene ;D

That's trimmed in Gene.

I think we are going to have to add weight to it. the last run we made I wish I could have got a pic of it but I was too slow. Josh got concerened because it starting climbing out of the water near the dock he was standing on. We are going to do some more testing, this may be our new modified racing motor for this season so far we like it.

Tim ;D

Thats trimmed in? He,He, Shazammmm!!!!!

Think ya got yerself a great combo there ;)

Gene ;D

Phase III Racing: Splintering hulls at a pond near you......

HUM !!!! Boys I think you have something there !!!

That baby would match up to my WOF 28/30's just fine, need a tester ?? : :) ;D

RCB2 If he could come up with a generic engine case and his own sort'a foot he is in business .

All it would take is no lettering on the engine case and a self made [ KB or OS style ect. ] foot. Taiwian, China, Russia will make any brand you want, they do it already .

PRECISION ENGINES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Tim,

Just to clarify something...the $250 expected price includes exactly what? i understand you say RTR motor, but does that include a lower unit with stub, shaft, motor (with all mods to convert it to OB use)

Sorry if you have already stated this, but i just wanted you to clarify it again :)

Oh and what hasnt anyone tried to adapt a motor to the TT OB leg? could a K&B or NR rossi or something be geared to create a monstor of a motor?

Kris

Hey Kris,

Tunnelbill and I were discussing the same thing about a year or two ago - using the TT bottom end with the reduction gears and a Novarossi. Problem is that you need a NORMAL direction crankshaft with the pin on the end of it for the PTO. I had all the parts to do it except for the crank and couldn't get anyone to make it for me :- Sold off my TT stuff so I can't do it now anyway.

Hi guys,

We are going to test again tomorrow if the rain stops. So far we like what we see. If this comes about we will start putting together the motors for shipping, but I will let you guys know then. What we will offer is the power head for $250.00 ready to bolt on complete with carb. an the 90' header will cost $19.95, an opitional nose cone $19.95 the stock motor will have nose cone with "V" in it. I will let all you know something asap. I may also have a V Stack for carb as a option. See pic.

Tim

PB Racing

Tim one question !! does the engine have a RG sleeve and piston OR another sleeve and piston ?? You can Email me if you would rather not post it .

???

II believe that TT lower , and standard direction powerhead is worth a try. I’ll let you know how it goes (with pics in a few weeks).

Tim,

I’ll be holding off on that novarossi LS crankshaft for a little while :p . I’ll call you back in a few weeks if I cant make it work ???.

Kevin Bulifant

Hi Kevin,

Let us know how it goes, Bobby Tom tried that an had no luck ,said the gears was a problem. I have no clue never had one apart.

Tim ;D

I never had a problem with the gears - ever. And we punished them too! The only issue I ever had was I got a new set of the reduction ones and it felt really gritty so I lapped them in with some fine valve grinding paste , then washed them, fitted new bearings, greased the gears up and away we went.

Using the 1.04:1 gears are a waste of time in my opinion - the real benefit is when you fit the higher reduction ratio as it multiplies the motor torque allowing use of big prop's.

Tim, Is the crank and PTO available alone for this OS motor? If so, how much? Thanks, Andy

Back