Orlando Culvert Dodgers Inc.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have the results online as soon as I can. I got in late last night after the race and clean up got a shower, ate and went to bed.

I am now in Jacksonville for work and should be back home tonight??

Ron

Last edited:
Come on Ron! I can't believe you had rather get a little sleep, eat and go to work instead of posting the results.

Mark Hopper

Hats off to the Orlando Culvert Dodgers for anther great WinterNats. good weather and great racing! Charlie Ott and Lou Gerdick, enjoyed meeting and racing with you guys and hope you guys can make it down next year. Ron"SPEEDY"Byrd, you were one busy dude-awesome job buddy!!

MARK

Hats off to the Orlando Culvert Dodgers for anther great WinterNats. good weather and great racing! Charlie Ott and Lou Gerdick, enjoyed meeting and racing with you guys and hope you guys can make it down next year. Ron"SPEEDY"Byrd, you were one busy dude-awesome job buddy!!

MARK

I'll second that, Mark. Other than the windy conditions, the weather was really nice. Ron Byrd worked his As@$$# off and did an outstanding job. The Orlando club pulled off another huge race! Thanks to all who attended. Next stop, Brandon.

Man the Dodgers did an awesome job of keeping it all together ! Reedy and Harry **** near wore out the retrieve boats ! Thanks to all club members , Ellie and Brian , Ron, Gary , Lupe and all the others . A great week off for me even thogh I didnt get much sleep , had a grand time !! Tom .

Great job OCD!!, Everyone worked there azzes off,gotter done ,and as expected Ron called me over as he promised he would, LOL See ya in Brandon!!

Steve HearL

HEY Thanks for the report.

Always nice to see who does what, wish I could have been there.

I see Mark Walter wins scale hydro, great job. Perry W was firsts or 0 what happen Perry?

PHIL

HEY Thanks for the report.

Always nice to see who does what, wish I could have been there.

I see Mark Walter wins scale hydro, great job. Perry W was firsts or 0 what happen Perry?

PHIL

I had em covered Phil running up front in all of them but the last where I didnt make the start which was a windy course going slow and she loaded up and died. I blew off on one after leading 4 laps, got trash in the needle on the other after leading 3 laps. Only managed to finish with one first. :( There is always the next race :D

Perry got tangled with Hartley once and I am not sure about his other zero??

I am still looking for the mail man to bring me a disk of 04 and 05 In ternats but he hasn't made it yet????

Ron

Last edited:
Hi Ron do you take any pictures during race boats so show us thanks, ;)

Alan, I wish I would have had the time to take pics......... I was CD, ScoreKeeper and Contestant all in one.

There should be some pics on the Namba3.net site as our district historian was taking pics. Dont know if they are up on the site yet or not?

Ron

THE CANDYMAN CAN! Thanks Phil, the boat was really movin' all weekend. not bad for a 30 year old shovel runnin' a Picco!! :D Steve H. is DA MAN, he calmed me right down when I was batteling Fred Hartley for the win in the final heat! Phil, wished you were there! MARK U-5

What a GREAT Race and GREAT Drivers, I was just a spectator (not good enough or fast enough to compete, Yet) But Boy was I impressed !! From a novice point of view what a well organized and talented bunch of people. LOVED WATCHING THE RACES !!! GREAT JOB !!!

What a GREAT Race and GREAT Drivers, I was just a spectator (not good enough or fast enough to compete, Yet) But Boy was I impressed !! From a novice point of view what a well organized and talented bunch of people. LOVED WATCHING THE RACES !!! GREAT JOB !!!

Ralph I never knew you were there. I really wish you would have came up to me and introduced yourself. You had to have seen me either CD'ing, racing, running to my trailer to score or posting scores. Blue trailer right by the cd stand with Race Craft Bearing banner on the side.

Anyway thanks for the kind words it shows that we did our job well.

PS you are more than welcome to come run with us.

Ron

Great post Ralph, If you are interested in getting into racing, drop by the lake and talk with the Orlando club. they will help you and answer any questions that you have. hope to see you at a race. MARK

CONGRATS SEIEMIC AMIGOS TEAM MEMBER CHRIS WITTRIG, GREAT JOB.

FIRST PLACE IN

B-MOD OPC

C- HYDRO

SPORT-40-2

AMIGOS "ROCK"!!! :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

DON ;)

I have several things to add tonight.

1. I think the Orlando Club did a very good job with a race site that is very difficult to manage. In particular. Ron Byrd reminds me of the battery ad: He just keeps going, going, going! How he finds the time to race I don't know. His Scale was wound up real tight and very, very fast.

2. Phil: I learned years ago while racing in APBA that either you were there when the gun went off or forget it. I have carried that over to RC Model Boat Racing with mixed results. You noticed it right off. Two firsts, one DNS and one disqualification. Oh well it was fun anyway.

Your cowl arrived so that Jeff could use it Saturday and Sunday. Note that it must have worked as he won one heat of Sport 40 with the new cowl on the boat. Also Andy Brown helped Jeff get his MAC squared away which entailed modifying the water intake and modifying his exhaust pipe. Nothing to do with the engine which was screaming in the heat he won.

Hope to see you at Ft. Liquordale in July.

3. Congratulations to my son Mark. He accomplished something that I have tried to do since I started racing model boats 2 1/2 years ago. He won the scale Winternats to go along with his National Championship in a full size boat in the APBA Nationals some years ago. It is hard to believe that he did it with an inferior design for scale racing and using an old Picco. I now have to admit that he can drive circles around me and the only good part about it is that he is my son. God Bless you Mark.

4. We must now look forward to the NAMBA Nationals in July. I hope that all racers in District 3 will assist Fred and Jerry and the entire Lauderdale Club to ensure that this 2006 event measures up to the great event last year in New Hampshire.

Wow, what got me going? Best regards to all RC Boat Racers. We have a wonderful sport.

Perry (NAMBA 831, Space Coast Rudder Busters)

I've got some video footage of the 1st 2 race days that I'll post on RCFLIX when I get a chance. I won't be home until next weekend (what a life watch boat races on the weekend then a training session for my job all week :) ) so I'll cleanup the video and post as soon as I can.

-MikeL
I've uploaded one of the hydo races to rcflix.com. Just do a search on my username "mikel" on the site and you will find it. I'll upload more as I get time.

-MikeL

Latest posts

Back