Orlando Culvert Dodgers Inc.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mitch, I havent talked to Don since you guys were at the Sowega race..... :blink:

Tell your dad to call him, last I heard he said he was going, but who knows...

His cell # is 843 810-8888

~James

Hey Mitch, I havent talked to Don since you guys were at the Sowega race..... :blink:

Tell your dad to call him, last I heard he said he was going, but who knows...

His cell # is 843 810-8888

~James

From talking with Don in the last couple of weeks, he was planning on going with me to SOWEGA and not the Winter Nat's. Our schedules will not work well. I have 2 boats torn down for repairs and painting myself. SOWEGA is our first target race at the moment.

Good luck this weekend at the Winter Nats. Keep those of us not fortunate enough to go up to speed with the race results.

Good luck this weekend at the Winter Nats. Keep those of us not fortunate enough to go up to speed with the race results.

Thanks John! CD'ing, scoring and racing will keep me busy but I will do my best to post results when I get home. If only my WiFi laptop could pick up the local network I could do it as the race progressed however the network signal doesnt quite make it to the lake. If only I could boost the signal somehow HUMMM

Later........Ron

Ron,

If there is anyway to provide power somewhere close to where the signal fades, go to staples and get a bridge/repeater. That should get you another 300+feet.

Or get in touch with a local Direcway or Dish Network provider and get them to come out and "sponsor" the race and provide you with a connection.

just my 2 thoughts

Don McGurn

Well the 25th Anniversary Orlando Winter Nationals are upon us. This year being our 25th we added Uncontrolled Open water to start on Tuesday and go thru Wednesday. Controlled Open Water as usual is on Thursday. Racing will begin brite and early Friday and run thru Sunday.

Having checked the forcast for Tuesday thru Sunday it looks to be very promising with moderate temps 50 in the am to 73 in the afternoon 65 in the evenings. Rain chance is no more than 10% Wednesday thru Sunday, and wind forcasts are for 3 to 5 mph. Tuesday there is a 20% chance with winds forcast at 7 mph. If the forcast stays as projected we should have a very nice week of racing.

Everyone who is making the trip please have a safe trip, we look forward to being your host....... see you in a few days!

Ron Byrd

Last edited:
Well the 25th Anniversary Orlando Winter Nationals are upon us. This year being our 25th we added Uncontrolled Open water to start on Tuesday and go thru Wednesday. Controlled Open Water as usual is on Thursday. Racing will begin brite and early Friday and run thru Sunday.

Having checked the forcast for Tuesday thru Sunday it looks to be very promising with moderate temps 50 in the am to 73 in the afternoon 65 in the evenings. Rain chance is no more than 10% Wednesday thru Sunday, and wind forcasts are for 3 to 5 mph. Tuesday there is a 20% chance with winds forcast at 7 mph. If the forcast stays as projected we should have a very nice week of racing.

Everyone who is making the trip please have a safe trip, we look forward to being your host....... see you in a few days!

Ron Byrd
Good luck with your race Byrdman ....Mikey

Ron Byrd
Good luck with your race Byrdman ....Mikey

Thanks Mikey!

So who's looked hot during today's open water?? :unsure:

Wish I could be there.

:)

-Buck-

What's the good word from down there?

Is Mr. Folts doing any good with his old (and I mean OLD) 20 rigger? :p

I've known Tim since I was knee high to a grass hopper so I can rib him a little. :D

-Buck-

What's the good word from down there?

Is Mr. Folts doing any good with his old (and I mean OLD) 20 rigger? :p

I've known Tim since I was knee high to a grass hopper so I can rib him a little. :D

-Buck-

I have been very busy for the last several days but I promised to post results and here is the link to them.............

2006 Orlando Winter Nationals - Results after day 2

Ron
Hi Ron Did you take any photos gallery during race boats? ;) How was the weather?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update Ron it looks like it was mostly a GAS race not too many nitro entries. It was nice to see some of the boaters names back in there tha thad gotten out for a while I'm glad to see Ken Carpenters name back and joe Ingrao too.

I've got some video footage of the 1st 2 race days that I'll post on RCFLIX when I get a chance. I won't be home until next weekend (what a life watch boat races on the weekend then a training session for my job all week :) ) so I'll cleanup the video and post as soon as I can.

-MikeL

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the race and i had a great time and pitted with Tim Fults and his wife Susan . They are great people and we had a great time ! Tim is a woodworking craftsman as I had the opportunity to see his photo book of the hand made exotic wood constructed Kayaks that he builds !!!! Unreal is the only word to describe the quality . His Spider ran good , I loaned him a prop that made the boat motivate . Great race , great people and Great Weather for a change !!!

Chris Harris and i just spent a couple days hang'n out in Jerry Crowther's pit at the NAMBA "Winter Nationals" and it was grand...

we met some fine folks, witnessed some excellent racing, and enjoyed the experience very much...

thanks to Jerry Crowther, Dave Bestpitch, and Ron Byrd for put'n up with a couple Fast Electric [sAWS] nuts and making us feel welcomed!

Ron Green B)

Just got back from the race and i had a great time and pitted with Tim Fults and his wife Susan . They are great people and we had a great time ! Tim is a woodworking craftsman as I had the opportunity to see his photo book of the hand made exotic wood constructed Kayaks that he builds !!!! Unreal is the only word to describe the quality . His Spider ran good , I loaned him a prop that made the boat motivate . Great race , great people and Great Weather for a change !!!
Tim dose build some cool looking kayaks. He's been wanting me to go out to his place so we can paddle around. :lol:

How did he fair over all?

-Buck-

Latest posts

Back