NR.12 Macs 2.5 pipe NR header

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opio

Well I just got home from a couple months out of town for work, and what a wonderful day it is. A long with a sweet .21 from shawdaddy, a new rc truck, and tons of other parts, I got my NR.12 for my JAE. What would be a good pipe length with the above mentioned parts? NR.12 mod carb, NR header, and Macs 2.5 pipe. And just to make sure I don't mess it up, explain how to measure it again lol!!! Thanks much! Jeremy

Well I just got home from a couple months out of town for work, and what a wonderful day it is. A long with a sweet .21 from shawdaddy, a new rc truck, and tons of other parts, I got my NR.12 for my JAE. What would be a good pipe length with the above mentioned parts? NR.12 mod carb, NR header, and Macs 2.5 pipe. And just to make sure I don't mess it up, explain how to measure it again lol!!! Thanks much! Jeremy
Jermey I have my mac pipe length set at 7 1/2" , I will shorten when I get a chance to run the boat on a warm day. Im sure it can be shorten but this is the best starting point. You can all was cut more off but never add it back on so when in doubt cut long. I have a air cooled NR C12 side exhaust with macheader, my pipe itself is is aprox 8". dont know do you have water cooled head rear exhaust 5 port......?

Hope that is of some help

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy,

This was posted a while ago, it should help ya.

Mike

Jeremy, just make it as short as that pipe will go. Cut off the pipe until is just slips over the header (don't cut off so much that it gets "sloppy" over the header) and then adjust it as short as the pipe coupler will go around the bend in the header.

Glenn

Latest posts

Back