Novarossi Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
All:
I have been back and forth with my Novarossi Italy contacts. I am waiting on a decision from Ms Rossi. Everything at factory still in order. Ms Rossi is older now and since losing her husband a few years ago she is trying to decide if they rehire employees lost during the extended 6 month COVID shut down or sell to another owner. I have full confidence at this point that they will return in some capacity. In the meantime I have a friend in Italy helping me get product and engines. They are picking up another substantial order for me next week which will also include engines. I received a large order two weeks ago (rods, bearings, exhaust couplers, cases, cranks, etc) that has almost been completely sold. I will send notice to all members of the website as to what is received. I will also post a note on the manufacturer thread pointing to the website when received into inventory. If you have not yet joined or purchased from Novarossi Marine USA, and would like to receive notice, go to www.novarossi.us and join so you will receive that notice if you want a Nova product or part. Thank you

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and all that your doing. I will sign up to get updates.
If there are any bearings sets available after everybody gets their order let me know I need two sets of bearings and a rod for my .21 keep MP
Thanks
Jim

I wanted to update my post above. Most of their original employees cant be rehired as they had to take different jobs to feed their families after being shutdown for over 6 months. Totally staffing and training over 25 new employees for a lady in her late 70’s will be a huge task. Thats why the best thing may be selling to a new energetic and focused owner. Just wanted to keep everyone updated. Thanks.

Thanks for the info and all that your doing. I will sign up to get updates.
If there are any bearings sets available after everybody gets their order let me know I need two sets of bearings and a rod for my .21 keep MP
Thanks
Jim
James,
Thank you. Most if not all of those items in stock. Go to website when you are ready. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,
I confirm what Ron said, the company has been closed since this year and also currently. I've been there twice and have a look, everything locked. Since unemployment insurance in Italy is not particularly good, everyone has been looking for new jobs. The old lady wants to sell her company, but so far without success. The sales figures are bad because of Covid19 so the sale comes at a bad time. The longer engines and parts are not available, the more people will switch to other manufacturers. Bad news for all of us. Hope that Ron get´s out some parts and engines for you.

Hi,
I confirm what Ron said, the company has been closed since this year and also currently. I've been there twice and have a look, everything locked. Since unemployment insurance in Italy is not particularly good, everyone has been looking for new jobs. The old lady wants to sell her company, but so far without success. The sales figures are bad because of Covid19 so the sale comes at a bad time. The longer engines and parts are not available, the more people will switch to other manufacturers. Bad news for all of us. Hope that Ron get´s out some parts and engines for you.

Winfred,
Thanks for your update as well. Fingers crossed someone steps up soon while everything is still in one place.

I wonder how much capital it would take to buy Novarossi.

Not saying it would work, but if there is enough of us in the hobby world wide do you think we could start an IPO between all of us?

Just a thought

get enough people in and what a way to keep the company going and...... would it need to be profit making ??? maybe not if owned by the hobby !!! or small profit for future developement ?

I wanted to update my post above. Most of their original employees cant be rehired as they had to take different jobs to feed their families after being shutdown for over 6 months. Totally staffing and training over 25 new employees for a lady in her late 70’s will be a huge task. Thats why the best thing may be selling to a new energetic and focused owner. Just wanted to keep everyone updated. Thanks.
Money talks, from my experience, just a couple of years, if you want your previous employees back today, just offer them $ 5,000.00 US dollar signing bonus and a competitive wage and they will be in the plant tomorrow!

The tooling and the building ain't cheep let alone the intellectual value of the product.
Then the pay roll , insurance taxes and utility's.
Would have to sell a 100,000 or so toy eng to make any $$$$ from it.
So who is going to make the first 1000 eng order with spare parts to get the ball rolling????????

it dose have to be for prophet, so you can pay the employees. Not to mention to support the investment in the mini factory it is, and the board members that run it. They need to be compensated for there time. And also what to think about is if everyone owns a share it would be nice if you wanted to sell your position it would have some value to pass to another member if you got out of the hobby.

It would take some talented skilled people to do what's necessary to operate equipment to machine the parts to make the product. So Johns right, and so is Dwiilfong. skilled individuals would have to be enticed. As a start what would the family want for the money
Remember it's just one idea

All:
I have been back and forth with my Novarossi Italy contacts. I am waiting on a decision from Ms Rossi. Everything at factory still in order. Ms Rossi is older now and since losing her husband a few years ago she is trying to decide if they rehire employees lost during the extended 6 month COVID shut down or sell to another owner. I have full confidence at this point that they will return in some capacity. In the meantime I have a friend in Italy helping me get product and engines. They are picking up another substantial order for me next week which will also include engines. I received a large order two weeks ago (rods, bearings, exhaust couplers, cases, cranks, etc) that has almost been completely sold. I will send notice to all members of the website as to what is received. I will also post a note on the manufacturer thread pointing to the website when received into inventory. If you have not yet joined or purchased from Novarossi Marine USA, and would like to receive notice, go to www.novarossi.us and join so you will receive that notice if you want a Nova product or part. Thank you
All:
All:

Ron
Thanks for your hard work and endurance and the massive effort to keep everyone informed , I know it ya been a massive burden on you trying to get answers out of Italy .

Ms Rossi shouldn’t worry I am sure either her loyal workers will return and help the family either way or a major invested like BZM come on bourd and take in the smaller engine factory and staff and cater both side of the playing fields I am sure a phone call or email to the CEO would like to hear from u and Ms Rossi to maybe start off on Consignment builds process just to get back up and Running .
Food for thought seen there close neighbours .

Latest posts

Back