Nitro Winter Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've seen on TV, it was nasty!! Good to hear you're OK, no word from Randy yet. I'll call ya later.

Big thanks to the Tampa Model boat club and the tireless Brandon Model Boaters for their massive efforts to get this race going and completed . The weather was a major challenge with gale force winds and driving rain at times but these guys and gals kept the Machine rolling and got 3 rounds of great heat racing done and on to the final Show !! The enthusiasm was there and never ended from beginning to end . All our overseas guests from Australia and Germany along with the Alaskans and travelers from St Louis , Indiana , Canada, Georgia , Tennesee etc really came to race and add a different dimension to the race . I had a great time and even though it wasn't my weekend for finishes I had an amazing time and I will never forget this weekend THANKS !!

Oh , and Buckshot took me to school in turn one in Twin Nitro Rigger Heat 3 and all I can say is a job well done !!

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a great time... Hats off to the Tampa club and everyone else that makes this thing go... the best competition I've seen at a race in a long time we will be back next year no doubt!

Sam & Ray

This was a great fun race! Thanks to all those who worked to put this event on, all the sponsors and vendors who donated prizes, and everyone who helped me out at the event!
default_biggrin.png

I enjoyed meeting, talking and racing with many model boaters I have only seen here on IW!

I can't take the credit for my modified JAE21, thanks to the work of Kentley Porter, Aaron Alberico, Martin Truex, Rodney Pierce.

Hopefully I can come over and race again!

Many thanks to the Brandon & Tampa model boat clubs in their combined efforts to provide us with a weekend of fun filled racing and comradery with those of like passion. Will be looking forward to the next one. It was a real pleasure to have met and conversed with some of our friends that visited from different parts of the world, way cool. Hope to see more of you guys.

Thank you, to all that came to race, the weather was crazy but like Florida just wait 15 minutes it will change, and it did.

Thanks to the Brandon & Tampa club I think we put on an incredible race and hope everyone enjoyed the Friendship,Fellowship,the Facility,& the Food. Thank you to the Lady's that did all the cooking.

Thank you Mike Culhane for CD the event, Thank you to Tommy, Sheila,Gene, Bob,Ron Drake,& John O. for the hard work setting up the Pond.

Big Thanks to Ron Shaw for paying it forward with the generous donations, that's real sportsmanship and real leadership.

Hope to see you all next year.

Greg Rowe

We have 2 amazing clubs here with a great passion for RC boat racing and this weekend proved that to all who attended. It's one thing to have all the guys working together but when you have the support of the spouses pitching in, that's what makes it AMAZING!! I can not give enough credit to the men and women that put this event on and what they had to overcome to make this a great event! Also want to THANK all the sponsors and supporters, without you it wouldn't happen. This event has started 2016 off with a BIG BANG!!!
default_biggrin.png

THANK YOU again!!!

RALPH ALMIROLA

What an awesome weekend! It was great seeing the guys from FL again, it's been too long. I enjoyed the race format and hope you guys keep the race the way it is!

Oh , and Buckshot took me to school in turn one in Twin Nitro Rigger Heat 3 and all I can say is a job well done !!
Wish someone had a video of it, I had my eyes closed and didn't see it. Still puckered...... LOL

It was a crazy weekend with some really funny weather that delayed us for a couple hours. We were able to complete the racing very early on Sunday and people could be on their way after trophy presentations.

The water stayed really raceable all the time as this pond is really well protected from the elements. Even had some 30mph winds and it was still flat water.

Both the Brandon Model Boaters and the Tampa Model Boat Clubs worked hard to provide a first class race.

Our sponsors were outstanding in their generosity. We had a great special raffle of 3 engines (CMB 67 from Stu, AA 45 from Al Hobbs and a Nova Rossi 21 DD from Ron Shaw). Everyone was wishing to

win one of those engines.

The racing was OUTSTANDING with top notch competitors in all classes.

Hopefully, this race will be an annual event that will keep on building into one of the premier events in the country.

We are especially happy to have the long traveling competitors from Australia, Germany, Canada, and all parts of the USA including Alaska.

It would be great to see even more competitors coming from outside the USA.

We look forward to next year and will announce the prospective dates early so people can make their plans.

Thanks guys for a great weekend of racing. It has been 20 years since I was in a heat race and I was not expecting too much! I was just hoping to get a little stick time and I did. The SST 40 boat was running great, I was the weak link but I did enjoy the great site and seeing old friends. Now to prepare for the next one.

Congrats to my buddy Sam Bowden on taking first in 40 hydro with his Betke rigger!
Thanks for the boat Rob and for sending me a fuel tank last minute! Also want to thank NovaRossi marine USA for providing the boaters with a great 45 motor I've been running the same glow plug for almost 2 years. It took a lot of work but the boat ran perfect every time it hit the water!! You and your dad need to come to this race next year it truly is an amazing event.

Back