Tommy Cardoso Memorial Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Drake

Brandon Model Boaters of Brandon, FL presents the 1st annual Tommy Cardoso Memorial Race held October 21,22 2023. Brandon Model Boaters is honored to present this event. After talking with Sheila Cardoso about having this event and she agreed to let the Brandon Club hold this event in Tommy's honor. Tommy was a fierce competitor with a great demeanor that everyone loved. He was a great racer and loved the sport very much. Tommy was the past Vise President and President of the Brandon Model Boaters along with his wife Sheila as the Secretary for many years. He was dedicated to the hobby and will be missed very much.
Tommy was the best man at my wedding (Ron Drake) back over 20 years ago and I will truley miss him. Tommy was a great friend, mentor not just a fellow boat racer and I hope he is up there looking down on us with a big smile on his face as he watches this race happen in his honor.
Tommy use to travel to the races with Gene Mongar and boy did they have some races together. Racing to those guys was rubbing and banging boats to see who could cross the finish line first. Gene also states that he misses those days with traveling and racing with Tommy as he was loved by everyone.
John Otto would also like to add that Tommy was a good friend and will be missed by the boat racing community as well. John Otto also mentioned that they were called the 3 Amigos Tommy Cardoso, Gene Mongar, John Otto.
Lets try and make this one of the best races or the best race that the Brandon Model Boaters ever has put on with your participation in this event. So I encourage everyone to get signed up on Rcracingevents.com and ready for some action in October 2023 at the Brandon location.
Tommy you raced many people and have been many places racing boats and will truley be missed. Rest in Peace my Friend.
Brandon Model Boaters.

Just to let everyone know that we have a low boat count right now at this time for this race. If the boat count does not go up that much we will just have a one day event for this race so lets get entered please.
Thanks Ron Drake

Do to D3 engine rules I have split JS and Cracker Box.
Cracker Box will run stock 26 engine, if we don't get the boat count we will combine the class.
sorry for any inconvenience.
Greg Rowe

Fun race in honor of a great guy
It was good to see Sheila at the race . It should be noted she has a nice bench top milling machine and lathe available as well as some tooling for sale all very clean .
Good job Brandon Model Boaters .

Last edited:
Back