NE1 going to Chicago?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

Is anybody heading to the R/C show this coming weekend in Chicago? I see that Peter of Climate is going to be there.

I have a tough decision to make this week. The Street Rod Nationals North is in town this weekend, the D-2 race in Milford ( my boats aren't quite ready), or the trip to the Windy City.

If I don't make it and you do, would you please pick on him for me? ;D Just kiddin', he's alright.

Went to the fights and a NASCAR race broke out!

Hey Ron, thats why were are bringing Dana.

Besides being eye candy, not even Ron has the onions to pick on anyone while she is in the booth. ;D

Hey, if that girl can keep the guys in our shop working all day, answer phones, take orders, put up with our crap, and still find time to go to a show with us scruffy guys, would you pick a fight with her? ;)

Hope to see you there Ron.

Peter

fishing was a little slow this year.... i caught about a 3 lbs small mouth bass.... that was my highlight..... caught about 100 little fish with worms/bobber..... kid fishing as I call it...... that's all that was biting consistently...... the water level was about 2-3 feet low and water temp was a little high..... made fishing with my favorite spinnerbaits almost impossible.... it was still a good time.....

Peter, I would show up to see Dana again, she kept us all in line! Decisions, decisions. About 3,500 Street Rods or the show? If I come, maybe I'll run into Tom also. I would be coming on Saturday.

Tom, you need a Rebel Pop'R lure, medium sized in a bone color, the Smallies and Large mouths both tear it up!

View attachment 593

For those that go and want to meet up, we could do like we did in Toldeo, meet somewhere at a certain time and place like Climate's booth near the "Pond". Anyone that has ever been there knows how big that place is!

BTW, anyone know of the web site for the show?

Is this the show in Rosemont?

Stephens convention center?

I was planning on going, But have to do real boat repairs in mich this weekend. wish i was going.

I just called and the lady said try this one.

www.ihobbyexpo.com

See if that works.

Traffic warning, The skyway is torn up, Certain times they change the lanes for inbound and out bound to 2 lanes, So the other is 1 lane only. Have seen 15 mile back ups, and been in them.

80/94 gets jammed up as well. Moves, but just slow for that strech in ind off the the tollway.

You're giving me second thoughts now. I would be on part of 80/94 but not taking the Skyway. I just go up I-294 and get off right by it.

The last time that I was there, it was still the Rosemont Horizon and it was the RCHTA show.

Wa Wa Waaaa....

Geesh, we are driving over 10 hours just to be there.

A little traffic aint no big deal. The show is so worth it.

Nothing against Toledo, but this show is 4 times the size.

Peter

Im sure you will be going through there early right??

80/94. early is better, Sundays are hell comming back into the city. and I would say 294 is the best.

I hate the skyway, even when its not torn up, and hate going down the dan ryan, and being stoped 2 lanes out to get on 290.

and Rosemont horizon and Stephens Conv are the SAME, they changed names.

: :) Ummm...Be careful!!!

The Rosemont Horizon changed its name to Allstate Arena and is located on Mannheim Rd. The Donald Stephens convention center is located on River Rd. They are not the same place nor are they particularly close to each other.

I just went back into their web site and the Stephens Center is the old Rosemont Horizon! I get lost enough over there. I'm going to Mapquest to check it out again.

Like i said before. There the same.

I know how to get there but not off of 294.

If you need any help, I will do what i can.

**** cant remember the exits, But i think, Not SURE, So dont hold me to it, But i beleive you take the I90 to river rd exit. I really dont know the I90 ****, But i do know you can get on I90 from river rd. Now theres a exit there comming from the south for I90 and 90, You want I90 Ohare east.

I'm sorry, but that information is just not accurate. I drive by both buildings on a regular basis.

Regardless, Just head for the Donald Stephens Convention Center (formerly the Rosemont Convention Center) at 5555 N. River Rd. and you'll be fine.

The Allstate Arena (formerly known as the Rosemont Horizon and Former home of RCHTA) will be empty.

-See you there!

Hey Capn,

What boats do you have, and where do you run?

let me know would ya, Im from Chicago area also.

I live downstate in Champaign now, but lived up there for during the late eighties and nineties. I'm up there most every weekend (lately anyway). I consider myself a converted car guy but I still enjoy going to the local track now and then. I have the luxury of working near a small pond (150yds x 50yds.) that no one ever goes to and that's where I run usually. Boatwise, I started with an electric Kyosho, but now have an Aquacraft AirForce, Nitro Hammer, Fortune 612 Sailboat, HobbyZone Zig-Zag for retrieval, and I am currently working on a big gas vee with a Zenoah 25CC (but I think I'm gonna need a bigger pond).

-Cheers

So, who went? Anything to report? I didn't make it yesterday, health reasons kept me from driving over there.

Latest posts

Back