I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don Ferrette said:
Since we talked about new design "twists" check this............
72118[/snapback]

Hey Don that look's awesome!! :rolleyes: I dont know how he managed

to put it sideways but it looks nice and neat. He has the tank

behind the motor and the pipe outlet going upwards through

the cowl. It looks like an asian boat. Since the last time I wrote,

ive been out several times with my 40 nightmare. I cant believe

the handling of this boat. Im still working on the top speed,

trying to figure out some props. One thing I dont know why

it keeps lifting the left sponsons right out of the water.

(when i first throw the boat in). Then is goes back down

to level. I think the weight out on the sponsons hasnt effected

the way the boat runs. If anything, it has made it a monster

that doesnt want to blow out of the water. Ill keep in touch.

The picture you posted looks like something I would like

to try. :rolleyes: Take care..Nick

I also think this is a good idea. I'm wondering how the engine would go for lubrication. Planes use this mounting style a fair bit but they are low performance engines most of the time and they also don't stay horizontal with the ground. But very good for aero for a rigger. Wow, imagine how hot the tub must get with that exhaust in there, unless it has water cooling which the 2-stroke GP bikes used to keep exhaust gas temp lower as it is supposed to make a stronger pulse in the pipe.

Mark said:
I also think this is a good idea. I'm wondering how the engine would go for lubrication. Planes use this mounting style a fair bit but they are low performance engines most of the time and they also don't stay horizontal with the ground. But very good for aero for a rigger. Wow, imagine how hot the tub must get with that exhaust in there, unless it has water cooling which the 2-stroke GP bikes used to keep exhaust gas temp lower as it is supposed to make a stronger pulse in the pipe.
72156[/snapback]

Your lubrication is your fuel & with airflow of some sort directed towards the pipe I don't think the heat is a big issue. As I mentioned elsewhere a guy in my old club did this about 6 years ago. As for planes being only low performance, go tell that to the combat flyers, control line & pylon racers. They have the engines screaming their a$$es off. :eek:

David Lee ran a modified Crapshooter like this in the Indy Unlimited about 20 years ago. As I remember it ran very very well. However, his tank was still in the front as usual.

Don,

Are you talking about the width adjustment on the sponsons. I don't see any angle adjustment.

Don ;)

Hey guys i dont think the sponson tubes go through the tub! they stop right at the sides.and that is another thing i talked with peter at climate boats about a way to mount the tubes to the tub and tobe adjustable.i designed a bracket that will do the job but till i try it who knows :blink: it seems that the last couple of years the engine size has increased so it's ok to do that with the 21 but going 45 or 67 you will have a bath tub for a tub :lol: plus the pipe will have to go through the radio box :eek: all and all the idea is something to play with Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

I said most of the time, I used to play with planes and the majority are just out for a fly. I would say in the club I was involved in that 3 in 20 had pylon racers and about 1 in 20 had a ducted fan which reved pretty hard as well.

Mark said:
Don,
I said most of the time, I used to play with planes and the majority are just out for a fly.  I would say in the club I was involved in that 3 in 20 had pylon racers and about 1 in 20 had a ducted fan which reved pretty hard as well.

72279[/snapback]

Right. I still think it wouldn't be an issue lubrication wise. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don Templeton said:
David Lee ran a modified Crapshooter like this in the Indy Unlimited about 20 years ago. As I remember it ran very very well. However, his tank was still in the front as usual.
Don,

Are you talking about the width adjustment on the sponsons. I don't see any angle adjustment.

Don  ;)

72169[/snapback]

I believe Marty did build a few of those and I think Bernie and Sue Bathauer have one still. It was a slick little idea.

Back