ML BOATWORKS LASER CUT 1/10th, 1/8th, GAS Scale Wood Unlimited Hydroplane Framing Kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post and all the help you have given Ron. Your time is very valuable, and for you to help me the way you have, it means so much! Talk soon, Mike
Thanks my friend. When I saw your post above about needing a website I almost broke my fingers I was typing the response so fast. The whole time I'm thinking, "I can do that, I can do that.....".....hahahahahahaha. You are a great friend and I am glad some of the volunteer work I have done over the years with websites has given me the abilities to help my friends as well. I also offered my help to Kris Flynn as a full blown website would help him get his great products out there to people much easier as well, and make it easier for them to purchase and for him to track.

best of luck Mike...... ;) BTW, I just went to your site and I was the 1000th visitor.....wow that was fast!!!! I copied and pasted below.........

Visitor: 1,000

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Just thought I would share my experience. A few weeks ago I started the ordering process with Mike for a couple of 1/8th scale kits. After some very helpful advice, an order was decided upon. With Mike only wanting the best, latest for each customer, some of the kits received a very much appreciated update. Once this was completed, plans were forwarded to the laser guy to get cutting. Now from what I understand, this order was one of the first to be shipped direct from the laser cutter, over here to Australia, without any size reduction alterations done to framing members. The box was 48" long from what I understand, postage, when you consider the size of the box, very well priced. One other difference from the normal practice was that all pieces were left in the original cutting sheet with breakaway tabs for easy removal of pieces, for me, this was a massive positive as there is little to no risk of warping/bending during transportation plus storage is a whole lot easier and you know where every part is. For a package the size that this was, it arrived in excellent condition, it didn't look like it had traveled half way around the world. Now I don't have to tell those that have 1 of these kits what the quality / workmanship is like, it is outstanding. Upon opening the box, it was fantastic to see that there was not one mark anywhere on any of the panels as a result of damage whilst in transit, i have been over all sheets thoroughly and there are no marks, breaks anywhere that shouldn't be there, not even a scuff mark, they look like they have just come off the cutter. For anyone with reservations about buying one of these kits from overseas, I have no hesitation at all in recommending using this process. If anyone has any questions about it, I am more than happy to answer them and put your fears at ease. Obviously this is based on my experiences but I can not see why it would be different for anyone else. Thank you Mike for your time, assistance, workmanship, I am one very very happy customer. Now to get in and start putting them together.

Looks like ml-boatworks.com just went global!!!!...... ;) Congrats Mike!!!!

Thanks Ron. There is a good group of guys in AU. They have been very supportive. Had a lot of overseas orders recently. Been kinda cool meeting new people around the world! Mike

OH, the 1/10th scale Hawaii Kai 103- 5608 and the 1/10th scale Oberto-Miss Eagle Electric 106- 6207 are now both done. Mike

This is my boat built from Mike's kit and I must say I have built a few timber hulls and this one went together flawlessly.

This boat ran perfect right out of the "box" and is getting faster all the time with just prop changes.

The boat is electric and runs 10S1P, Neu 1527 1.5Y and X450 prop.

There are two other Kits been built in New Zealand at the moment that I know of and all thanks to Mike for a great idea of doing these boats in kit-form. THANKS MIKE!

Here are a couple of photos and a video of its first run after been painted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl0ASAeZp3k

110_3689a.jpg

110_3688.jpg

Thanks so much for the kind words. I think your Peters and May turned out incredible! Keep us posted when you get some numbers on speeds you think its doing. Mike

I am going to be modifying the t6 1/8th scale in the coming week or two, and the 1/10th scale will then be drawn too. Stay tuned! Mike

Mike, Do you have anything to fit the NAMBA Classic Thunderboat class- Min. length 48", Min width 24"??

Thanks,

Glenn

Funny you asked Glenn. David Newton contacted me a few days ago about taking the 102 set and completely redoing it to fit Namba thunderboat. I have actually scaled up the plans to 50", and when I get time will begin adjusting the boat to 24" wide. We are going to make sponson changes and add a belly pan as well. If I get enough interest, I want to sheet one up so I can offer a sheeting kit with the frames. I am thinking the cowling Joe at zippkits has might be a good fit as well. I want to discuss that with Joe and see if he would have a problem selling those cowls separately as I just don't have the means to make my own. I will keep you posted. If anyone else has interest in this, speak up! Thanks, Mike

Put me down for #1 I can provide the Zipp cowl.

Thanks,

Glenn

8255 came today box was opened but its all there cant wait to get her put together

Glad all the parts were there! I don't know why the postal service feels the need to open up peoples stuff. Have fun and share pics! Mike

Glad all the parts were there! I don't know why the postal service feels the need to open up peoples stuff. Have fun and share pics! Mike
Simple reason ...

With all that has gone on in the world we are all being looked at as threats to each other. This is due to the few bad seeds in the world and natural paranoia assosiated with it.

black friday sale is almost over and there is no t-6 1/10scale kit to buy.

too bad :(

Anyone on my drawing list, including yourself, will get the sale price, so please do not worry about that. I have so many to draw, with the holidays, it was unrealistic to get all of it done. Anyone that requested a kit, I have a full list with your names. That list is about 30 drawings long. Please hang tight, I have not forgotten!

MIke,

My '94 T-4 frame kit arrived today via FEDEX. I am blown away by the quality of this kit. Hat's off to you!

Now to find a rudder to fit that skinny transom.... :blink:

Thanks for your hard work!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back