ML BOATWORKS LASER CUT 1/10th, 1/8th, GAS Scale Wood Unlimited Hydroplane Framing Kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted everyone to know, I finished a couple more kit designs that have been lingering for around a year! Now available in 1/8th scale for now, are:

1)173-A, 8700, \'97 Close Call

2)109-A-D, 7402, 7455, \'74 Miss US, \'74-75 Lincoln Thrift, \'78 U-65 Squire Shop

Thanks, Mike

Just wanted everyone to know, I finished a couple more kit designs that have been lingering for around a year! Now available in 1/8th scale for now, are:

1)173-A, 8700, \'97 Close Call

2)109-A-D, 7402, 7455, \'74 Miss US, \'74-75 Lincoln Thrift, \'78 U-65 Squire Shop

Thanks, Mike
Isnt that 109 the pickle fork boat? I want to order a gas one if you have it done. i have plans for the cowl in gas size done.

Yup, its the pickle Lincoln. I still had you on my list for the gas version of this frame, so I hope to get that done soon! Getting the 1/8th scale done was the first step. Glad to see you are still interested in the gas version! Does this mean you will be doing a cowling?????? :) Talk soon Phil, Thanks, Mike

Yup, its the pickle Lincoln. I still had you on my list for the gas version of this frame, so I hope to get that done soon! Getting the 1/8th scale done was the first step. Glad to see you are still interested in the gas version! Does this mean you will be doing a cowling?????? :) Talk soon Phil, Thanks, Mike
Yea Ihad made some drawings of the cowl profile in the gas size. Let me know when to send some money.

Sounds good! Let me get the gas size drawn up and we will go from there!

Are you still needing this, I know you picked up the 8806. Let me know, Mike

1/10th scale and 1/8th scale sections of my website now have pics of boats that fit each frame catagory. Hopefully this will help people see what they are getting. I will update the gas scale section soon. Mike

103, mhr 5608 Gas scale kit is now done. This makes boats like the Hawaii Kai III and many others. Mike

I also noticed the 135, mhr 8410 gas scale kit that makes the '85-86 7-Eleven, and he '84 Tosti Asti was not on the website..it is now added. Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE ON NEW KITS AND MISC CHANGES:

1) 155, 8806, '88 Holset Madison kit is now finished in 1/8th scale. This kit has the strut pulpit and the tapered non trips that the 176, 8806 did not have after the redesign of the fullsize hull. This i really nice kit and makes an awesome boat!

2) The 135-A, 8025 '80 Pak Turbine kit has been redone with center section changes, sponsons and non trips cleaned up, toy tabs added.

3) The 123, 7701 '77 Atlas Van Lines "Munceys Last Ride" has been updated with sponson corrections and center section changes.

4) I have been going threw all my 1/8th scale kits to update them to my most updated design criteria, and I am happy to say, that all of my current 1/8th scale kits besides the 110, 6925, 'Pay N' Pak Outrigger and the 166, 9601, T5 Bud kits have been updated as far as I plan to take them. I will finish the 166 T5 update soon, and be doing a FULL redesign of the 110 Pak Outrigger in the coming months. Some of the 1/10th scale and GAS scale kits that need change to match the 1/8th scale changes that were made. Those will also be done soon. I also have about 10-15 more plan sets to add to the collection. I will be working on those in the very near future (next 2-3 months)

5) I also have various 1/5th, 1/6th and 1/7th scale kits that I will be adding to the website soon. They are completed kits that were special ordered, so I might as well offer them.

6) The Lauterbach GP series hull should be ready as a frame kit soon. I am nearing the end of a 60+ hour design. This kit will eventually have full sheeting, and I am going to make a cowling to fit. This kit will also be changed to work as the Unlimited class Lauterbach hull once a transom narrowing change is made.

7) Lastly, I am proud to announce a few specialty kits I am calling the "Extreme Series" kits. These are kits that I have designed like my GP sport hydro kits...3 piece design (sponsons/ non trips build separate from center section on flat board), these kits incorporate mostly 1/16" material for lighter weight, an integrated center section with toy tabbed crossmembers that lock into the floor, front nosing area has been shaped and fitted to match RC Boat Companys cowlings perfectly, and an integrated front canard wing with grenade pin style locking plate that mounts inside the engine well where canard slides through. I have a LOT of hours in these few kits and they show it. Over the next month, I will be building the 158, '8401 with jones sponsons ('93 Circus backup/ '94 Exide conventional deck hull), a friend will be building the 171, 9516 '99 Elam, both in 1/8th scale. Those two kits are designed, and ready. I am currently also working on the 1/8th scale 150, 8710, '89 Winston Eagle conventional, Cellular one, etc. kit and will be building that hull for myself. These kits will probably turn some heads as they should be incredibly light, and strong, and the cowl to hull fitment out of the box should be wonderfull. I will post a jpg image of the '93 Circus/'94 Exide 8401 kit soon.

I think that concludes the updates for now. Expect more kits very shortly! Thanks for reading! Mike, ML Boatworks, www.ml-boatworks.com

1/10th scale 158 Newton, 8700/ 8401 Jones Sponsons kit is now available in both clockwise and counterclockwise configurations. THanks, Mike

Well, I finally started building 171-H gas scale and realized its cut with an offset center section. I'm going to have to make a few new frames and cuts to get it centered.

Glenn, how many frames are affected? I might be able to get you some centered crossmembers cut. I was just finishing up the 171 extreme series kit, and was told by Mike Becke that two versions of the 171 existed. I had the plans for the offset hull. Let me know if you need my help. Mike

As mentioned earlier in this thread, more frames are being done every day, and I am branching off and doing some Extreme Series 1/8th scale kits that include some extras, deeper design thoughts, a guaranteed proper cowling fitment with RC Boat Company cowlings (proper width, deck curvature, and cockpit curvature), custom center section pans that are toy tabbed to the crossmembers for a perfect square fitment. Each extreme kit may have its own little nitch that makes it a better kit, but all the extreme series kits are built for maximum build quality, maximum squareness, weight reduction, etc.

-1/10th scale 7701 now available ( Blue Blaster Atlas Van Lines)- standard kit

-1/8th scale 8721 U-21 Eliminator now available- This is an Extreme Series kit (includes toy tabed floor pan and 3 piece design)

-1/8th scale 171, 9299, 9516, etc- This Extreme series kit is now available as an offset hull for boats like the Elam, and a centered engine well hull for the others!

-1/8th scale Extreme Series T6 Bud/ Modern hulls like the 2012 Spirit of Qatar/ 2012 Oberto, etc. now available. This kit comes with a fully modified engine well that is the exact correct width to work with the RC Boatcompany cowling, and floor pan that is toy tabbed and has the proper curvature for the cockpit. It also comes with a front canard plate, front canard spar, rear shoe outline is put into the sponson keelson plate, it comes with a jig to help properly shape the cockpit area while you glue it...and many other changes over the normal T6 frame kit. See the pics below!

Mike

20130116_184648 (Large).jpg

20130116_184654 (Large).jpg

20130116_184703 (Large).jpg

20130116_184710 (Large).jpg

20130116_184717 (Large).jpg

20130116_184726 (Large).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back