ML BOATWORKS LASER CUT 1/10th, 1/8th, GAS Scale Wood Unlimited Hydroplane Framing Kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
ML Boatworks,
Wood laser cut scale unlimited hydroplane framing kits for over 100 different hulls. These are available in 1/10th (clockwise and counterclockwise), 1/8th, Gas as base sizes and any other size can be custom requested, such as 1/7th scale for the big FE setups in the NW. These kits start out based on the Newton drawings with improvements being made to ensure correct fitment of every frame, crossing point, and many modifications to all aspects or ride surfaces, hydrodynamics, and aerodynamics. Many of the mods have been reviewed and changes made by many of the countries top racers to ensure your build will be ready for todays racing requirements. Custom modifications can be made if requested if you have a technique you feel will benefit the kit of your choice. The basic frames make a variety of different boats based on the master hull roster #'s. If you are uncertain of a particular hull, please ask, or view the master hull roster and see if the kit you are needing is one of the hulls I have done. The named
hulls below are just a sample to what some of the kits make! Kits do vary in price depending on the complexity, so please ask here, PM, email at [email protected], or call Mike @ (252) 717-6282

Check out the available kit list at my website, www.ml-boatworks.comUNTIL LATE OCTOBER 2013

STARTING IN A MONTH OR SO A BRAND NEW, FULL FUNCTIONING TOP END WEBSITE WILL BE UP AND RUNNING. THIS IS BEING BUILT BY A PROFESSIONAL AND SHOULD STREAMLINE YOUR SHOPPING EXPERIENCE!

www.mlboatworksrc.com

9/2/13----It is with sad news that I am letting everyone know that as soon as I can, I am going to delete my intlwaters account tonight. I appreciate all of your support over the years, but I have got to get away from intlwaters. I will continue with ML Boatworks, but new designs are being halted. I have been taking on a lot of new designs, and overdoing it. I think mentally, it has me frustrated, it has me lashing out at things, and unfortunately, intlwaters has been the hotbed for that. I have to put a stop to this as things are not fun like they were. I am partly to blame, and I take that responsibility. For that, to my friends who have watched some of the lashing out, I apologize. The new website will be where you will find my current offerings...hopefully mid October, and I have enjoyed OSE since joining, so I am going to do things there. If you need a kit, do not hesitate to email me at [email protected], or visit the website, and as always, I enjoy the phone conversations. I am still available for help, weather its with one of my kits or not..just like its always been. Thanks again to my IW friends, and customers. Take care. Mike Luszcz

Last edited by a moderator:
A few pics of what a kit looks like:

execframing.jpg

IMGP1629Large.jpg

1/16th Scale Miss Thriftway:

IMGP1705.jpg

1/8th scale 8255 Executone Framing (Build thread in the hydro forum:

IMGP1709.jpg

IMGP1744Large.jpg

What a great idea.this is awesome.this is what the class needs is ready too build boats like this for the ones that love to build.Great job keep it up.Shann

I have one of these frame kits and all I could say after opening the package was WOW. Everything fits like a glove. :) :)

Bob

'90 Bud plans now done. Spent some time this morning finishing them up. Mike

90 bud is done that's great I'll pm you later. I definitly want to get some of those, My favorite Bud boat.

after your done with the 90 miss bud,the next one you should do is the T-6 hull..That will be a hot ticket hull kit.. I would like to get that from you.

If you're planning on making an Oberto out of the T-6 kit, the hull is totally different. The Oberto and U-21 are based on the T-5 with some U-16 thrown in according to Mike Hanson. That means the T-6 is further off than the T-5 would be and I can see how far off the T-5 plans are just from looking at the T-5 frame sheet and pictures I took of the Oberto outisde of the Oberto plant in Kent Washington. I found that when I started to lay out parts for an Oberto, the sides from the sponson transom to the back of the boat are totally different along with the deckline where the sponson blends into the deck so I stopped until I can get actual dimensions off the boat.

Mike, I'll be doing some measuring on the Oberto after the fleet hits Seattle for SeaFair and see just how far off the plans really are and I'll get back to you as soon as I can with the corrections an Oberto kit will need. I figure you'll need to make a kit for the U-6/21 in the near future as well
Ok then it would be the T-5 hull then.

I've got two questions for you:

Which Bud hull did you do, T-2 or T-3

How wide is the engine bay?

The reason I ask is that the two hulls had some differences and in scale racing, it is possible to have a T-2 racing against a nearly identical T-3

As for engine bay width, 5" is the standard and most cowlings are designed to fit a 5" bay

All I know is its hull 8701 87-91 bud. It has the 5" engine bay. I just don't know the differences between the hulls since I have never seen them in person or up close! Mike

Mike, this looks awesome! How big is a 1/16th scale boat (approx dims OK). I am looking for something new for a Sport .12.

Thanks,

Glenn
Glenn, the 1/16th scale boats are exactly half the size of the 1/8th scale boats, so the length is going to be around 21.5" and 10-11" wide off hand. Not sure what size hulls are needed to run a .12, but I guess that might be close? Thanks, Mike

If you're planning on making an Oberto out of the T-6 kit, the hull is totally different. The Oberto and U-21 are based on the T-5 with some U-16 thrown in according to Mike Hanson. That means the T-6 is further off than the T-5 would be and I can see how far off the T-5 plans are just from looking at the T-5 frame sheet and pictures I took of the Oberto outisde of the Oberto plant in Kent Washington. I found that when I started to lay out parts for an Oberto, the sides from the sponson transom to the back of the boat are totally different along with the deckline where the sponson blends into the deck so I stopped until I can get actual dimensions off the boat.

Mike, I'll be doing some measuring on the Oberto after the fleet hits Seattle for SeaFair and see just how far off the plans really are and I'll get back to you as soon as I can with the corrections an Oberto kit will need. I figure you'll need to make a kit for the U-6/21 in the near future as well

I have the set that says T3, T5, T6. I have not looked at them closely, but I am guessing it can be used as a base for all three Bud boats. I also noticed, the framing plans are the same with that set as the Vacationville.com, exactly the same. Just let me know know about the oberto stuff. Sounds like we need to put our heads together to do these variences and get them spot on. Mike

Also, I have some good news for all. I was contacted last night by David Newton. I must admit, I was scared at first, but once we talked back and forth on some emails, I realize and I think he does too, that we both have the same goals with there laser cut kits. Apparently Roger and David both saw doing CAD and laser cut framing kits as something they wanted to make a goal doing, but unfortunately that did not get to fruition. All I can say, and I told him this, is I hope I can be a part of it and that maybe we can work together to fulfill this goal. To me, this is huge, and I really really hope big things will come soon and we can offer everyone whatever boat they might want! Keep your fingers crossed! Mike

Have you considered making the CAD cutting sheets available to purchase, for people outside of the US who have access to laser cutting locally?

The biggest problem with 1/8 scale here in Australia, is the frightening cost of shipping anything large like a 1/8 scale hydroplane hull from the US.

Tim, Laser kits can be shipped to Australia for a reasonable price. I take them out of the sheet so they can be fit in a smaller box. I'm sorry, but I have no plans to sell off the CAD files!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back