ML BOATWORKS LASER CUT 1/10th, 1/8th, GAS Scale Wood Unlimited Hydroplane Framing Kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 83-84 Renault kit is now available in 1/10th scale, clockwise and counterclockwise. Thanks,Mike

Hey Mike,

For the 1/10th scale boats, where would you recommend getting the wings and cowlings? I know for the 1/8th scales there are a number or places (RCBoatcompany, SteveMuck, etc). Any chance you would consider extending your summer sale in the near future? Thanks.

One other question. Most of the 1/10th scale fast electric clubs in my area run a counter-clockwise course just like the full scale hydros. Do your 1/10th scale kits account for this in terms of hull symmetry? Newton plans are based on a clockwise course which is a mirror image of the full scale hulls. Thanks.

Disregard my last post. Did some more reading and it appears you offer them in both clockwise and counter. Thanks.

Hi Ken,

The 1/10th scale cowlings, people do have. It would depend on which hull you need, but I have sources in Washington state that can find a cowling like a bloodhound. Yep, I offer the 1/10th scales in both directions, mainly as the Pacific NW is one of the few that runs counterclockwise, so people need both versions! There will be another sale, but not till the holidays. I am sure we can work something out, PM me what you are looking to get. I don't even know why I do a sale, I give in almost every time! haha. Thanks, Mike

Just did an extensive list update. More kits being worked on everyday. If you need a kit, or have a special request, now is the time to ask before building season gets to far underway! Mike

Hey Juergen, I am getting ready to do a full sponson redesign on the T6 (I am not at my computer but I think the 0001 was the T6) and I may try and get the 1/10th scale done as well, Mike

Hey Juergen,

Thanks for the info on the 1/10th scale cowls. I just ordered the 1/8th scale 8701 hull kit from Mike and will be building that next. Partially decided to go with the 1/8 scale as the cowls and wings for these boats are more readily available then the 1/10th scales. However, I will definitely revist the 1/10th scale now that I know there is a good source for cowls. I've seen the Classic Thunder webpage before. Very cool. I'm in the great Pacific Northwest myself. May swing down to Coulon park in Renton when they startup again next year. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mike, I'm holding out for that new redesign on the T6. Let me know when its ready. What changes exactly are you making to the sponsons. Cheers!

Ken

nice to hear that.

This is great mike,

mark me for two of this kits of the MHR 0001 T-6 1/10 scale when there are available !

Juergen

I will keep you guys updated. I am building a replica of the U-3 Jeep Chrysler from one of the head guys on the full size race team, so I will be going threw that kit to make it even better. Its already one of my most detailed frames, but I want the owner of the real thing happy! Pretty cool when you build boats for the full size owners! Mike

Also, for those of you that don't know, I lost my day job a couple months ago. After a couple months of part time work helping other engineering firms, that has kind of died out. I have decided to pursue making kits and boat builds work as my day income for the time being, or if it seems self sustaining, long term. If the economy gets better, and a full time job comes along I will just have to see how thing look and decide directions then. What I am getting at, if anyone needs a boat framed up, framed and skinned, or full on builds, or even if you need paintwork for a scale you just built, feel free to ask. I can build tunnels, scales, sport hydros, whatever you need! Thanks, Mike (252) 717-6282

Hey Mike,

I would love to see you go full time with this business. I think there is a definite nitch for what your are doing. Perhaps get a website to increase advertising. I see mlboatworks.net is available for registration. You should post prices for scale builds and paint jobs, etc. I'll do my best to support your efforts :) Cheers!

Ken

I am actually working on doing a full website. I am actually already registered with www.mlboatworksrc.com. Just need a good website done.

I am actually working on doing a full website. I am actually already registered with www.mlboatworksrc.com. Just need a good website done.
Mike,

I can build your website. I will send you a PM.

Ron you did a great job on the site. hats off to you and mike.

hope u kept the hair out of you eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

see u in the spring at the races.

Ron you did a great job on the site. hats off to you and mike.

hope u kept the hair out of you eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

see u in the spring at the races.
Thank William!!!.... ;) Something I learned how to do as a way to help the schools my daughters attend(ed), and enjoy helping someone like Mike Luszcz. He provides very high quality laser kits and if you get on his schedule, he builds an awesome boat!!!! The new site under construction is:

http://www.ml-boatworks.com

BTW......you are never letting me forget the hair do on the old pic I posted are you????......hahaha.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post and all the help you have given Ron. Your time is very valuable, and for you to help me the way you have, it means so much! Talk soon, Mike

Hi all. Just thought I would share my experience. A few weeks ago I started the ordering process with Mike for a couple of 1/8th scale kits. After some very helpful advice, an order was decided upon. With Mike only wanting the best, latest for each customer, some of the kits received a very much appreciated update. Once this was completed, plans were forwarded to the laser guy to get cutting. Now from what I understand, this order was one of the first to be shipped direct from the laser cutter, over here to Australia, without any size reduction alterations done to framing members. The box was 48" long from what I understand, postage, when you consider the size of the box, very well priced. One other difference from the normal practice was that all pieces were left in the original cutting sheet with breakaway tabs for easy removal of pieces, for me, this was a massive positive as there is little to no risk of warping/bending during transportation plus storage is a whole lot easier and you know where every part is. For a package the size that this was, it arrived in excellent condition, it didn't look like it had traveled half way around the world. Now I don't have to tell those that have 1 of these kits what the quality / workmanship is like, it is outstanding. Upon opening the box, it was fantastic to see that there was not one mark anywhere on any of the panels as a result of damage whilst in transit, i have been over all sheets thoroughly and there are no marks, breaks anywhere that shouldn't be there, not even a scuff mark, they look like they have just come off the cutter. For anyone with reservations about buying one of these kits from overseas, I have no hesitation at all in recommending using this process. If anyone has any questions about it, I am more than happy to answer them and put your fears at ease. Obviously this is based on my experiences but I can not see why it would be different for anyone else. Thank you Mike for your time, assistance, workmanship, I am one very very happy customer. Now to get in and start putting them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back