Miss Vegas Super MOD Build Project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It maybe still a vegas , but I will bet it will spank your 1000.00 sport 20...lol, I have a miss vegas, pretty much stock with a OS .18 cvr-m mac .21 pipe, The local club had no problem letting me run it in the sport 20 class, but at the end of the day, all of a sudden I am illegal the strut is not where it should be, ect.... it was no problem till it was the fastes boat in it's class..lol

i got a 1000.00 in my vegas and sure hope it keeps up with the sport 20's , sucks they pulled that on ya but most would say rules are rules, get your strut under the hull and show em up, then what can they do !!

I have my MV set up as a sport 20 and it really scoots....... :D :D :D just had some sponson mods put on and going to the pond this weekend to see how she really does..... B) B) B)

001.JPG

003.JPG

002.JPG

Guppy, what was your thinking behind the sponson mods you made that are shown in 001.jpg? Looks like you wanted a flatter surface?? I'm curious as to your thinking tho it isnt a direction I would have taken. Nice build thread tho.

todd hollander

Well Travis, when do we get to see the final product run? I'd be glad to be the Pitman for you.

It maybe still a vegas , but I will bet it will spank your 1000.00 sport 20...lol, I have a miss vegas, pretty much stock with a OS .18 cvr-m mac .21 pipe, The local club had no problem letting me run it in the sport 20 class, but at the end of the day, all of a sudden I am illegal the strut is not where it should be, ect.... it was no problem till it was the fastes boat in it's class..lol
If you are racing an IMPBA event, the strut can be mounted on the transom or under the transom. Some one needs to pull out the IMPBA rulebook and show the CDs the strut rule for 20 Sport Hydro.

JD

Hey Todd thanks for the comment, The mods are the same as a friend of mines, he has them on his Vegas and it almost rides like a rigger with the mods done that way. I'll try to get some pics of the bottom so you can see more how they are done. Also will try to get some vids of it tomorrow.

:D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Travis, when do we get to see the final product run? I'd be glad to be the Pitman for you.
I'm hoping sooner than later. I still have to work out my graphics design and get my engine modded. It'll probably be a few more weeks.

hey todd I have a good video on YouTube. With the mods that are pictured.....she's a screamin'

Todd,

here's some better pics of the sponson mods I'm using and if you have some doubts on them, hit up Dunlap and ask his opinion

He was there last weekend and watched it run.

001-11.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-25.jpg

004-18.jpg

Oh and HEY Travis, did you get a chance to check out YouTube?????

its under GUPPY1968

Thanks for the pics... now that I can see the bottom side, I understand where you were going and what you were trying to achieve. Also checked out your video... NICE. I'm also jealous that you get to run with Jerry Dunlap! :angry: Best wishes.

LOL thanks Todd,

I try to run with him when I'm not busy and he's at the pond longer than 30 mins...........hint hint Jerry........LOL just kidding

I like it when he's there give me some insentive to run a lil harder

Oh and HEY Travis, did you get a chance to check out YouTube?????its under GUPPY1968
Yeah, I saw the video. It looks good. With all this talk about sponson mods I've started to put together a little something to try out on my build. It was suggested a while back but I didn't put much thought into it. I think i've got a good idea to make it a very simple mod. I'll post a few picks later on.

LOL thanks Todd,I try to run with him when I'm not busy and he's at the pond longer than 30 mins...........hint hint Jerry........LOL just kidding

Well, it was a productive 30 minutes: 1. Got your dad's 7.5 K&B running, 2. Helped Dustin with his Kneeler, 3. Saw your boat run, and 4. Got the "H" out of there before the rain really started coming down. :lol:

JD

LOL thanks Todd,I try to run with him when I'm not busy and he's at the pond longer than 30 mins...........hint hint Jerry........LOL just kidding

The Fast Video. is this the OS TZ .18 with the mods on the sponsons ?

LOL everyone left when the rain came down except for Nick and I.....we toughed it out......well kinda........it was still raining for the video but after that we hauled tail too....

its not an 18 at all Richard.....its a 21vzm turning a x640 and cooper pipe and 45% nitro.

Todd,here's some better pics of the sponson mods I'm using and if you have some doubts on them, hit up Dunlap and ask his opinion

He was there last weekend and watched it run.

001-11.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-25.jpg

004-18.jpg

Oh and HEY Travis, did you get a chance to check out YouTube?????

its under GUPPY1968
Looks awesome

Here's my first shot at some sponson mods for my MV. I went with a design that I know works on other boats. Not sure what it'll do on a vegas but I'm hoping it'll make it handle more like my fast boats.

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back