MIKE LARSON RAFFLE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To all,

I just spoke with Mike. He called me while they are in the house now looking the house over. Things are getting worse it seems. His house is a total loss and the foundation has collapsed so the structure has been weakened beyond the ability to save it. A bulldozer will hit it. Marty Slater loaned him a small trailer and it is half full with things that can be salvaged. All of their worldy posessions are in a half full trailer!

No place to live yet, no FEMA trailers or assistance to be seen. No apartments or rentals available yet. Shelly's mother is even worse off with all a total loss and nothing to be saved.

The despair and frustration is deep with them and many others that are in the same situation. That is most understandable. I asked Mike for a list of items that they can use as many have suggested and they will compile it and let me know. I will pass it on to all. Money is very badly needed. When the very few options are potentially possible, they are getting hit with deposit requirements for apartments, trailers etc., and since they don't have it they are turned away.

The funds collected so far need to be given to them now so their most basic needs, including shelter, can be obtained. Mike has asked me to thank all of those that have contributed to this effort and will be forever grateful. PLEASE continue this and give more than already done and release the funds!!

Hey Mike....Being a fellow disaster victim I can sympathize with you. In a situation like yours, patience is a virtue. Nothing is going to happen quickly. I realize that is a hard pill to swallow but it is a fact. One thing to be thankful for, if there is such a thing, is that the water was fresh water. In my case the water was salt water and it was three and a half weeks before they let us back into the city. Anything electronic was junk. Anything aluminum was a giant ball of corrosion. It was amazing how fast everything corroded. Even plastic stuff was permanently stained. Keep the faith baby! Your family is alive and that is ALL that matters. Everything will work out. I thought I had a thick skin but crying came real easy. You just have to believe that it will all work out. Let us know what you need in the way of supplies. God bless you and your family!! Jim Fullmer

To all,
I just spoke with Mike. He called me while they are in the house now looking the house over. Things are getting worse it seems. His house is a total loss and the foundation has collapsed so the structure has been weakened beyond the ability to save it. A bulldozer will hit it. Marty Slater loaned him a small trailer and it is half full with things that can be salvaged. All of their worldy posessions are in a half full trailer!

No place to live yet, no FEMA trailers or assistance to be seen. No apartments or rentals available yet. Shelly's mother is even worse off with all a total loss and nothing to be saved.

The despair and frustration is deep with them and many others that are in the same situation. That is most understandable. I asked Mike for a list of items that they can use as many have suggested and they will compile it and let me know. I will pass it on to all. Money is very badly needed. When the very few options are potentially possible, they are getting hit with deposit requirements for apartments, trailers etc., and since they don't have it they are turned away.

The funds collected so far need to be given to them now so their most basic needs, including shelter, can be obtained. Mike has asked me to thank all of those that have contributed to this effort and will be forever grateful. PLEASE continue this and give more than already done and release the funds!!
john i already was a step ahead of ya man, i released all the funds to my account last night , i figured this is the easiest way to go , so i should have it in there by fri i hope for them, so i will be taking a short jaunt to cr to hand deliver the cash to them , we are looking at a total in the4 neighborhood of 1400.00 so far and some more came oin today i see, so we will keep doing it like that i guess, and agian thanks to all that have the kindness in their hearts to help out and derek if you need anything at all do not hesitate to call me man, later all, i will keep you posted.

terry

To all,

john i already was a step ahead of ya man, i released all the funds to my account last night , i figured this is the easiest way to go , so i should have it in there by fri i hope for them, so i will be taking a short jaunt to cr to hand deliver the cash to them , we are looking at a total in the4 neighborhood of 1400.00 so far and some more came oin today i see, so we will keep doing it like that i guess, and agian thanks to all that have the kindness in their hearts to help out and derek if you need anything at all do not hesitate to call me man, later all, i will keep you posted.

terry
just another thing, i do not see any members from our club besides mark and bruce , and of course steve and chris as well.. doing stuff, cmon guys lets get it together and help out.. it is only 25.00 and well itll make you feel good too. , lets see if we can get another 1400.00 or so by friday , thatll help out bigtime finding base of operations for the larson's . and mike if you still need the kids car man, come and get it brother, it is yers to use for the time being. later all.

terry

To all,

terry
just another thing, i do not see any members from our club besides mark and bruce , and of course steve and chris as well.. doing stuff, cmon guys lets get it together and help out.. it is only 25.00 and well itll make you feel good too. , lets see if we can get another 1400.00 or so by friday , thatll help out bigtime finding base of operations for the larson's . and mike if you still need the kids car man, come and get it brother, it is yers to use for the time being. later all.

terry

Terry,

This is great. Call him about the vehicle. He can't get on this site much to see your offer and most likely will miss it. He still does not have anything firm from the car insurance co. yet and may still be some time for it to be settled. Permanent lodging is the most critical need now for them and then furnishings for the new place. Really hope that some local people there can help them out on that aspect.

John

Check will be on it's way to Iowa tomorrow. Watching that terrible disaster on tv is really disheartening. Makes me really appreciate this dreary, soggy, damp Northwest.

JD

Check will be on it's way to Iowa tomorrow. Watching that terrible disaster on tv is really disheartening. Makes me really appreciate this dreary, soggy, damp Northwest.
JD
thanks jd, you are exactly right , i live less than a hour from mike and we got nothing where we are at, i do not want to go through it like i did in 1993 but , i cannot understand why a nice guy like mike has to go through this , all i know is i keep my faith everyday in my lord and savior jesus christ and i am ok man.. you all are great , and john you are correct , and i am always in contact with mike and he will be alright.. sometimes i think we get a good knoockdown to see what kinda person we are, and mike will rebound like a superball .. later guys

terminator

Saw Mike this evening, seemed to be fairing fairly well. Wish I had more to give him than a pair of boots and a pair of tennis shoes that were riding around in the back of my truck. He mentioned that his phone only held the numbers of the last ten calls and that sometimes he had to wait until some of you guys called to get your number written down so he would have it, it might be nice for thoes of you that he calls, if you would PM him with your phone number so the next time he is online he can get them written down. Every little bit helps. He also said he had finally found an apartment and will be moving in July first. We have some clothes for him, and the local Gander Mountain outdoor store has committed large supplies of blankets, batteries, clothes, shoes, and many other things to the relief effort. My father works for a company whose owner sits on the board of directors for Gander Mountain, so I will be heading to the wharehouse tomorrow after work to hand pick some things for Mike and Shelly.

We drove around Mike's neighborhood this evening (as we have not yet been allowed back into our own) only blocks from our own house and I cannot explain to you the devastation that we felt and also saw on the faces of all the people clearing their life's posession onto the soggy streets to be hauled away. Through this ordeal we have come to realize what a great support system we have and how lucky we truly are. I can promise you that Mike now counts all of you as that same amazing support system. I can also not explain to you how much it means to my wife and I that you are all part of doing something so amazing for a guy who has always been an amazing friend to us. Mike is absolutely top notch and so are all of you for your truly wonderful efforts!

We hope that one day in the future we will again be able to watch for Mike on Sunday mornings as he drives past our house on the way to the lake and honks and waves just in case we're around to see it. Like Mike said to us tonight, we will make it through this--it will be a long road, but we'll make it.

Guys..... i dont know what to say...... literally..... emotionally, i'm a wreck..... Derek did stop by, and we've talked..... amidst the flotsam and stink of a ruined city, friends will help freinds........ Derek, you and your wife receive my thanks..... i know better, I'll be there for you brother......

Sit rep, on salvage was sick.... the trailor was true..... while it sucks, i have my life, and Shelly's to thank God for, and our little pug, who, dont laugh, is our family..... coupla cats...... renters nightmare......

My garage and tools were left another day, to deal with FEMA..... expalined as: we have a big bubble, and a small bubble..... your basic living room is a couch, and a chair, tv, and a table.....small bubble.... piano, stereo, computer, etc are all large bubble, and therefore not deemed basic necessities.......computer, luckily, shelly was a nursing student......lol

bottom line, deduct small bubble....... no hopes up..... but all of us in timecheck, and czech town are small bubble people....... hmmmmm....

bush was here today........ nothing........

rumors abound...... i've started the giant wheels turning..... finding shelter was goal 1.....

for all you sending care packages, or wanting to...... while greatly appreciated....... for sure.... a few facts i've deemed to consider are..... i'll not be cleaning anything...... i'm not even placing debris for the city into the street.... they only missed the forecast crest by 9 feet, closer to 10, so they will eat my property, my garbage, and the stink forever ingrained into my eyes nose and throat......

the bank.... graciously extending the mortgage for three months for us, will, be getting their prime piece of property back, approximately just how they deserve it......... flat, in a newly extended floodplain, and worthless...... while, making double payments is the force of the future, not for me, but for everyone in this town uninsured, unaware, and uninformed, will be the only course for all..... some have already, just 'left".......

Brass tacks.... maybe..... nothing.... nothing in my garage is fema eligible..... you dont need a garage to basically live..... i've 20k in masonry tools drowned.....

The help, and basic comaraderie of neighbor to neighbor is nothing short of incredible..... while the mess and debris piles grow..... we wait, and work, because, thats what we do.......

i'm gaining.... and, will extend my thoughts, and thanks to you people for supporting me in my time of need...

God... answered a prayer for me today.... it was a small indiffferently uttered prayer........ when the answer came, it was so releasing that i almost fainted........ my faith was faltering.... i asked a friend......he knows who he is....

i need, tips, on possibly cleaning the mud out of my motors, tools, and keeping my stuff from russting any farther..... i enter the shop tommorow to salvage what i can...... flood victims on here, i'm feelin it man.... the smell, the loss, and the tears...... i dont wish it on anybody...... ever.. glow plugs got wet.... in oil..... work, not work?... ...

i cant find humor..... washed any salvageable clothes, and i'll make do.... the smell wont come out...... we'll all smell the same for awhile, so.... it'll work, right?

anyway..... you people deserve the world for your graciousness..... i dont have much..... i'll help those i can...

D4 guys.... you rock..... Marty is already insuring my racing mendota.... his computer is down, which, i hope to help with tommorow.....

Terry.. you made it happen, you've picked me up brother, as you all have, and, from my heart, it's a debt i'll hope to honor.....

one day at a time...... i'll get on, if i can... to do list is long..... thank you all mike

Hey Mike,

Glow plugs are like roaches, hard to kill unless you destroy them with fire. Throw them, the plugs not the roaches, in some solvent, shoot the coil with some WD 40, preheat each one, good to go. Knowing someone personally affected by the flooding really makes it much more painful to see those photos. Keep the faith.

JD

Hello Mike .

My name is Ian Baas . I live in Australia and in 1984 woke up on the morning of February 18 to find my parents house , where I still live surrounded by water . As the day progressed the level rose and busted the plaster off the walls and water was running out of the power points . People over say we need the rain , load of bulldust - everything in moderation . My father was picking up a welder and as quickly as he picked it up the water level rose with it . Regarding the tools 2 ideas for you -

Electrical tools - run fresh water through them

Hand tools - get a 44 gallon drum with a removeable lid and fill it with diesel - put tools in attached to a wire for retrieval and check occasionally - being under the fill level stops the air contacting the hand tools . I wish that there was more I could do for you . Keep the faith and 1 day it will be a distant memory . I know because I have done it .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Ok, I think I have enough speedmaster hardware to add to the rico mono I donated. I am at my son's home visiting in New Mexico right now so will need to check on that at the end of next week when I get back home. I know I have the rudder and strut but what ever I don't have I will pay for to complete the rico with hardware. So now we will have the rico, hardware, and shipping anywhere in the usa paid for.

Curt

Hey Mike,
Knowing someone personally affected by the flooding really makes it much more painful to see those photos. Keep the faith.

JD
Every time I see it or hear about it on the news I can't not think about Mike and how you and your family are . I know you'll get through it . I can tell your that type from you helping me out at the Tunnel race in Charelston , Thanks again .

This may sound stupid , but some things happen for a reason . I know because my wife tells that . God has a strong place in her life because of some of those things that has happened to her . Everything has a reason sometimes hard to figure out and except .

God bless Mike and Family

Ed

Hey Mike,
Knowing someone personally affected by the flooding really makes it much more painful to see those photos. Keep the faith.

JD
Every time I see it or hear about it on the news I can't not think about Mike and how you and your family are . I know you'll get through it . I can tell your that type from you helping me out at the Tunnel race in Charelston , Thanks again .

This may sound stupid , but some things happen for a reason . I know because my wife tells that . God has a strong place in her life because of some of those things that has happened to her . Everything has a reason sometimes hard to figure out and except .

God bless Mike and Family

Ed

kim and i are on the way to cr to meet mike and shely to hand deliver what i hope it the first of many installments to give this family a much needed boost , i will hopefully have pics to show later.. thanks all

terry

Great job Terry for going above and beyond a fellow club member.Hope you dont run into any bad weather just had a down pour here.

What the hell give me one more ,paypal sent w/fee. Living in Houston, I grew up in a house that flooded about every three to four years it can be devistating, my parents finally moved out do to their age, nice house bad location.Keep up the good work.I have a Calcraft .21 hull in virgin condition I am willing to donate please let me know how to be included thanks JWB

I will hold on to it let me know where I need to ship it to when it is time

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell give me one more ,paypal sent w/fee. Living in Houston, I grew up in a house that flooded about every three to four years it can be devistating, my parents finally moved out do to their age, nice house bad location.Keep up the good work.I have a Calcraft .21 hull in virgin condition I am willing to donate please let me know how to be included thanks JWBI will hold on to it let me know where I need to ship it to when it is time
guys and gals , i just got off work so i am doing this post a bit late. after being in cr last night with mike larson and family and marty slater and family, i and kim both have a new perspective of just how bad it is there, it looks like iraq in the battlezones down every street, the entire downtown area of cr is completely gone.. the banks , convience stores , gas stations, everything.. first off i want to thank the slater family for one ..taking mike and shelly in when they need anything and for the biggest thing ,just being good down to earth people that care about their friends.. slaters you are really top notch people.. thank you also to the slaters and the larsons for showing kim and i the hospitality that they did as well. we had a really nice cookout last night and talked and got mike and shelly's minds away from the devistation that they are facing right now..kim and i delivered the first amount of funds of what we all hope is many more to come . we were privliged to help out mike and shelly and it is amazing how darn confident they are they will make it , with that and their faith in god , i am sure they will succeed.. we first stopped by mikes house to deliver the cash and check out the devistation.. shelly whom i just met last night was in as good of spirits as one could possibly be in , and was trying to salvage what she could of what they have left, her cd collection i must say is one of the things that made it , and while they have lost most things , her cd collection impressed me alot .. she is cool from the word go, as she likes the same music that the terminator likes..lol , mike has been blessed to have a good friend loan him some masonry tools and he is gonna be able to get back to work soon hopefully.. "and mike when you read this you are more than welcome to stay at my house when you work here in muscatine , your travel will be short and heck we can build boats too buddy..lol. their house while i do not want to go into huge details about this and that.. i can tell you all it is completely destroyed, the foundation gave away and it is like everyone elses houses on the block and the surrounding area as far as i could see.. it is totalled.. and the fema stuff if i am saying this right , is a cap he has heard of 28,000.00 to be paid to the bank and then the remainder to be paid by them , and without the ability to purchase flood insurance , the rest of the house is not covered.. that is a bad deal for them as they owe more than that on their house.. that is where i am hoping this raffle deal will help them out.. as far as things for them they need well they got a apartment that they will be getting into maybe by july first , so now i am on a mission to find them housing stuff , like a bed, dressers, coffee tables chairs , couches, and a moniter for marty.. i cannot tell you all how much i felt like crying when i seen the devistation and being the one to hand the people that need something more than i do right now the funds they need to make life happen, i tell you all , it was and is a blessing , i cannot thank my relationship with my lord and savior jesus christ enough for if not for him things like this would not be possible, to be able to help someone in need is great but their is so much more that needs to be done..like mike said to me last night.. tattoo "one day at a time " on his forehead because that is what he sees.. one touch customer i say. god bless you all from kim and i , and most importantly.. mike and shelly and everyone else, say thank you to all, they are not able to get on the net right now and wanted to do it themselves.. so mike asked me to do it for now.. you can expect them to do it right when they can , but they really appreciate everything and everyone that has helped so far. thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart as well , you all are great..god bless you all and yours .

mike and shelly larson & terry and kim kelly

Terry went to best buy got me a new monitor

you an Kim are welcome any time

you are definitely TOP shelf ;)

i my shelf had no flood damage

just trying to help out a boating buddy

would like to thank each an every one of you

for what you started an continue to do for Mike

i called Mendota supper 8 an have a room for me an mike

for the 15 an 16 of August so hope to thank some of you then

an maybe have a few COLD ones with some of you

yes mike we will have some DEWS also :rolleyes:

God Bless each an ever one of you

Marty

OK guys..... Marty and a new monitor.... and I'm in......

First off.... I'd like to thank everyone and the incredible response to my dismay... EVERYONE.

Having the privelege to sit at a computer right now makes contact with a great bunch of people uplifting to say the least.... i can sum it up it one word and it's FRIENDSHIP

Believe this.... you people here and the things you've accomplished for me in the short time frame available, is nothing short of phenomenal.... I am floored.....

The flood has brought massive change for everyone.... I'm lucky.... God helped.... and YOU.

Others are not... and it's sad.... I helped my neighbors today tear out their houses, and ready for at least drying out.... everyone knows the task we face ahead, and it's grim faces, and denial, pleading for help from outside sources, and waiting.... I'm ahead with my cleanup, and in FEMA limbo... i've had contact with them, and a settlement may be looming, the projected loss, will incur bankruptcy with shelly and I, along with our neighbors, each side, and all..... if, I am to sit and wait, i may as well help a friend out, than dwell, on things i cant change......

Terry and his wife arrived with your raffle proceeds last night, ever graciously hand delivering the godsend you have placed in shelly and my care......I wish the winners well, for they are deserving..... His wife and family have gone beyond any human conception of the word righteous..... they are, top notch people, and i love them both.....

I will take time to thank, again, the donors, large and small, that actually gave of their possesion to help me climb from the dismal place I happen to currently be in.... it wont be permanent..... I'm gaining every day.... prioritizing things like shelter, transport, and schedule just isnt something anyone should take for granted... it's trying.... i'm gaining....

John and Brenda Knight.... instrumentally insuring we make it, in this trying time, spirtitually, monetarily, and their guideance with me has been unsurmountable....

Marty.... opened his home to me, and continues to give without recourse to the hilt....

K.B. you rock, brother.... i'll stay in touch...... Chris and steve wood.... none better men.....

No thoughts of big player, small player standings, EVERYONE, on here, has, and will have, my greatest thanks, and a hope of someday being able to reciprocate....

I'm receiving money from people i've never even met.... i'll be in touch.... Rich, and Terasita, a meeting will be in the works.... I can reach you..... and will.....

Don Stephenson, a fellow retired boater.... picked me up on the dry ground on june 12th.... i've been marching forward ever since..... you people made it happen, boaters made it happen, and while the thank you posts are numerous, i cant help it...... From the heart, guys, no greater freindship can be found..... across America.... a debt of gratitude, i will hope to someday repay....... thanks, Mike and Shelly..... .

Back