Let's get Dorkhedeos a boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rodney,

lemme clear up my part of the conspiracy for ya :D

before this thread got started, i offered to sell raymond (dorkhedeos) basically everything he would need for a .18-sized rc boat (short of fuel, a hull, a Tx which he already has, radio box tape, an antenna, a rudder mount, a few of the screws in an engine mount, and some good luck). also with eric perez's permission (havent seen much of eric recently though), i would maybe be able to send him plans for one of eric's kickass little cats. we agreed on the price of 75$, which would leave him with a comfy 75$ to get building supplies and the other stuff in order to reach his target goal of 150$. the engine, along with almost all of the hardware, is new so i thought 75$ was a good deal that i woulda liked when i was building my first boat. the 75$ would be the last bit i need to finish my gas cat in time for the season, which starts next sunday. since then, everyone has given raymond a SWEET offer to help him get into boating, and my mom told me she'd lend me the dough i need to get my boat running (and buy that pipe from you don if you see this). so i told ray he shouldnt feel obliged to buy my stuff seein that the guys want to build him one from everyone's spares, and the idea he came up with is to (thanks to you guys ;) ) watch rodney build a tunnel and show him the ropes, then when the tunnel is finished, and he can show his dad how cool (err addictive?) rc boats are and if he decides to go further, he'll buy my stuff and build either a mono or cat on his own, with rodney's guidance if he doesnt mind.

by the time i stick this up there ray's probly posted the same thing, but oh well here it is anyways.

Joe

most of that stuff laxmasta said was right, but i dont have 150, and i was thinking about trying to set up your stuff with the mono hull that bob offered, but its ok if he doesnt donate it, i will try to make my own if bob decides to not donate it. when do you think you i can go over to watch you put it all together?

Thank you Tom for starting the forum, and thank you all that are donating your parts that you didnt need. I will try to help out other new people when i get better at this hobby. Thanks

Darkhedos,

you can come over anytime you'd like once we get all this stuff. As for Bob and anyone else who said they'd donate, don't worry they will they wouldn't offer if they didn't really mean it.

I talked to my cousing who works at a body shop and he said he was going to donate some Deltron PPG paint. He usually can get me a couple differant base colors. By the way what colors do you like??

Also, Clay can you still donate the inboard motor?? If not like I said, I have an OPS .21 engine but I need a bearing for it.

And we want pics! I think everyone would like to see what we did.

Thanks to everyone involved!

I've said it before and I'll say it again......I LOVE THIS BOARD!

I was speaking via e-mail to BoaterBill and what came across my mind was the fact that people tend to think r/c boaters are cheap, penny pinchers or selfish. This would make a great PR piece in the NAMBA newsletter or Boat Modeler. Do we have any English majors or journalists on the board??

Rodney,

I can donate a propeller or two,just let me know the setup on the boat?

Let me know what you guys need? Make sure you send me an address.

Thanks, :)

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Mark,

That's cool. He'll need an outboard prop like an X437 for the tunnel and what ever you think is best for a .21 mono.

Rodney Guerrero

1102 Grand Teton dr

Pacifica, CA 94044

Rodney, I'm sending a package your way tomorrow. Building materials, servos, MC-9's, seals, etc.....

OK, I'm confused now. Two boats? I don't want to rain on a parade, but I feel that is one boat to many. We could save the second setup for another newbie. :( ;)

Let's recap. Who's sending what? Are we donating the mono or the tunnel? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
RECAP:Here's what we scrounged up for the Darkhedeos:

PropJockey- PTO w/fresh bearings

Warlokboats- free labor

PHMracing- He'd help anyway he can

Bob Howard- Proglass .21 mono w/radiobox

Anthony Marquart- NIP Aeromarin trim tabs

Grim- Fuel Cell

ClayGlover- a coupe of servos, S/B prop, starter, fuel, plugs, glo-plug wrench, pipe and header, engine, OPS pipe

Izitbrokeyet?- Prather flex cable, prop doggie, threaded push rod, starter belt, prop doggie, threaded push rod, starter belt, new connectors, exhaust coupling, clamps, Futaba 4 cell battery pack, switch harness, antennae, misc stuff.

RusselBear- Spare parts, servos, tubing, push rods

[email protected] Free prep and paint job with Deltron PPG on any boat or boats you get, I'll build everything you get and you'll be RTR, Sullivan 12 volt starter, Starter box complete w/power panel, glow ignitor, fuel, radio with receiver, on/off switch, decals, fuel tanks, Pratehr flex cable grease. And if you get an outboard a K&B lower end and a carb and a motor mount.

Boater Bill: an electric fuel pump, rx batt pack new, tx batt pack new, A spin fin if needed. I'll give him a new lower unit 7.5, complete, with the transom mount also. I've got a K&B carb 7.5 he can have also.

TunnelDave:I have a complete 12mm K&B 3.5 that I can pass on, If it is a tunnel.

I also have a Futaba AM 2 channel stick transmitter and receiver.

Izitbrokeyet?- Prather flex cable, prop doggie, threaded push rod, starter belt, prop doggie, threaded push rod, starter belt, new connectors, exhaust coupling, clamps, Futaba 4 cell battery pack, switch harness, antennae, misc stuff.

I’d like to revise mine to delete the flex cable, prop doggie, and starter belt and add a .21 sized WOF concept tunnel boat to the list

I put the mono on the big brown truck today at work so you should have it in a few days. I hope this kid knows how lucky he is to have this all put together for him and someone to work with him.

Bob

OK, so he's got the mono on the way. I'll pack up a goodie box with the motor, header, and pipe and get it out to you Rodney later this week. ;)

SWEET, the sooner it gets here the better. It'll give me something to do to kill the time for the next two weeks or so. Now I just got to figure out how to get this kid to my house. Bus, car, etc....maybe he can ride his bike....LOL :lol:

SWEET, the sooner it gets here the better. It'll give me something to do to kill the time for the next two weeks or so. Now I just got to figure out how to get this kid to my house. Bus, car, etc....maybe he can ride his bike....LOL :lol:
are you close to each other? According to mapquest, you're about a 20 minute drive away. Could be wrong

I don't have Darkhedeos' address to get an approximate mileage or time. But as for him getting here I can always pick him up or he can take the SamTrans bus to my house. If he lives where I think he does it's about a 15 minute drive. As for peddling his bike that was supposed to be a clever joke...LOL :lol: Guess it wasn't to witty! :D

i can probably get a ride because my spring break starts after friday at 3. so i am getting the tunnel hull right? yeah, i do know how lucky i am, thanks again!

Back