Let's get Dorkhedeos a boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

In case you have not noticed a new guy, Dorkhedeos, on our forum has been trying like crazy to get a boat. I don't know this guy at all but I think I see where he is comming from.

What ya think Dorkhedeos tell us why we should help ya out! Tell us a little more about yourself. We also need to get you hooked up with a club.... what area do you live in?

Does anyone have an old boat they could donate to him?? I have a 1/2 built .12 rigger (seems to be kinda what he was trying to put together) that i can donate but it would be a ton of work!

I was hoping someone might have something that would be a lot closer to being ready to run.

Great idea, Tom! That's why I love this board!

But instead of one person donating a whole boat, how 'bout a bunch of people donating smaller stuff?

I believe Jon (warlokboats) has offered to do the labor. Get someone to donate a hull, someone to donate the engine, another for the radio, etc.

Piece it together and present it to him with the stipulation that when he is ready to move up, he continues the 'spirit of giving' by donating it to another newby.

I will help in any way i can. Just let me know.THis is a great idea TOm I remeber when i used to drag race and i broke my transmission The guy i was up against lent me one of his spares.Thats what you call real sportsmanship.

Thanks Mike

I have a old Pro Glass 21 mono laying around that I would be more than willing to give. It is set up for a surface drive and ran very well. Would also include a Prather rudder that I had on it. I am at work and can not remember my log on.

Bob Howard

Sounds like he'll need some hands on help.

Dorkster, (just kidding friend, that's a tempting screenname for a ribbing :D ) do you have a local hobby shop nearby?

OK, I'll throw in a couple servos and a s&b'd prop ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can throw in a prather flex shaft & prop doggie. threaded pushrods, starter belt (new :D ) connectors, exhaust coupling, clamps, futaba 4-cell AA battery holder, futaba switch harness, antennae & Misc stuff special sauce and a sesemee seed bun

........sounds like we have everything but the powerplant & flex couple

This all sounds great, thanks. i live in san francico in california, there is a rc shop near my place, but my friends say that its mostly car stuff. right now, i have 75 dollars saved up, and im buying a engine and some other stuff from _laxmasta2039 for the 75. 50 dollars from that 75 was going to pay for the badminton team. i have to raise 50 dollars to buy a uniform and for the banquet at the end of the season, the coach said you still have to pay even though you dont want the uniform or the banquet. so after i buy the stuff off of _laxmasta2039, im probably going to get booted from the team, or just suspended from the team, i guess its worth it. He said i needed a rudder mount. is it possible to make a homemade rudder mount?

oh yeah, i have to make the decision of buying a boat or not by tomorrow, my brother is coming home, he doesnt like anything i do and just yells at me for wasting money, hes usually right, i dont think i will ever be as smart as him though. i will be lucky if i even get into UCLA

Dorkhedos.........Dont sell yourself short

You can get into UCLA if you really want to

Well.....I'll just go out and throw all that stuff in a box (special sauce intact) and check in tomorrow to see if you're still going to make a boat. I'm not planning to send it off, if you're not going to build anything.

KB

Iv'e got a lot of spare parts also. Servos, tubing, pushrods, tubing, etc.... Keep us updated as to what you need.

im still going to make a boat, just that if my brother comes home, i have to delay it until he leaves april 1st, and if i send the money out, i will receive the items at the end of my spring break, and i wont be able to make it as well.

Finaly home so I am logged in. This boat I have also has a radio box. When we find out what is going on I will ship to anyone willing to put together.

Bob

Kiddo, you're breakin my heart with the badminton situation! LOL!

If I throw in a motor, how are you gonna wash my car or mow my lawn from 2000 miles away?

I've got some stuff to set up that mono to haul the mail. That rex motor that Lax has is a good one, hopefully he'll throw in the collet too. You'll still need support stuff like a starter, fuel, a way to get the fuel into the boat's tank, and a Rx/Tx, battery pack, etc...

If all else fails, I can throw some plugs in, a plug wrench, belt, and (rrrr, ummm, hmmm) possibly an (aahhhh,mmm,err) engine, header, ops pipe, and speedmaster mount. It ain't brand new, but it's a low-mile, clean and fast picco exr .21 that's ready to burn water. I may need some more grovelling from you DH, as all this stuff cost over $300 in it's day and was the motor to beat.

As someone wiser already said, you've gotta give your newlyfound IW honor that this won't be in vain, and if you get another boat, or bow out of interest, you've gotta reciprocate the generosity to another IW n00bie. Deal?

Back