Let's get Dorkhedeos a boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an old pather lap cat 3.5 I will mail it out if some one has a motor and radio the hull is in good shape.

Dave

im 14, i made the name up in 4th or 5th grade, i dont know what it stand for either. does silicone air line tubing work for fuel? i got about 6 feet of it. where do you live? my dad wont make another one after he makes the first, he is always busy. where is the lhs you are talking about? do you go to the golden gate park pond?

I do run boats at G.G. Park at Spreckles Lake. A tunnel would be perfect there for you. I have on order two rolls of tubing, one large and one medium so by the time you get your boat stuff I'll give you some. I think I have another 3.5 O/B motor mount and a lower end but no prop shaft assembly if someone can donate a 3.5 powerhead.

Anyone know if Jerry Dunlap has an old 12mm crank jobbe laying around he can spare?? And a carb. I have an older perry carb that will work but it's pretty dated.

i dont think anybody can donate a tunnel though, they are expensive and the engine is expensive. if anyone can, you are sooo cool

I'll donate used Concept Tunnel Hull

Word of Warning....tunnels are probably the most complicated, and hardest to set up of any type of hull

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be surprised by the power of this board, Here's a running tally of things donated in order as offered:

PropJockey- any help he can offer

Warlokboats- free labor

PHMracing- He'd help anyway he can

Bob Howard- Proglass .21 mono w/radiobox

Anthony Marquart- NIP Aeromarin trim tabs

Grim- Fuel Cell

ClayGlover- a coupe of servos, S/B prop, starter, fuel, plugs, glo-plug wrench, pipe and header, engine, OPS pipe

Izitbrokeyet?- Prather flex cable, prop doggie, threaded push rod, starter belt, prop doggie, threaded push rod, starter belt, new connectors, exhaust coupling, clamps, Futaba 4 cell battery pack, switch harness, antennae, misc stuff.

RusselBear- Spare parts, servos, tubing, push rods

[email protected] Free prep and paint job with Deltron PPG on any boat or boats you get, I'll build everything you get and you'll be RTR, Sullivan 12 volt starter, Starter box complete w/power panel, glow ignitor, fuel, radio with receiver, on/off switch, decals, fuel tanks, Pratehr flex cable grease. And if you get an outboard a K&B lower end and a carb and a motor mount.

That's some serious inventory. Plus you can do like my buddy does, he hides all his boat stuff at my house so his wife doesn't yell at him for spending his,..errr her money..LOL

[SIZE=14pt]If you want the guys can mail everything to my house[/SIZE]

If Kevin sends you the concept hull maybe I can scrounge enough parts together to build you a 3.5 power head. The only thing I'd need is a pto and gaskets.

I'll throw in an electric fuel pump, rx batt pack new, tx batt pack new, let me see what else is going on I'll go back and read throu all the post. A spin fin if needed.

Bill Heacock

Rod, Good idea about the tally, keep it updated please, makes it easier than going thru all the post. ;) If we are going to build him a tunnel, I'll give him a new lower unit 7.5, complete, with the transom mount also. I've got a K&B carb 7.5 he can have also.

Tom,

You started this so you decide when all is together, on a final tally and we can mail the stuff to Rod. ;) Seeing as Rod is almost in the kids back yard, seem like a good choice?

hey, maybe i can go to your house to watch you build it so i will learn something once they send it to you

well now i'm confused....are we going for a mono or a tunnel? and do we have an engine???

Rodney, if we go the outboard route, I've got a PTO to pitch in...fresh bearings to boot.

If I'm DarkHedeos......GOD, DUDE PLEASE CHANGE THAT NAME...lol...IT'S SO HARD ON THE KEYBOARD AND MEMORY!....lol :lol: :lol:

I'm going with the mono because we have a lot of gas boats that are inconsiderate to the little nitro boats. You know the guys that fill their tanks and run 25 minutes non-stop...fill-and run 24 1/2 more minutes...LOL

But hey a tunnel is good, I still run my 3.5 tunnels w/the gas boats. As for an engine, I have one. It needs the PTO and PropJockey said he'd donate it so we're good to go in any direction. Hell, I have an older OPS nitro pipe, I could mod the lower end and make it work like the old Magic Mufflers, straight out the back. There's a guy in my club racing A-mod with the same set up...LOL

maybe a tunnel would be better cause i don't think we have a 3.5 inboard?

but i think the mono would be a batter starter boat.

Tom,

Your right, I think ClayGlover had an engine. I have an OPS .21 I can give him. It's like new, I bough it from Curt Wrisner. The motor is complete less the back bearing. That's the one part it didn't come with.

Does anyone have a bearing for an OPS .21?

Back