Let's get Dorkhedeos a boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now I'm confused :blink:

are we going to go Mono Or Tunnel? I was going to contribute a Concept 3.5 Tunnel. I think Someone else was going to contribute a Mono. (something about an ops and bearing?)

Just let me know what to send....I can send a tunnel hull or a bunch of Mono stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive tried to follow along and got lost twice :lol:

Had some rigging stuff but ya got that covered, guess deciede which a way your goin and start shippen,

Lots of very generous offers ;)

Gene :D

Well, we just need to hear from the DarkLord, or Darkhereos to see which set up he wants most...deceisions, deceisions, deceisions...LOL..whatr a tough predictament he's in...LOL.. :lol:

guys,

as far as i know he's still planning on buying the stuff from me (a new pullstart .18 kb with everything needed for everything except a rudder mount and radio box lid and pushrods), im hoping if he decides to go with a donated hull he'll let me know :eek:

i was gonna finish building the .12 rigger i had and send it to him with all the hardware in it but he told me that his parents were only letting him do a boat because he was building it himself, so i dunno if a donated hull would be allowed....i wish he'd chip in here and let us know what is going on.

Joe

my parents wont let my buy a hull. i would like a tunnel hull, but i will feel bad if i dont buy the stuff off of laxmasta. maybe i can watch [email protected] make a tunnel hull, and ill buy the stuff from lax masta and make a mono and bring it to [email protected] to check it to see if i did it right. will that work for you guys?

Dorkhedeos said:
so the transom is the place where the propeller comes out? and a outboard attaches to?
correct, the back of the boat where the outboard or rudder attaches

I have a complete 12mm K&B 3.5 that I can pass on, If it is a tunnel.

I also have a Futaba AM 2 channel stick transmitter and receiver.

Rodney let me know and I can send it off to you.

David Carey

[email protected]

Hopefully Laxmasta2039 won't mind giving the Dork-man a free pass to not buy this stuff since everyone seems to be really generous right now. I'm not trying to side bust a sale but it seems the $$ is tight as well as an issue with his parents. I'm sure you guys agree?

TunnelDave, go ahead and prepare to send the motor because Kevin is sending me a hull. I have another 12mm crank I'll give him that will be good for spare parts. Another member is sending me a PTO for the motor so he can run and not worry should something break.

[SIZE=14pt]Basically, we're all waiting for the Darkhedeos to deceide if he wants to get a free mono or a free tunnel. Where are you D-Man?? lol :lol: [/SIZE]

Sounds like we've just about got this covered. Hows that for an awesome community!

hey rod, i had an idea to make everyone happy. how about we get a tunnel and a mono hull. you can make the the tunnel while i watch, so its like a demo. then ill buy the stuff from laxmasta and set up the mono while you are watching to make sure i do everything right, if you dont mind. this will be like a project, i will probably learn alot from these two boats. i talked my brother into letting me buy the stuff from laxmasta. then i will show the boats to my brother and my parents to show them how fun it is and how much ive learned from it? laxmasta said that i dont need 2 radios for 2 boats with the same frequency, so i dont think i will need another radio. does this sound good to you guys?

Thank you all

hi! i've read all the discussions here in this topic.. wow i envied dorkhedeos.. i'm also starting in rc boat, i'm doing the plans now for a 1/8 scale pleasure craft.. it's so hard to find rc boat materials here, in fact i found none except for some electric motors and plastic craft.. my savings all gone now, i just bought some balsa wood and propeller and drive dog.. guess the stuffing box and shaft have to wait.. so is the engine..

got 1 question though, can i use ordinary nut like the ones found in hardware to hold the prop?

Okay, so let's get this straight.....Your buying an .18 pull start K&B from Laxmasta with everything?? Meaning it has a flywheel and a collet??? Or meaning it's the whole sha-bang, boat hardware, etc....

From the sounds of it it sounds like your just getting an engine?? If your getting a mono from Lax, do you need to build it as a wood kit?? Clear this up. I have no problem painting a tunnel and a mono for you and will show you how to build them both etc....

The Proglass mono you were offered sounds like a great boat if you go that route.

It sounds as the miracle of this board would go for the two boat thing?

Anyone, Bueller??

Darkhedoes is probabbly in school today. If UCLA is his goal I'd guess he goes to Lowell high school, if he goes to a private perhaps St. Ignatius?

im on the border of san francisco and daly city, so i go to school in south san francisco. i will probably buy the engine and parts from laxmasta after i learn how to set up a boat and how to do the adjustments and all those other small things. so you are going to send 2 boats right? the tunnel for a demo and the mono for a project?

thanks alot guys

I'm gonna send my contact information to DarkHedoes so he can call me, by the way what's your name??

Okay guys, go ahead and mail all the stuff over to me. Kevin's planning to send the tunnel this week maybe we can get the Proglass mono sent out as well? This way by the time Darklordhedoes buys his motor we can get crackin' and build this stuff.

Rodney Guerrero

1102 Grand Teton Drive

Pacifica, CA 94044

DarkHedeos,

Make sure you give Tom and everyone else here a big Thank you! They really came through. Good idea Tom.

Here's what we scrounged up for the Darkhedeos:

PropJockey- PTO w/fresh bearings

Warlokboats- free labor

PHMracing- He'd help anyway he can

Bob Howard- Proglass .21 mono w/radiobox

Anthony Marquart- NIP Aeromarin trim tabs

Grim- Fuel Cell

ClayGlover- a coupe of servos, S/B prop, starter, fuel, plugs, glo-plug wrench, pipe and header, engine, OPS pipe

Izitbrokeyet?- Prather flex cable, prop doggie, threaded push rod, starter belt, prop doggie, threaded push rod, starter belt, new connectors, exhaust coupling, clamps, Futaba 4 cell battery pack, switch harness, antennae, misc stuff.

RusselBear- Spare parts, servos, tubing, push rods

[email protected] Free prep and paint job with Deltron PPG on any boat or boats you get, I'll build everything you get and you'll be RTR, Sullivan 12 volt starter, Starter box complete w/power panel, glow ignitor, fuel, radio with receiver, on/off switch, decals, fuel tanks, Pratehr flex cable grease. And if you get an outboard a K&B lower end and a carb and a motor mount.

Boater Bill: an electric fuel pump, rx batt pack new, tx batt pack new, A spin fin if needed. I'll give him a new lower unit 7.5, complete, with the transom mount also. I've got a K&B carb 7.5 he can have also.

TunnelDave:I have a complete 12mm K&B 3.5 that I can pass on, If it is a tunnel.

I also have a Futaba AM 2 channel stick transmitter and receiver.

Back