Kevlar and CF over foam Tunnel project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advise mike

Got a friend that works with fibre glass to lay me up a big sheet of CF.

Your boat looks great. If I can make something half as good as that I will be happy!

Thanks

Bruce

PJ,

I like it...I like it! Looks good enough but has anyone stepped up to make the graphics? I'd offer but have no tools or means to do so.

Snowdog

Ron Olsen's sister can do the laser work. Not sure how much she will charge for it. Get with him & he can set you up.

Mike

Had to jump in and say what a great area of interest you have created for our hobby. Your building skills are out their and its lots of fun to watch you build.

You are the composite master and because of your un-selfish ways we all benefit.

This boat is Awesome.. Keep up the good posts.

Mike, you better be wearing a good dust mask with that stuff or the Grim reaper (not grimracer) will be calling on you sooner then you might like...Wear a DUST MASK...!!!

MAMAGRIMRACER

PJ,

Get ahold of Ron's sister, Karen, at the below information. I've ordered some vinyl from her recently..

Email [email protected] or 269-649-5880. She takes most plastic or send her a check to:

KT's

120 S. Main St.

Vicksburg, MI 49097

Mark

OB Nut Racing: Just don't tell her you know Ron! ;) :D ;D

PJ,

That's a sweet graphic.

I don't plan on painting.

If the cowl turns out good and as planned it will be Kevlar. If it looks crappy I will have to paint :'(

If I paint the cowl, what color do you think would look good?

-MikeP

A nice Bright/Blood red on those CF sponsoons would look awesome!... do you ever put any dye into your epoxy's? I hear you can get a real even color by doing that.

I have dye, it doesn't work well with the composites.

But I could lay up a cowl with dye and fiberglass.

Good idea.

Think I will go check out some colors.

-MikeP

oops i meant red with the carbon fiber, not on... hmm i figured the kevlar might be light enough in color to take a dye.

glad I could give a master an idea :D

If it were mine (I WISH!), I'd leave the sponsons alone...that natural carbon fiber looks good.

I don't care for the tan of the Kevlar...I'd go with a yellow center section and cowl.

I filled in the strake with epoxy/graphite mix. Taped on some 3/8" mylar for the nice finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see it hit the water!!!! do you have an estimated time to run figured out?

I have been doing some "blueprinting" on the sponsons. I mixed up some epoxy with silica and graphite powder for filling in some of the spots at the tips.

I have made this putty using Imron paint for color and got a perfect match to do repairs on other hulls. Fill it in sand and polish and your done.

-MikeP

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back