Kevlar and CF over foam Tunnel project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Offset Radio Box

The radio box and the motor are offset. Use the dimensions on the plans. I think the widths of both the radio box and motor box are the same. I'd go down stairs and check the plans again, but I just came back from there after checking the radio box/motor box offsets. However, I should probably spend more time climbing stairs than sitting on my butt at the computer!!

The built up fuel tank support is an option. A piece of foam could be used as a fuel tank support.

JD

Mike what do you use to cut the Carbon sheets to size?. I have tried using my band saw but it ruins the blade very quickly. Thanks Tony J

Tony,

I use a dremel with a flexable shaft and a cut off wheel. The flexable shaft will let you cut better and keeps the dust out of the motor.

-MikeP

Speaking of hot wire, can someone please point me to a good site on how to build my own little 'jig' to use??

Looking good already Mike...you do Very nice work and this boat shouldn't be an exception :)

Kris

I looked at the one I bought, ??? noting in there. It has one of those little black transformers attached to two rods with the hot wire between them. I will get the volts and amps of the transformer(I think it's just 12v .5 amp) and measure the lenth of the wire(about 8-10").

What would really be cool is to make a hot wire setup like a table saw so you could rip some nice square pieces off the big hunk of foam. A verticle wire out a table top and an adjustable fence.

-MikeP

I clamp a couple of boards to get the square piece to start with.

Last edited by a moderator:
slice it up for the tank mount bulkheads

Speaking of hot wire, can someone please point me to a good site on how to build my own little 'jig' to use??

Looking good already Mike...you do Very nice work and this boat shouldn't be an exception :)

Kris
Thanks Kris,

The transformer on mine is 9v 1300 ma. Small nichrome wire 7" max. a couple of inches shorter is a little hotter and faster cutting.

-MikeP

Lookin great Mike ;)

Oh hey was wonderin about the size of the graphite stock

you talked about once, YGM

Gene ;D

What would really be cool is to make a hot wire setup like a table saw
Mike,

I did a 'buy now' on ebay for a 8" hot wire.. With the 'buy now', the seller is to include how to make a table from $5 items from a hardware store. I'll be more than happy to post this info once I receive the instructions.. Would you like to see????

Mark..

OB Nut Racing: Just ich'n to get cut'n.....

Lets see, so far I got Kevlar over ply.(KOP)

Kevlar over basswood frame(KOBF)

Latest posts

Back