Kevlar and CF over foam Tunnel project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I don't think it's almost done but I am making progress. I hope to get it running before the water gets hard.

Been playing around with a cowl, I think I am going to give this one a try.

-MikeP

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the foam model of the cowl? It looks very sleek, you have enough space under it for the rc box?

I made this posterboard profile first to make sure everything fits. then used it for the hotwire guide.

-MikeP

Waiting for glue to dry....finished up some more radio stuff.

I terminated the Kev-cord for the pull-pull. The cord goes through the brass adjuster and has a knot tied inside.

Finished up the radio box lid.

Mike,

Who makes those steering adjuster you are using? I've found the Sulivan style, but they don't have that type of brass adjuster. I've got the 2-56 style.. Maybe you have the 4-40?

Thanks,

Mark...

Not much to show right now, just been polishing the sponsons and cowl plug. I just finished the sponsons.

On the top of the sponsons I brushed on epoxy and wet sanded 400-600-2000 with a block sander then rubbed them down once more with epoxy and paper towel. Got a nice glossy finish.

On the bottoms I brushed on epoxy then block sanded with 400.

I guess the the way to go is leave it with the 400 finish on the bottoms.

On the foam cowl plug I slopped on the epoxy and sanded with 80 then 180. Brushed on more epoxy and sanded with 400. I fixed some bad spots last night, it still needs to be rubbed out with the paper towel. I should be making the mold Thursday and making a cowl this weekend. ;D ;D

-MikeP

After it sets up a while and gets really sticky I brush some fresh epoxy on and stick the first layer nice and tight, the rest of the layers are just to bulk it up.

Back