Delta Force DF 38" (DF45 MkII) Build - 6S

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone got any experience with safety loops? I'll need one, but it kills me to think I'll have to drill the deck and have an ugly wire hanging out of it.

I wondered if anyone has seen or used any neat tricks?

They are a PITA, but if rules require them so be it. Are you racing under Austrian rules? I think you also need to be 1P as well. Most guys will make an insulative block that holds a pair of female connectors securely and glue/screw/attach the block to the inside of the hull and seal it with silicone. Some guys are also using a clamp plate on the outside of the hull. with a little creativity and a CAD program you can design anything and have it 3D printed in nylon or TPU.

Thanks RaceMechaniX. I actually printed something up for another boat but was concerned about temps. Maybe I could get a final one done by someone in the correct material.

I was going to run 2 x 3S batteries but each one is 1P. I think that's correct?

Yeah I'm in Sydney David.

Michael, So long as you find high temp materials and good connectors the temp should not be an issue. I suggest reaching out to local Aussie's on the best way to make the external battery disconnect.

Back