Kevlar and CF over foam Tunnel project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeP

Here is the plan.

Kevlar over foam center section, CF over foam sponsons.

-MikeP

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a kevlar sheet today. Found some 5 oz Kevlar on ebay for $10.00 a yard. 2-pumps West Systems and 1-teaspoon silica spread out on the glass first, the silica will keep all the pin holes and air bubbles out of the finished surface.

-MikeP

2-layers 5 oz. 14"x 34"

Those are some nice plans, who ever drew those new what they were doing.

It's going to be a JD KCFOF 30" (unless some one has a better idea for a rough water boat with a OS Lawless).

The sheet I made today turned out good, .021 thick with a nice finish.

1 down 2 more to go.

-MikeP

Wow mike great you started this project. Looking forward to it. As always great building topic when your building it.

Keep up the good work.

wow man here you go again... there should be a forum just dedicated to your work!

Hey Mike

Thanks for the tip on adding silica, I wonder if it would help when laying up a regular mold ? Any one done this? ???

Mike

Ya it works, I just did it on my .12 mold.

Brush on the epoxy silica mix kinda like a jelcoat and let it set up a bit, then lay in the cloth. If you mix too much silica it will have have a cloudy look to it.

-MikeP

Cf sheet is made the same way, 2- layers 5 oz.

Lay the peel ply right in the mix.

This should keep me busy for a while.

So far so good things are squaring up good.

Hot wire rules!

The sheets are about the same as 1/32" plywood except they don't have the grain.

-MikeP

I have a question maybe Jerry will respond : :)

Do you offset the radio box? ???

The plans show it offset, the CSFF matches it as well. But in the directions you mention something about cutting into the right CCSF or maybe you ment CSSF

STGC (secret tunnel guy codes)

-MikeP

Back