JAE gas rigger (new build)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The econo way of making one is to use a Sullivan SS-8 fuel tank. It ain't purty but it does the job.

Update.... The rigger hit the water and performed well ! It turned sharp and crisp , great throttle response and drew quite the attraction at the lake . The collet loosened up and we lost a piece for our rear pipe mount. Next weekend its back to the lake for round 2 . Thankyou for all your help everyone. With out you , I would have struggled a bit longer getting this boat to go.

Check with Joe at Zippkit's as I see that he has a carb shroud for the version 2 kit that he should be able to sell separately.

Im antsy sitting at my desk at work , Itching to tinker and smell the 2-stroke smoke. Fix up this shroud and a couple other little things and toss it in .

So the crank shaft in our new zenoah 26 in our fresh rigger loosened up and took out the engine this afternoon . It now has over 1/4" end play . A small block Chevy doesn't even have an end play like that . It turns over but has zero compression and the crank slides back and fourth a long wayse . Wasn't even at full throttle for more than a minute . Anyone ever have this happen ?

Zack first of all did you clean the motor before fire it up? All the Zen's I worked have lot of metal flakes inside from the factory.It is highly recommended make this inspection and a good clean with new motors..all of them with no exceptions in my opinion.Second I have seen this issues with poor oil content in fuels.All Zen's have an end play in the crankshaft but obviusly 1/4" is too much.So now its time to open your motor and make a carefull check up fo figure out what could be the reason for this loss of compression.Give us more info.

Gill

Gil I will definitly do that. Im new at this and only been into gassers for about a year and a half . Im learning as I go. I did not know about the fragments in the engine. Are you saying to tear down a brand new engine and rince it all out with gas oil mix ? This weekend we will see what went wrong. Do you suppose this could be a possible warranty claim?

What about the engines that have been run BEFORE you get em My M&D came with a paper with lines like wall street. some kinda Dino testing.

Zack the only way to figured out what happens with that engine is to tear it down.You can rinse it with just gas.Verify if the piston is ok ..I 've seen lot of them melted after few tanks..The end play of the crankshaft may be related with bad ball bearings. Did you carefully ckeck the crankcase for any hairline cracks?How is the seal of the spark plug?If you can take pics it would help us.I think you can also contact the supplier to know more about warranty...Gill

You should only have maybe 1/64" of slop on the crank if that, just enough to where you'd see it move.

Zen's are imfamous for having bent cranks right from the factory. You don't hear about it much but there's a lot of them. Run a Zen up to speed for a little while and it can do a lot of internal damage quickly if there is any significant run-out on the crank.

So far the engine from Zipkit's or Warehouse Hobbies is starting to prove itself. Mike Ross of Suicidal Motors has been running the heck out of one on his dyno and has done up a few modded versions. A lot of Zen parts are interchangable if not the same. They are assembled here in Florida at WHH and also come with their version of a Zen Easy-Start, a blessing if you've ever tried one.

So far the engine from Zipkit's or Warehouse Hobbies is starting to prove itself. Mike Ross of Suicidal Motors has been running the heck out of one on his dyno and has done up a few modded versions. A lot of Zen parts are interchangable if not the same. They are assembled here in Florida at WHH and also come with their version of a Zen Easy-Start, a blessing if you've ever tried one.
Im goint to look into this. It seems useless to have the need to open up a brand new engine and clean it out. The factory should have some sort of quality controll and clean them before they are put together. Its like eating an orange before you peel it. Thanks for the tip Ron.

Back