info on dumas sport40 eagel kit...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hurray its skined!!!!! Just got to trim off access wood,install rudder and flex tube.Sand&seal and do any fill inns and prime it and paint!!!!! B)
WOW! You gotta be excited! i know i would be! Nessa, that really looks good! Welcome to the world of wooden race boats...i hope that you will build MANY more! Cant wait to see it all painted up and ready to run! With your painting abilities, im sure it will be AWESOME! :)

Hurray its skined!!!!! Just got to trim off access wood,install rudder and flex tube.Sand&seal and do any fill inns and prime it and paint!!!!! B)
WOW! You gotta be excited! i know i would be! Nessa, that really looks good! Welcome to the world of wooden race boats...i hope that you will build MANY more! Cant wait to see it all painted up and ready to run! With your painting abilities, im sure it will be AWESOME! :)
Trust me Bill I will be planning to build more wooden boats in the future=this year...it a way its kind of fun building..bring back memories of wood shop in high school.Bill I want to thankyou again for the eagel kit...now my boyfriend want to build an eagel too ....I did copied those JAG and kep rigger plans...thinking to build one of them soon... then Build a scale is what I'm trying to shooting for this year...I will be posting progress pic shortly...working one cowl latch and that center cover bolt downs tonight.....Hay Grim ,I was told theres two versions of this kit?? One for painting=my kit and the one you dont paint/leave it wood grain finish=your boat...If thats true then joe wants to get the kit you got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust me Bill I will be planning to build more wooden boats in the future=this year...it a way its kind of fun building..bring back memories of wood shop in high school.Bill I want to thankyou again for the eagel kit...now my boyfriend want to build an eagel too ....I did copied those JAG and kep rigger plans...thinking to build one of them soon... then Build a scale is what I'm trying to shooting for this year...I will be posting progress pic shortly...working one cowl latch and that center cover bolt downs tonight.....Hay Grim ,I was told theres two versions of this kit?? One for painting=my kit and the one you dont paint/leave it wood grain finish=your boat...If thats true then joe wants to get the kit you got.

Nessa,

There has been and was only one version of the kit.

The one I have is the same as the one you have!

Take care and great job on the build

Grim

Nessa,

There has been and was only one version of the kit.

The one I have is the same as the one you have!

Take care and great job on the build

Grim
the reson why I'd asked is because I see no dark monhogany in your build like mine has....I took alittle break on my boat was helping my boyfriend on his boat.. now I'm getting back to my eagle..Now its sanding time.. will post pics in a day or two..

Nice work Nessa. Your boat looks great.
thankyou.. ok I'd been strugling on putting rear tailfins and wing on this boat..Well I'm going to do it..talked to couple of guys about it..told me it wouldnt hurt,might even help it...Now I'd tought this hull and cowl design look so fimilar,looks like the 87 miss bud..got to still sand the hull abit and its ready to epoxy coat it..I'm picking up a rossi.45 for it too..

thankyou.. ok I'd been strugling on butting rear tailfins and wing on this boat..Well I'm going to do it..talked to couple of guys about it..told me it wouldnt hurt,might even help it...Now I'd tought this hull and cowl design look so fimilar,looks like the 87 miss bud..got to still sand the hull abit and its ready to epoxy coat it..I'm picking up a rossi.45 for it too..
I like that old MRP Miss Bud. brings back some memories.

thankyou.. ok I'd been strugling on butting rear tailfins and wing on this boat..Well I'm going to do it..talked to couple of guys about it..told me it wouldnt hurt,might even help it...Now I'd tought this hull and cowl design look so fimilar,looks like the 87 miss bud..got to still sand the hull abit and its ready to epoxy coat it..I'm picking up a rossi.45 for it too..
Ive still got one! It has the stickers that says "Jim Kropfeld" on the cockpit sides..I actually ran it about a year ago..had to buy a coupla new 6 cell battery packs to run it!

Ive still got one! It has the stickers that says "Jim Kropfeld" on the cockpit sides..I actually ran it about a year ago..had to buy a coupla new 6 cell battery packs to run it!
lucky bummer.. I've been wanting one for along time since high school.. missed out on two of them,,dam..I'm getting a second eagel and will do the miss bud paint scheam on that one..both hulls looks to darn close to the bud..

So, have you gotten the tails mounted yet? This is what makes building a wood boat very different than simply modding a glass hull. You need to plan ahead and make allowances for possible design changes. That is one of the main reasons it takes me longer to build a boat, planning ahead and figuring out where everything is going to go and how I'm going to mount/attach other parts BEFORE I start slapping on the epoxy.

I think the top priority when running wings on any boat is how easily one can replace/ repair AFTER one blows the boat over, and or how to allow the wings to seperate from the boat without damage to the wing or the boat...thats the part i dread with my 60 scale Pak...when it comes to blowovers or rollovers, its not if its when!! :rolleyes: :blink: :)

I think the top priority when running wings on any boat is how easily one can replace/ repair AFTER one blows the boat over, and or how to allow the wings to seperate from the boat without damage to the wing or the boat...thats the part i dread with my 60 scale Pak...when it comes to blowovers or rollovers, its not if its when!! :rolleyes: :blink: :)
Hey Bill on my 1/8 scale Pak. I used those threaded barrel inserts inside the fin uprights like in the directions, and I made a small cut in the side of my nylon screws to facialiate the head shearing off more easier in case of a hit.

That will save the wing, but not hardmounted tails. Hard mounted tails would still either break off or take part of the deck with them, depending on how they are mounted.

That will save the wing, but not hardmounted tails. Hard mounted tails would still either break off or take part of the deck with them, depending on how they are mounted.

What i think would be the the best of both worlds is for the entire cowl to seperate from the hull...wing and all....perhaps a set of magnets just the right strength...i dont know...its a tough one to figure out.... :rolleyes:

HJ. for one I would mount them like the scale guys done to there boats.. tailfins would be bolted with two nylon screws... so if it flips over there screws would snap off without doing harm the the top deck..And Hj I'd tought way ahead of you...before I put the top skins on it ,I did put a hard mount/stuffener for tails fins wing mount up..If I'd changed my mind on mounting them...Joe did that to his oberto gas...Bill that could be an idea on the entire cowl tailfins wing mounted together...Since your on here Bill.. What the advarage weight of a sport40 are weighing at??

HJ. for one I would mount them like the scale guys done to there boats.. tailfins would be bolted with two nylon screws... so if it flips over there screws would snap off without doing harm the the top deck..And Hj I'd tought way ahead of you...before I put the top skins on it ,I did put a hard mount/stuffener for tails fins wing mount up..If I'd changed my mind on mounting them...Joe did that to his oberto gas...Bill that could be an idea on the entire cowl tailfins wing mounted together...Since your on here Bill.. What the advarage weight of a sport40 are weighing at??
Miss Hydro, i honestly dont know for sure, but ill weigh my SS45 and ill let you know...several people have picked up my boat in the past and commented that it felt pretty light...my guess is that mine would be somewhere about the avereage with other boats as i dont really build anything deliberatly to be light...i try to build my boats to be strong enough to take a pounding! :)

Back