info on dumas sport40 eagel kit...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Misshydro, why didn't you tell Bill why you wanted the boat kit? Do you recognise this from your own website thread?

Ok guys I'm building a dumas sport40 wood hydro kit...I'm doning this to prove some guys wrong,that I can build wooden boats...Its about close to half way built...its been about a week into

Seems to me that you took the kit on false pretences, as it was offered in a gift exchange thread, not a free "one-up" one. I think this is another good example of why others should let you build this kit WITHOUT HELP
HJ,,I'm not going to stoop to your level...If you dont have anything nice to say ?Then stay out of my thread....I'm hear to talk and learn about building boats..not to hear you trashing me...

Stoop to my level? I think not. I got that off YOUR THREAD IN YOUR FORUM that you probably went over and deleted as soon as you finished posting here. I believe that also explains why you want the Eagle done yesterday as well. You want to get it done before I can get a boat finished, not that I care. As far as I'm concerned, building a kit is something anyone can do. Try building from plans and really show us something. BTW, in case you didn't notice, I never cut you down in either of these posts, I presented evidence to ulterior motives and asked two questions that you refused to answer. I leave judgement to the others that read this thread as I'm done with you. Epoxy sealing a Sullivan fuel tank? What a joke :lol:

http://misshydro.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sport&action=display&thread=75

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoop to my level? I think not. I got that off YOUR THREAD IN YOUR FORUM that you probably went over and deleted as soon as you finished posting here. I believe that also explains why you want the Eagle done yesterday as well. You want to get it done before I can get a boat finished, not that I care. As far as I'm concerned, building a kit is something anyone can do. Try building from plans and really show us something. BTW, in case you didn't notice, I never cut you down in either of these posts, I presented evidence to ulterior motives and asked two questions that you refused to answer. I leave judgement to the others that read this thread as I'm done with you. Epoxy sealing a Sullivan fuel tank? What a joke :lol:

If you'd looked at what santa brought you for christmas thread,you morron.. I did mentioned I got them from waters christmas thread!!!

The proublem is your jellious!!!!.. I got my boat alittle over have built in a short time,unlike your 7+ boat that are 4 years old and uncompleted..and I bet there will never see water.. :lol: Your the joke.... :D

If you'd looked at what santa brought you for christmas thread,you morron.. I did mentioned I got them from waters christmas thread!!! The proublem is your jellious!!!!.. I got my boat alittle over have built in a short time,unlike your 7+ boat that are 4 years old and uncompleted..
this is the start of something new...lol and the best part is my side almost split reading the last 3 posts by hj...lol please keep this going , it is getting really intresting.

tk

If you'd looked at what santa brought you for christmas thread,you morron.. I did mentioned I got them from waters christmas thread!!! The proublem is your jellious!!!!.. I got my boat alittle over have built in a short time,unlike your 7+ boat that are 4 years old and uncompleted..
this is the start of something new...lol and the best part is my side almost split reading the last 3 posts by hj...lol please keep this going , it is getting really intresting.

tk
OH GOD! Here we go again........ITS JUST A HOBBY PEOPLE! Maybe i shoulda just kept the **** kit..... :rolleyes:

ok this site wont let my upload th pics.. so heres alink to RCU website.. never had a proublem uploading pics on that site..Heres my eagel thread with pics..http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9419949/tm.htm

The fuel tank size depends on the motor and nitro % (higher nitro>>>>richer needle>>>more fuel burned). If you run a MAC 45 on 60% fuel, 12 oz will run out on lap 4........ LOL. Seriously 15 oz is what I run in my MAC45 powered hulls. I also start at 1:30 on the clock.

The anks are best if put exactly on the CG so it does not change with fuel burn, hence the saddle tanks on either side of the motor.

I run a Mac 45 in my PT sport 40, 14 oz tank.....MAN! Its CLOSE! Wouldnt mind having another ounce or two! Need to stick a hopper tank in it if i could find a place to put it!Same deal on the start time...
man having a hard time loading pics tonight...wont loadup for me...well I'd knocked the front helper runner down,it about 1/8 tall thats with 1/16 ply on it,from the main sponson runners....Plus I'd knock out the floor where the drain pan set at too..now I wont have to worry about fly wheel or belt being to close to the floor anymore..No going to skin it this weekend.. just going to finish the insides and make those hatches,if I run those saddle tanks setup......
Are you out of upload space? Try managing you pics in your profile.

pics of mine
yours looks great grim!!! Yes I do have my helper pads grounded down wright...now after I'd looked at yours.. :D Looks like your running a front fuel tank too...maybe I better retink this thing on fuel tank location?..Grim I did keeped that drain/valley pan on the bottom..was told it a great cheap cheat..took out the wood above it.. now its a deep pan,no more worries about flywheel and belt being to close to the floor..tnrcboatracer..I used to upload the pics to photobucket then go to rcu and post them on there site.. then copie from rcu to save on my computer...pic link wont work.. was doing them threw attach this file at the bottom..now it wont do it,say the file is to big.. :( was working wright until tom changed the site again to this green thream... :( cant even loadup a link eighter,keeps saying link is broken when you click to that link I'd posted.. :(

Glad to see you putting in hatches. Rememer those are not necessarily dry stores for the tanks so make sure everything around them is glued good so nothing leaks into the next bay. Check your seams there.

I was looking through my eagle pics and I don't know how much you've thought about hardware yet but found a large size Octura cast aluminum rudder bracket fits on the transom. Might be very close on getting nuts to clear because some of the inside bottom is raised from the doubler plate, but could be a possibilty for you and the size of it seems to match the hull pretty good. I bought speedmaster for mine so thats what my hull is cut for, this came with an auction.

Us54447.jpg

MissHydro, the "insert image" function worked using the file properties from rcuniverse.

MissHydro, the "insert image" function worked using the file properties from rcuniverse.
like to know how to do that..got my other one working..did know theres like a fuel gage for pics files and I cleared them out..Ok as it looks,I got the wrong dang fuel tanks!!! from the pics/blue print it looked like a sullivan oz slant tank..I might be able to make the ss-8 work...The ones that are suposed to be in it are the so-8..wondering if they are the soft tanks?.. Grim did you plum the water cooling outlet like its in the instructions? out the left sponsons side???heres what I got done so far,,need to cut blue foam for floation and two miner things and I'm ready to skin it...also been bizzy working on my aeromarine rigger..

Sullivan S.O. tanks are oval when looking at the end. I put my water outlet just like the instructions. It is forward of everything and out of the way. Any place behind the transom of the sponsons will be hard to see if your getting water.

Sullivan S.O. tanks are oval when looking at the end. I put my water outlet just like the instructions. It is forward of everything and out of the way. Any place behind the transom of the sponsons will be hard to see if your getting water.
Ok I'm ready to skin the top...Just got done finishing the insides ..foamed up for floatation too..lucky one of my ministers from my church that does construction work=free foam for floatation or forming..going to skin it tomarrow...I'm replacing the tanks in the morning before skinning it..

Back