IMPBA Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Don, I went to both 98 and 99 Internats in Huntsville. I was almost US1 after winning Fmono oval trials. You can say I was US2 behind Oscar. I remember Allen, he was still a "pup" but I sure don't remember you. Did you race? Is that the only Internat you have ever attended? Some of the best ones I have attended were the ones CDd by Mr Londress in Huntsville, along with the ones in Atlanta, Evansville and Jackson. Don 98/99 Internats was almost 10 years ago very nice races. I remember Dick and his wife, Bill, Kernodle, Kris, Lupe, Harry, along with Ralph helping in the pits and many others. Sorry I don't remember you. Don it is not the beginning of the end. RC boat racing is becoming more of a leasure rather than a racing sport. Thats the present legacy and don't like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jose I remember Don and Steve Sutton very well and all of the work and effort they both put into the 99 Internats with Dick and Tom and allot of other great helpers including the guys from Texas < FL and others it was a great group effort.

Hey Don, I went to both 98 and 99 Internats in Huntsville. I was almost US1 after winning Fmono oval trials. You can say I was US2 behind Oscar. I remember Allen, he was still a "pup" but I sure don't remember you. Did you race? Is that the only Internat you have ever attended? Some of the best ones I have attended were the ones CDd by Mr Londress in Huntsville, along with the ones in Atlanta, Evansville and Jackson. Don 98/99 Internats was almost 10 years ago very nice races. I remember Dick and his wife, Bill, Kernodle, Kris, Lupe, Harry, along with Ralph helping in the pits and many others. Sorry I don't remember you.

Hey Guys,

I race in Namba so I really do not understand the US1 titlte. Does a racer collect points from oval racing, then straight line and then from 2-lap, Then does the racer with the most points from 3 catagories win a US1 title?

At the end of the day isn't it still BOAT RACING?

Why does the course have to be certified in order to race straightline and oval, why not just make it as big as the host pond/lake will allow or do you set records there as well?

It seems to me at any National/International event that the best still come out on top with very few exceptions.

I know with the sites becoming less available and less people stepping forward to due the work that change is neccesary and inevitable. We here in our district have lost two race sites in two years and we have had to race on a slightly smaller cousre, but we made the change in order to keep racing. We could have buried our heads in the sand and said ITS TOO SMALL, but that would have destroyed our racing. So we sucked it up, made some changes and moved on.

I know I do not belong to IMPBA but I hope you guys find a site and people for 07 NO MATTER WHAT FORMAT is used. Hey if not our "NATIONAL CHAMPIONS " will be crowned in California in July, 07. Come and join us if you want.

Robert Holland

P.S. Let the bashing begin B) B)

Hey Guys,

I race in Namba so I really do not understand the US1 titlte. Does a racer collect points from oval racing, then straight line and then from 2-lap, Then does the racer with the most points from 3 catagories win a US1 title?

At the end of the day isn't it still BOAT RACING?

Why does the course have to be certified in order to race straightline and oval, why not just make it as big as the host pond/lake will allow or do you set records there as well?

It seems to me at any National/International event that the best still come out on top with very few exceptions.

I know with the sites becoming less available and less people stepping forward to due the work that change is neccesary and inevitable. We here in our district have lost two race sites in two years and we have had to race on a slightly smaller cousre, but we made the change in order to keep racing. We could have buried our heads in the sand and said ITS TOO SMALL, but that would have destroyed our racing. So we sucked it up, made some changes and moved on.

I know I do not belong to IMPBA but I hope you guys find a site and people for 07 NO MATTER WHAT FORMAT is used. Hey if not our "NATIONAL CHAMPIONS " will be crowned in California in July, 07. Come and join us if you want.

Robert Holland

P.S. Let the bashing begin B) B)
Well said Robert.

Back