?????????HYDRO MASTERS????????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu,

How are we going to run this electric VS nitro racing? The electrics have to lauch when we do (about the 1:45-1:30 mark on the starting clock) and if they stop for any reason, they're done, right? There won't be any 9-starts or shutting down and sitting just shy of the start-finish line waiting for the clock to run out, right?

They should be pretty easy lap after their cells run out.......... :p

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

How are we going to run this electric VS nitro racing? The electrics have to lauch when we do (about the 1:45-1:30 mark on the starting clock) and if they stop for any reason, they're done, right? There won't be any 9-starts or shutting down and sitting just shy of the start-finish line waiting for the clock to run out, right?
we do not have to start when you do at 1:30 or 1:45

per the rules we have to be running (turn the boat on) and on our way to the water at the 30 sec mark.. same as you guys.. as long as your boats running by 30 secs your good to go.

at the internats we tossed in most time around 25 seconds or so and do a full course mill just like you.

no one there had a problem with it because it was following the rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Brad,

They should be pretty easy lap after their cells run out.........
LOL, me thinks you didn't attend the Internats. ;) As I recall Kelly held off the nitro and gas boats for 5 1/2 laps in one round of open mono. I went deck to deck with a nitro boat for a couple laps until I stuffed it in a corner. :wacko: Oh ya, I also missed taking third podeum in open cat by 75 points.(bouy cuts kill ya, lol)

Don't worry, we know how the "game" goes. B)

Paul.

Anyone still wanting to enter the Masters just email me at [email protected] so we can get the heat sheets set up and you can pay at the pond, as not all people had a fair shot at the flyer. As for the electric/nitro mixed heats, the rules will be as at the nats, as long as the boat is off the stand and at the water they can launch whenever, as the start is still the same. The only heats that will use the figure 9 will be the open electric, and that is open for change. The1/8 scale boats will be run as nitro, then electric, with a special heat or two on sunday to see who has watt, but for the points series it will be nitro only. The open tunnel, mono and unlimited will be mixed. The course is set, and open water on friday will be available as soon as we get set up. The east end of the field has been filled in with new mud, so Do not attempt to drive thru it, go past the light and turn in at the west entry. Anyone needing directions or info can call me at 727.8769(317).

Paul, Brooks,

I'm just stirrin' the snot a bit. As long as a prop is in the water, I've got no problem with it.

I do have to re-state this though: I would inforce the fact that if the boat comes to a stop, you're done. This is obviously up to the CD, however.........

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

I do have to re-state this though: I would inforce the fact that if the boat comes to a stop, you're done. This is obviously up to the CD, however.........
for safety of all boats on the course I 100% agree

I guess I would say ask the guys at the internats there thoughts about how we did with starts. We are not trying to cheat or ask for special favors we just want to race.. boats are boats.. we all brothers in a hobby just trying to have fun. I just want to race against some stiff comptition.. can't get better racing yourself

So you are running the electirc and nitro in the same heats.
in open mono, open tunnel and special 1/8th scale heat or heats yes

Brad Christy said:
Paul, Brooks,
I'm just stirrin' the snot a bit. As long as a prop is in the water, I've got no problem with it.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

112174[/snapback]

Brad, We got it covered, all the electric guys know that if it stops, its done.

Brad Christy said:
Paul, Brooks,
Brad,

What is the concern unless your racing in the same class with the electric powered hulls? Unless your racing your in the open class you have no worries about stopping and starting on the course.

brooks93 said:
thanks Bruce for the class change
112184[/snapback]

Bruce and the Indy club know how to put on a great race,

I'm sure addin some Electric into the mix will make it even

more interesting, heck, aren't the Hughey boys from there?

Paul and Kelly, bring your best, I'm sure you will and you'll

need it!

It is an additional class that we will host. Originally it was for twins, but last year we did this and allowed ANY boat to participate. A "twin" did not win this class, but you will have to ask Harry Gerhart about that.

Hey stu,

I have a proposal.. IF a electirc boat wins. maybe we should all chip in for a gas card for them. since they will be OUT OF BATTERIES and not have ENOUGH JUICE to make it home LOL!!!!!!!!!

chris

Hey Guys,

I have a proposal.. IF a electirc boat wins. maybe we should all chip in for a gas card for them. since they will be OUT OF BATTERIES and not have ENOUGH JUICE to make it home LOL!!!!!!!!!
Man O' man, I can see some eyes gettin' opened when you get spanked by an FE boat. :lol: Don't worry guys, I'll bring a big bag of crying towels for ya. B)

Paul.

Paul,

I hope you do your best because we have some of the best oval racers coming in for this race. I am respect of all and good luck to all. By the way, the port-a lets will be close to the pits for you to be presentable again.

Back