Grand Prix Classic: World Challenge... Show and Tell

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this year's reboot of the Grand Prix Classic participants got to partake in a variety of new experiences. First the venue was moved to Lake Minden Camping Resort that provides grassy camp grounds with full hook-ups along with cabins on-site just across the lake. They were treated with a full breakfast that included Biscuits and Gravy, Pancakes and Sausage or Bacon and Eggs. That was then followed up with lunch that included deluxe Cheesburgers, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Polish Dogs and Chicken Sandwiches along with French Fries. And that was capped off with Grilled Tri-Tip, Macaroni and Cheese, Salad and a variety of Fruits for Desert.

But aside from the good eating I had hoped the event would provide our participants to show some things not many people get to see. We had 6 foot electric catamaran that was fun to watch but the show stopper was a portable, fully functional and accurate DynoMeter that can be used for gas, nitro and even electric motors. From what I understand there are few out there that exist and even fewer if any that are accurate enough to be useful. At least none you can find in any online video anyway.

The Dyno was built and assembled by an old timer that attended the race. He is apprehensive about the internet so he only allowed me to video tape his demonstration if I didn't show him in the video. So out of respect for his privacy his name is not mentioned. Hoep you like it though. Thought a lot of you would get a kick out of it.

Some very cool engineering went into that, wonder where the water brake came from?
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back