The 6th Annual Gary Johnson Grand Prix Classic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pictures from the Grand Prix....

Our district 9 President Dave Bestpitch in the retrieve boat...

DaveBestpitch.jpg

hot pits

Boats.jpg

BoatersStartYourEngines.jpg

Dave Osman with some of his raffle prizes

DaveOsmanHiTec.jpg

Dave Bestpitch and Troy Davis at dinner

DaveandTroyDavis.jpg

Alfred Lanza and Vince Henderson at dinner

AlfredLanzaandVinceHenderson.jpg

Christian Lanza after winning Round 1 of B Mod

ChristianLanzaRacing.jpg

ChristianhappyafterhiswinofRound1.jpg

ChristianandAlfredLanza.jpg

Chris and Mark Grim

ChrisandMarkGrim.jpg

Wild Bill Batara and his lovely Wife Bernie - cooking up some yummy mexican food

BillBataraandBernieSanchezcookingup.jpg

Joel Johnson son of Gary Johnson

JoelJohnsonsonofGaryJohnson.jpg

Joel Johnson judging

JoelJudging.jpg

A gift from The Tuttles for Joel Johnson (this boat was made by Joel's father Gary for Joel and years later it is back in his posession....Thanks Tuttles!!!!

JoelJohnsonsBoat.jpg

Jim Wilson on the mic

JimWilsonontheMic.jpg

Jim Garidel with some Traxxas Decals

JimGaridel.jpg

Jim Bird with his prizes

JimBirdHiTech.jpg

JimBird.jpg

Me (Jennie Lanza) and Leanne Osman - she was a reallly big help to me this weekend in keeping the scoring and judges stand running smoothly...Thanks Leanne!

JennieandLeanne.jpg

Double Trouble.....Jeff Wells and Lorenzo Martinez.....

JeffWellsandLorenzoMartinez.jpg

Jeff Brown trying to master the art of chopsticks...

JeffBrowntryingtomastertheartofchop.jpg

Jeff & Chris Brown

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/mes...dChrisBrown.jpg

Dave Bestpitch thought it would be funny to tell the restaurant that it was Alfred's Birthday...... SURPRISE!!!

HappyBirthdayAlfred.jpg

Happy Birthday Alfred!.....NOT!

HappyBirthdayAlfredNOT.jpg

Tag Team and RTR Winner Joel Johnson

TagTeamandRTRWinnerJoelJohnson.jpg

Sport 40 II Winners

Sport40IIWinners.jpg

Tuttles Take All in Sport 21

Sport21akaTuttlesTakeAll.jpg

Spectators...

Spectators2.jpg

Spectators1.jpg

Scale Winners

ScaleWInners.jpg

Sammy Joya and Christian Lanza

SammyandChristianGPC.jpg

Roger on the mic

Rogeronthemic.jpg

Will Gallagher and one of his prizes

WillGallagherBocaBearings.jpg

Will Gallagher and Shannon Muth at dinner

WillGallagherandShannonMuth.jpg

What our Sunday morning looked like....we're not afraid of no stinkin' rain!!!!! (actually I took this picture of Roger and Alfred setting up from INSIDE my nice warm RV...but I did come out shortly after LoL!)

WhatourSundayMorninglookedlike.jpg

Twin winners

TwinWinners.jpg

Troy Davis helping out on the mic

TroyDavis.jpg

Martinez and Lanza's BETTER HALVES......Tina & Jennie =0)

TinaMartinezandJennieLanza.jpg

Reports from our local newspapers came out to feature our event. Chris Brown, Vince Henderson and Mark Grim made the front of the local news...and of course always the favorite, gotta have a picture of Jeff Harteau's NEMO BOAT!!!

TheReportersfromtheBulletingandtheA.jpg

Nemo Boat Owner - Jeff Harteau and his wife Tammy

TheHarteaus.jpg

The Future of Namba District 9 - Gabriel Martinez and Christian Lanza

TheFutureofNambaGabrielMartinezandC.jpg

Alfred Lanza & Roger Hooks Jr....Founders of the Grand Prix Classic

TheFoundersofGrandPrixClassic.jpg

RogerHooksJr.jpg

Roger Hooks Jr and Jeff Harteau at Dinner

RogerandJeffHarteau.jpg

Always calm COOL and collected.....the oh so smooth....Roger Hooks Jr.

Roger.jpg

Our GPC Boys

OurGPCRaffleTicketSellers.jpg

Mark and Kim Grim

MarkandKimGrim.jpg

Lorenzo and Tina Martinez

LorenzoandTinaMartinez.jpg

Lohring always smiling....

Lohring.jpg

The Lanza Race Trailer

LanzaRaceTrailer.jpg

Judges stand

JudgesStand.jpg

Judges.jpg

JoelJudging.jpg

Christian selling tickets (i think he's happy cause I just told him he's going to make some $$ from his dad for helping out! - Xbox 360 here we come!)

GetYourTickets.jpg

Gary Crawford and Henry Velasco

GaryCrawfordandHenryVelasco.jpg

G1 Sport Winners

G1SportWinners.jpg

G1 Cat Winners

G1CatWinners.jpg

Don Osman

DonOsman.jpg

Don Maher and Dave Bestpitch at dinner

DonMaherandDaveBestpitch.jpg

Dennis Bird

DennisBird.jpg

B Mod Winners - Dylan Frentzel reppin' the YAY A-R-E-A!!!!!!!!!! with his Yellow Bus Boat....

BModWinners.jpg

B Mod

BModTunnelRound1.jpg

Alfred paying some of the GPC Crew

Alfredpayshisworkers.jpg

Alfred & Jennie Lanza ( I just told Alfred he'll be paying for a spa day reallllllll soon for all my hard work...Happy Wife, Happy Life, Right??) =0)

AlfredandJennieLanza.jpg

AlfrednJennie.jpg

Alfred and his Heartbreakers Scale

AlfredandhisScale.jpg

Joel Johnson and Alfred Lanza

AlfredandJoelJohnson.jpg

A Mod Winners

AModWinnersJerryDunlapandRayHilburn.jpg

Okay, my work is done here.....like I mentioned before Glenn Burkard will be hopefully uploading closeups of the racing action soon.....

Enjoy and thanks again for coming out!!!! See ya in 2009!

Jennie =0)

As one of the 4 electric boat owners who attended the race I want to send a big THANK YOU to Alfred and the rest of the group for not only doing the race, but letting us electric guys participate. I hope it was as much fun for you as it was for us!! Plus, I think it shows that electric boats can be right in there in the right classes. 4th Place in Scale (Bill Oxidean) was an electric boat!!

Thanks again for a great weekend, and a great event. What are next year's dates :p

I attended the race on Saturday. It was my first race, and it was a Lot of fun.

It was great meeting everyone, and thanks to all who put the race on.

I'm going to put some proper race boats together and I'll be back.

As one of the 4 electric boat owners who attended the race I want to send a big THANK YOU to Alfred and the rest of the group for not only doing the race, but letting us electric guys participate. I hope it was as much fun for you as it was for us!! Plus, I think it shows that electric boats can be right in there in the right classes. 4th Place in Scale (Bill Oxidean) was an electric boat!!
Thanks again for a great weekend, and a great event. What are next year's dates :p

Alfred, Jennie,and Roger... thanks for allowing us to add sport 21 to the race program. It was a blast running with my kids. they had a great time, weather was bad but the racing, food and friendship made it more than bearable. Thanks from the Tuttle clan!

Bob

Alfred, Roger, Everyone, Thanks for holding a great race and letting us electric guys come and play. I had a great time even tho I was sick as a dog with the FLU!

We had a great time meeting and mixing it up with you guys.

I hope we can do it again next year!

Thanks again,

Jenny, Alfred, Roger, and crew, thanks again for holding such a great event despite the rain. The entry list gets bigger each year. NASCAR had to cancel, but the Grand Prix, like the Oscars, went on. Your love plan format is perfect for the season's first race. Some people (not me this year) can get their boats tuned up in the open water and heats to be ready for some good racing in the final. I enjoyed talking to the electric guys who braved the elements to try racing in scale and cat. I think it was a learning experience for all involved. I hope the electric racers can become regulars at other District 9 events. They don't need to wait until 9:00 to fire up.

Lohring Miller

HI Everyone

Once again I am most proud :D of District Nine and Alfred Jenni Roger for putting on the GJGP :D . We all had a great time even with Alfred's hardcore attitude ;) we race even in the rain and wind :lol: I also want to thanks Kyosho "Joel Johson", Henry Velasco, RHT Marine and all the rest of the sponsors for their gifts and continued support of the event. Hearing from the participants at the end "can't wait for next year's race. :) We had racers from many states Oregon Washington Texas and also the District 19 group. Thanks all for a great time. I also want to thank Lorenzo, Tod, Chris, Jeff and Bo for getting me unstuck when sinking in the mud. Sorry no pictures :( . Once again we proved good friends make for a good time and good racing

Dave Bestpitch

NAMBA 98

District 9 Director

Great job Jennie,Alfred, and Roger and to the rest of the staff. Looks like the race is getting bigger and bigger. Must be doing something right if people are willing to come out in the pouring rain and race. We actually got lucky the storm was suppose to be alot bigger. I looked in the local Argus newspaper on sunday it only showed some pictures, but no write up. What other papers were out there? I did talk to a spectator and he told me that he seen an advertisemnet in the tri-cities voice paper. That is how he found the pond. Anyway great show. :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great job by Jenny, Alfred, Roger, Jr., and all the folks who helped out. And, I finally won a first place trophy. :D The weather wasn't the best, but it sure could have been a lot worse. Tag Team made a great decision is shortening the race program because it was sure raining hard while we were on 680 between 1 and 2 p.m.

JD

Between working on boats, socializing and avoiding the rain I didn't take very many pictures this year. Here's a few.

Global warming my a$$ :unsure:

GPC006.jpg

GPC005.jpg

GPC003.jpg

GPC004.jpg

GPC002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back