The 6th Annual Gary Johnson Grand Prix Classic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyosho, Lee Craft and Tag Team racing is proud to present the 6th annual Gary Johnson Grand Prix Classic, brought to you by Aquacraft. This exciting race will take place in Fremont, California at the heart of Silicon Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area on February 23rd and 24th. The weekend will be filled with exciting racing with a full roster of hot boats and fast classes.

If you got the skills bring on the thrills with the RTR Sport Hydro class providing the same close quarter racing we all know and love. In addition to this hot roster we will continue the tradition of our classic event with .20 Modified Tunnel, .40 Modified Tunnel, Sport .40 II, 1/8th Scale Unlimited Hydroplane, (Nitro and Electric) Gas Catamaran, Gas Sport Hydro, and Open Twin Nitro Outrigger.

Come ready to race, have fun and eat lots of great food as we bring you deck to deck, sponson to sponson racing and speeds exceeeding 80 mph. This race attracts some of the best in the nation from national champions to national record holders and every place in between.

AND...

For you R/C Car enthusiast, here is a chance to go head to head with, living legend, Multi-National Champion, World Champion, reigning 1/8th Scale Road Champion, R/C Car Driver and Vice President of Kyosho, Joel "Magic" Johnson. Joel will be in the mix to splash, dash, thrash and give tribute to his late father and fore-father of R/C boating as we know it today, Gary Johnson.

So... If you want to have a good time while watching the best of the best in some knock-down, drag out, all out racing... don't miss the 6th Annual Gary Johnson Grand Prix Classic.

For updates check our website at http:www.grandprixclassic.com.

Come ready to race, have fun and eat lots of great food as we bring you deck to deck, sponson to sponson racing and speeds exceeeding 80 mph. This race attracts some of the best in the nation from national champions to national record holders and every place in between.
It also attracts some older scale drivers with poor vision........The line reads "deck to deck NOT deck on deck!" :lol:

IMG_0078-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have received interest from both RTR and Electric boating enthusiast. Our goal with the Grand Prix Classic is to have fun and if we can fit you into our existing schedule someway somehow you are absolutely welcome. I talked to Alfred and this is what we have come up with so far.

1. We have some electric guys ask us about racing their 1/8th Scale Electrics with the 1/8th Scale Nitro...

Bring it On Baby! Just be sure you can do at least one lap to come to the start plus 6 more so you can finish the race. It would also be good if you had enough juice to cover a penalty or two but that is up to you. If you don't make mistakes you don't have to worry about it.

2. We have some interest from Open Cat Electric guys who want to run their cats with the Gas Cats...

Bring it on. If you think your electric cats can hang with that rough water these gas guzzling cats stir up... more power to you.

3. We have some interest for RTR Boats....

Sign them all up... we will sort them out later.

We are simply aiming to have a good time... and everyone is invited.

BTW - Nice Shot Glenn... and good job to the owners and builders of those boats, Bill Peck (Miss Llumar), Dave Bestpitch (Onwer of the Miss Budweiser) and Jack Walters (The builder who sold it to Dave). If one didn't know better one would think this is a shot of the real boats. You can't even see their antennas.

It also attracts some older scale drivers with poor vision........The line reads "deck to deck NOT deck on deck!" :lol:

IMG_0078-1.jpg

Two of us "old,blind & slow" drivers, Henry Velasco & Don Maher will be there to "see all the action"!!!!!

DON'T MISS THIS ONE. BEST OF DISTRICTS 8, 9 & 19 ARE SURE TO BE THERE!!!!!!!!

Don ;)

Great to have you!!! Missed at the nats. Maybe we will hang out a little longer in the lobby of that restaurant so you can finish that song you started last year at their karoke bar. LOL!

I am one of the FE guys planning on coming. I will have an Aeromarine Avenger Cat and a 1/8th Atlas Van Lines hydro to run. We'll make sure we can run the course and try our hardest to keep up with you guys!! :p

Hopefully I will have my Open mono as well. 44" DF hull called a Sniper :ph34r: . I know there is not a class for these right now, but there may be the chance for perhaps 3 of them to be there, so we'll see what happens. At the very least it would be fun to run it around during the open water times.

BTW - all these boats run on 10S lithium polymer packs ~37 volts.

Maybe we will add an open class just for fun... allowing people to run whatever doesn't fit into the existing roster

Like I said we aim to please.

I am one of the FE guys planning on coming. I will have an Aeromarine Avenger Cat and a 1/8th Atlas Van Lines hydro to run. We'll make sure we can run the course and try our hardest to keep up with you guys!! :p
Hopefully I will have my Open mono as well. 44" DF hull called a Sniper :ph34r: . I know there is not a class for these right now, but there may be the chance for perhaps 3 of them to be there, so we'll see what happens. At the very least it would be fun to run it around during the open water times.

BTW - all these boats run on 10S lithium polymer packs ~37 volts.

IMG_0078-1.jpg
I did say spososn to sponson though... So I think this qualifies.

Hey....

I've heard a that a few of our West Coast guys has made it over to the other side of the pond and raced in IMPBA on a few occassions. How come we never see any of those guys come visit in these parts?

Great to have you!!! Missed at the nats. Maybe we will hang out a little longer in the lobby of that restaurant so you can finish that song you started last year at their karoke bar. LOL!
Roger, Would love to hang out with you & the whole gang at the bar!, But if I sing they are sure to call the cops, because they will think someone is being murdered :p :lol: :D

Don :)

Some of us FE guys are really looking forward to comming out an running with you guys. At this point we have 4 to 5 guys and about 10+ boats.

Randy, Socal-Bill, Jan, Norcal-Bill, and myself and maybe Roger N. from up north..

We should have 3 to 5 1/8th scales, 3 to 4 open cats, 2 to 3 open monos or more.

Please let us know when we can sign up!

Fun Fun,

Guys, I spoke with Alfred today about adding sport 21 to 2008 grand prix race. I am going to donate the trophy for the class, maybe some other stuff as well. So make sure when you enter the race enter your sport 20 boats, and race them on the fast water.

Bob Tuttle

Looks like my son, Paul, will be able to get some time off so we can do the "Father/Son" I-5 road trip again. Should be able to bring down 2 20 Tunnels, 2 40 Tunnels, 2 RTR Miss Vegas hydros(sorry, Lorenzo but if you want to defend your RTR title you're going to need to find/buy another boat), and 1 Sport 20.

Update the website Roger, or should I just use the 2007 entry form?

JD

Looks like my son, Paul, will be able to get some time off so we can do the "Father/Son" I-5 road trip again. Should be able to bring down 2 20 Tunnels, 2 40 Tunnels, 2 RTR Miss Vegas hydros(sorry, Lorenzo but if you want to defend your RTR title you're going to need to find/buy another boat), and 1 Sport 20.

JD
Great to hear you guys can make it. I see you suckered your son into driving again huh? :lol:

I will be updating the site this week.

JD
Great to hear you guys can make it. I see you suckered your son into driving again huh? :lol:

I will be updating the site this week.
The only time Paul doesn't like driving my truck is if we get into snow in the mountains. Other than that, he'd just as soon be the driver as the passenger. However, I have no problem what so ever just sitting there and watching the country side roll past.

JD

Be sure to post when you have the entry forms updated. I know some of us are wanting to get signed up asap!

2008 is going to be a great year!

Just curious, are you willing to let us guys with larger E-Cats run in the open cat class??

If so, should we just check that class and note that we are E-powered??

Thanks

Latest posts

Back