10th Annual Gary Johnson Grand Prix Classic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger

Check the website email for Brian and my entries. The check is in the mail (Well, the electronic mail.) The bad news is that Brian has an electric Topspeed III and an XT-460 that's really fast if he can keep it on the water. I think there is a possibility of a return to the good old days of tunnel racing. He's also rushing to finish a new thunderboat. Both of us have upgraded our thunderboats to Mike Hughes turn fins. Maybe I'll be brave enough to go inside that dead boat this year.

Lohring Miller

Roger

Check the website email for Brian and my entries. The check is in the mail (Well, the electronic mail.) The bad news is that Brian has an electric Topspeed III and an XT-460 that's really fast if he can keep it on the water. I think there is a possibility of a return to the good old days of tunnel racing. He's also rushing to finish a new thunderboat. Both of us have upgraded our thunderboats to Mike Hughes turn fins. Maybe I'll be brave enough to go inside that dead boat this year.

Lohring Miller
BTW I checked the hotel to see if I could get a special group rate. Your name came up and they could not match the rate you got so if there are other interested in lodging you may want to share your source for the good rate.

I gave them the choice of AAA or AARP. (It's true, I'm a card carrying dirty old man.) I think the AAA rate was the best.

Lohring Miller

Last edited:
I'm putting the finishing touches on my electric 1/8 scale, and Brian just finished painting his new thunderboat. We will need a lot of test time to sort everything out, but that's what this season opening race is all about. It's also my favorite place to reconnect with the west coast racers.

See you all soon

Lohring Miller

I'm putting the finishing touches on my electric 1/8 scale, and Brian just finished painting his new thunderboat. We will need a lot of test time to sort everything out, but that's what this season opening race is all about. It's also my favorite place to reconnect with the west coast racers.

See you all soon

Lohring Miller
Rain or Shine the die hard boaters are slowly filing in. Unfortunately it was mostly rain today but tomorrow should be a little bit more clear with it clearing up quite a bit for Sunday racing. We run a pretty lose ship at the Grand Prix Classic as it is the first race of the year for many so our focus is to get people up and running and having a good time. If your in the Cali area it's not to late to pack your bags. We'll keep the gate open for yah. Happy Boating.

Sadly Teds RV is under 10" of snow and stuck in his yard ... so our home for the weekend is not going to happen, camping in the mud is not an option.

See you guys at Minden in 2 weeks for the chris brown memorial race.

See you all soon

Lohring Miller
Rain or Shine the die hard boaters are slowly filing in. Unfortunately it was mostly rain today but tomorrow should be a little bit more clear with it clearing up quite a bit for Sunday racing. We run a pretty lose ship at the Grand Prix Classic as it is the first race of the year for many so our focus is to get people up and running and having a good time. If your in the Cali area it's not to late to pack your bags. We'll keep the gate open for yah. Happy Boating.

So unfortunately this time the rain won. At least for today anyway. I stopped in to drop off some stuff and see some folks and the rain definitely had the upper hand. Tomorrow should be sunny.

yes..we were soaked...

but they got one round in, (means three rounds left today..woohoo!) not to mention it was great to reconnect with our friends from WA....

thanx Jennie for the stack of pizza's...(if your curious about Jennie's race hosting skills..she is easily followed on facebook according to Bestpitch...wen did dave become computer literate?...im completely baffled, yes it was great to see u too Dave :) ....mebbe jesse was the one who sed that...im confused

just like old times eating pizza in a torrential rainstorm crowded under Alfred's tent...thank god some things never change :)

Last edited by a moderator:
However, Sunday was really great. Brian and I had a great time. Brian showed everyone what electric boats can do with his win in A Mod Tunnel and his really fast B tunnel. Too bad the days of the nitro B Mod Tunnels are mostly past so we couldn't run the class. Then he got his thunderboat running with help from Alfred Lanza's new short block engine. He had way too much fun racing Alfred until they finally wrecked, letting Eric Osman win. There was some good racing in the Cat and Sport Hydro classes as well. My boats suffered from too little preparation, but I now know what I need to fix.

We'll be back.

Lohring Miller

Here's some photos from Sunday...

http://s1217.photobu...Prix%20Classic/

1/8 scale main...only had my phone..sorry about the video quality

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dq8FBaLWe7o

However, Sunday was really great. Brian and I had a great time. Brian showed everyone what electric boats can do with his win in A Mod Tunnel and his really fast B tunnel. Too bad the days of the nitro B Mod Tunnels are mostly past so we couldn't run the class. Then he got his thunderboat running with help from Alfred Lanza's new short block engine. He had way too much fun racing Alfred until they finally wrecked, letting Eric Osman win. There was some good racing in the Cat and Sport Hydro classes as well. My boats suffered from too little preparation, but I now know what I need to fix.

We'll be back.

Lohring Miller

Last edited by a moderator:

We'll be back.

Lohring Miller

Lohring, Would that A mod boat of Brians happen to be a TopSpeed 3? :D

Grim

Of course the A boat was a TS 3, but his B tunnel was a Leecraft, LOL

Lohring Miller

Took me a while to find this site and then to register but I wanted to thank everyone who was at the event. Just being a spectator was great, and got my juices going. My friend even won the raffle which was a nice finishing touch! By way of thanks I've attached some pictures from the Sunday, more at the link.

Thanks,

Budding Boater

http://public.fotki.com/sfsjkid/radio-control-stuff/fremont-boats/

View attachment 25435View attachment 25436View attachment 25437
Thanks for coming out Frank and thanks for the pictures. Hopefully we see you out there again... maybe even with a boat.

Hey Roger,

I can't promise when I'll pull the trigger but I have been looking at the boat sections of web sites recently... :rolleyes:

Regards,

Frank

Latest posts

Back