German 1/4 scale gas tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eddy,I'll end up with the box as far forward as possible.

I'm using flexible cable as a pull,pull system so the box can easily be slid back on a track.

I'll set up the weight just like the Woodstuff Gas tunnel I run now.With no added weight,it runs superb.

I was trying to see what everyone else was doing and trying not to bury the box.

But,it looks like the box will be buried anyway.
Walt, i'll get some pictures this weekend, just got an email from Arian.

I'm using flexible cable as a pull,pull system so the box can easily be slid back on a track.

I'll set up the weight just like the Woodstuff Gas tunnel I run now.With no added weight,it runs superb.

I was trying to see what everyone else was doing and trying not to bury the box.

Super,

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Always something new to learn.

Thanks Paul.

Super,

Thanks Paul.
Got some pictures of Arian setup from Eddy: pic1 pic2 pic3

Super,

Thanks Paul.
Got some pictures of Arian setup from Eddy: pic1 pic2 pic3
Thanks Paul

Thanks for the Pics/Vids Paul! Cool looking stuff for sure.

I will be heading back to Peters this weekend for the next round of boats....

Next three guys in line will have an email/PM coming soon. Thanks!

~James

Paul, I cant see the videos. I dont have (nor want quick time) I tried saving them and opening them as a windows media file, but all I get is sound. Anyother way to view these? are they uploaded on a video host somewhere (youtube, or something else?)

~James

Paul, I cant see the videos. I dont have (nor want quick time) I tried saving them and opening them as a windows media file, but all I get is sound. Anyother way to view these? are they uploaded on a video host somewhere (youtube, or something else?)
~James
Hi James, you need a Xvid driver for windows mediaplayer, can be found here

James,

I watched the vids from Windows Media Player also.Worth the download!

And if you would, when you see Peter, can you find out what they're running for props out there?

I'm running a 6717/3 right now on the Woodstuff. I see 2 blades on the boats in the pics.

Curiousity has the best of me.

Thanks

Paul,

Speaking of the vids and pics, they're awesome!

I see they'll have no problem blowing off the water if not careful.

Yup,that radio box up front is a must.

Thanks for sharing!

~James
James,

I am excited now. I hope I am in the next group.

David

~James

James is going to Berlin, at that weekend there is a gay parade.

Now James what is that with these "guys" ;)

I will see if can convert them to another format and mail these vids to you.

Ronald.

Last edited by a moderator:
James,I watched the vids from Windows Media Player also.Worth the download!

And if you would, when you see Peter, can you find out what they're running for props out there?

I'm running a 6717/3 right now on the Woodstuff. I see 2 blades on the boats in the pics.

Thanks

Paul,

Thanks for sharing!
Walt, if I remember correctly Pete (the white tunnel) was running a stock prather 275. It was the first time he ran this tunnel. It's the old tunnel from Arian, who now has a new one (the grey tunnel). The white on is the one from the movie doing 65+mph. Blowing over was not an issue, spinning out was. It is sensitive to steering, so i talked to Arian about it, maybe to try some stumble blocks.

James,I watched the vids from Windows Media Player also.Worth the download!

Thanks

Paul,

Thanks for sharing!
Walt, if I remember correctly Pete (the white tunnel) was running a stock prather 275. It was the first time he ran this tunnel. It's the old tunnel from Arian, who now has a new one (the grey tunnel). The white on is the one from the movie doing 65+mph. Blowing over was not an issue, spinning out was. It is sensitive to steering, so i talked to Arian about it, maybe to try some stumble blocks.

Hi Pete,

thanks again for the info.

Spinning out could be delt with.I'm not sure if stumble blocks will cure 100% of the problem.

My Woodstuff has stumble blocks under it and I've spun it out and also barrel rolled it a couple of times.

It's like a cat,it's always come to rest right side up. A time or two i just hit the throttle and it was still running. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The spills are spectacular with a tunnel that big. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta love it! :D

Holiday season is right.... I called the CMB factory almost two weeks ago, and was told they are closed until August 28th! 5 weeks the whole factory shuts down....
Americans have a thing or two to learn about vacation!

~James
James,

Have the second group of hulls been shipped? Excited to get mine.

Thanks,

Hey David, yes the second batch went out last week (to you, Kevin, and Rusty). You should see it in a few days. Sorry I didnt email, I have been running around like crazy!

Thanks,

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey David, yes the second batch went out last week (to you, Kevin, and Rusty). You should see it in a few days. Sorry I didnt email, I have been running around like crazy!
Thanks,

~James

Thank you James, very excited to see the hull. I appreciate all your efforts.

100_0484.jpg

100_0483.jpg

100_0507.jpg

100_0504.jpg

100_0497.jpg

Here are some photos of the 2 Jacksonville gas tunnels :D . we hope to run the Emerates boat this week end :rolleyes:

Looks great Tony, I like the scale look of both of them.

How about some radio box pictres out of the Ossi boat??

~James

PS, what did you do to make up for the angled transom and Greg lower unit? I was thinking of milling an angled wedge out of Delrin or Hardwood to bring it up square, but you could also make new angle brackets. What did you do?

Back