German 1/4 scale gas tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey James,

Lookin good.Thanks for the pics.

I don't need the windshield frame at this point.

If I can talk Rusty into it, you know what his windshields look like.Pretty awesome!

Can't wait to rig this baby!

I'd also like to bring it to Flint to see what kind of MPH we can get out of this monster in the fall. But I guess it really isn't an IMPBA class yet is it? We'll see what happens.

And thanks for the props too.

When you're ready,shoot me the bill.

Thanks again,

Walt

Hey Walt, you got it. Im getting a bunch of them when I pick up the next boats.
That sucks about F1 not coming the states! what was the reasoning?

~James
Tony George stated he was loosing his a$$ and Bernie said the USA market wasn't that important.

I was lucky enough to go to 3 of them. Just love the sound of those little motors,never mind there stopping capabilities.

You'll see!

It's here!

The 1st of the Big Tunnels have arrived.

Now the work begins :)

It's here!The 1st of the Big Tunnels have arrived.

Congratulations! How does it look? Please post some build pics when you get started.

Can not wait for mine to arrive. Is it Christmas yet? :)

It's here!The 1st of the Big Tunnels have arrived.

Walt that is one sweet ride is'nt it I know when I unboxed mine it was like some one shrunk a F-1 tunnle and sent it to me. As soon as I can get mine cleared and set up I will try and post some pictures. I will give yaw a hent about the paint scheme I went with lets put it this way I think Scott Gilman would be proud :D

Hello formula 1 friends, here is Peter von Ossis RC Modellbaushop. I am new in your forum. I hope it am very content with my boats. Have much fun thereby. For questions and suggestions I am much grateful.

With best greetings from Germany Peter

My English is not much property. :rolleyes:

Hallo Formel 1 Freunde, Hier ist Peter von Ossis-RC-Modellbaushop. Ich bin neu in Eurem Forum. Ich hoffe Ihr seid sehr zufrieden mit meinen Booten. Habt viel Spass Damit. Für Fragen und Anregungen bin ich sehr Dankbar.

Mit besten Grüßen aus Deutschland Peter

Hello Peter,

Welcome to our group and greetings from America. :)

I would like to thank you for making your boats available over here.

With the help and thanks to James,I have recently received one of your hulls, #075.

It's a great looking boat and you did a very nice job with the glass lay up.

I can't wait to rig this thing, never mind run it. One or 2 more projects to finish up and it's next.

Peter,

If at all possible, could you please post a couple of pics of the radio box area and fuel tank placement.

I'm not sure if I should mount the radio box and fuel tank directly to the floor (hull bottom)using low profile stringers

or build a liner in the hull so nothing touches the bottom, or where for balance.

I'm sure there's a lot of flexing in the hull bottom and I'm concerned about it.

The liner sounds like a good way to go,but I'm curious what everyone else is doing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

And your English will be fine.It's a lot better than my German :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm......

After just studying the boat,It looks like the best idea would be to install a set of siderails in the inside and suspend the radio box from the rails.Also a platform for the fuel tank suspended the same way. That way,I'm guessing when everything is secured in,it will also add a little more strength to the hull without anything touching the bottom.

Now I'm just curious as to where the placement of the radio box and fuel tank should be.

Thanks again!

Hmm......After just studying the boat,It looks like the best idea would be to install a set of siderails in the inside and suspend the radio box from the rails.Also a platform for the fuel tank suspended the same way. That way,I'm guessing when everything is secured in,it will also add a little more strength to the hull without anything touching the bottom.

Now I'm just curious as to where the placement of the radio box and fuel tank should be.

Thanks again!
Walt, from what i've seen on 2 dutch guys who built this boat with an outboard, the put the rc box up in the nose of the boat. I'll look for some pictures. For the fueltank they used an IV bag.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about installing the radio box as far forward as possible to the cockpit without going under.Always need easy access to the box.Than the fuel tank right behind the radio box. The side rails will be an all drilled and tapped aluminum track so I can really move things forward and back easily. If the boat runs too nose light,the fuel tank could easily be moved forward in front of the radio box too. That's about where my Woodstuff gas tunnel runs good (with the fuel tank behind)without adding weight.

I don't add any weight to my Woodstuff,I don't want to have to add any weight to this boat either.The big boats end up heavy enough.

I'm curious how everyone else has done it and where the balance point is on this boat.

Thanks,

PETER, I'm going to have one of your boat, thanks to James, but It'll runing in Maracaibo, Venezuela, South America, something to far of Germany, hehehehehehehe.

I hope your hull run very fast too in this tropicals waters, and maybe My friends wants a lot of your hulls, hehehehehehe

JAMES/PETER, WALTR has an important questions and I would like to see the pictures too.

PETER, I'm going to have one of your boat, thanks to James, but It'll runing in Maracaibo, Venezuela, South America, something to far of Germany, hehehehehehehe.
I hope your hull run very fast too in this tropicals waters, and maybe My friends wants a lot of your hulls, hehehehehehe

JAMES/PETER, WALTR has an important questions and I would like to see the pictures too.
I searched for some pictures but could not find them. I'll ask Arian to take a couple of his tunnel. His rc box is as forward as possible, under the cockpit, for acces he can slide out the rc box.

I searched for some pictures but could not find them. I'll ask Arian to take a couple of his tunnel. His rc box is as forward as possible, under the cockpit, for acces he can slide out the rc box.

Thanks Paul

Hello of friends, I have only pictures of the installation as Inbord, not as outbord variant, since I drive only Inboard.

Greeting Peter

IMG_0198_600x800.jpg

DSC00471_600x_800.jpg

Thank you Peter.

I do see that the radio box on the O/B version pic is tucked all the way up under the cockpit cowl just as Paul had mentioned. Now plan B.

Thanks for the pic.

Walt

Thank you Peter.I do see that the radio box on the O/B version pic is tucked all the way up under the cockpit cowl just as Paul had mentioned. Now plan B.

Thanks for the pic.

Walt
Walt, that's exactly what I meant, this is also one of the Dutch tunnels. I've send him an email, but havn't heard from him. It's holiday season overhere, so my guess is he's on holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holiday season is right.... I called the CMB factory almost two weeks ago, and was told they are closed until August 28th! 5 weeks the whole factory shuts down....

Americans have a thing or two to learn about vacation!

~James

Walt,

I think plan B is not an option, because the outboard and pipe total weight is around 3 kgs = 6,6 lbs

In fact in my DPI the reciever batteries are as far forward as possible.

Eddy

Eddy,

I'll end up with the box as far forward as possible.

I'm using flexible cable as a pull,pull system so the box can easily be slid back on a track.

I'll set up the weight just like the Woodstuff Gas tunnel I run now.With no added weight,it runs superb.

I was trying to see what everyone else was doing and trying not to bury the box.

But,it looks like the box will be buried anyway.

Back