Composit 3.5 lower unit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attaway Jim, you said you were going to come up with an affordable complete engine. Thanks for not giving up.

THANK YOU JACK , ALL CUDOSS ARE APPRECIATED , AS A LOT OF YOU KNOW , I SAID THE SAME WHEN I WAS TALKING TO ROSSI ABOUT THERE MOTORS ,IN LESS THAN 8 WKS THERE PRICING JUMPED UP OVER $100.00 THEY TOLD ME TO PASS IT ON AS EVERY ONE OVER HERE WAS RICH AND HAD A LOT OF MONEY ?? A BIG BULL S---- YOU DONT SEE ME TRYING TO PUSH ANY MORE ROSSI MOTORS DO YOU . WELL I HAD TO GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY BUT I FEEL LIKE I HAVE IT ALL NOW, THEY SEEM TO BE MORE THAN APPRECATIVE AND WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO MAKE YOU SATISFIED .JACK AS I TOLD YOU THE OTHER DAY , WE DO HAVE THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN , THE FIT FINNISH AND ALL . ON THESE ARE THE TOPS . AND THEY RUN AS WELL AS THEY LOOK . THERE ARE ONLY TWO MINER DETAILS THAT NEED TO BE ADRESSED AND I WILL PLACE A VERY LARGE ODER WITH THEM , THE LOWER UNITS WILL GO INTO FULL PRODUCTION NEXT WEEK . ALL THE TOOLING AND WELDING FIXTURESFOR THE NEW STK MUFFLER ARE READY , :rolleyes: :D IT LOOKS LIKE I WILL STILL BE ABLE TO SELL THIS THING COMPLTETE FOR UNDER $300.00

JACK I HAVE CAUGHT HELL FROM MY FAMILLY ABOUT THIS PROJECT . IT ETHER GOES THIS TIME OR I AM DONE , I AM TIRED , MY HELTH IS NOT THE BEST , BUT THIS HAS BEEN A DREAM OF MYNE EVER SINCE THE ORIGANAL k&b SHUT THERE DOORS 7 YRS AGO .YOU AND I HAVE TALKED ABOUT THIS MANY MANY TIMES , SO NOW IT WILL BECOME REALITY . I DO WANT TO THANK EVERY ONE , I KNOW I WILL LEAVE SOME ONE OUT , BUT NOT INTENTIONALY . THAT HAS OFFERD THERE BITS OF INFORMATION . ONCE AGAIN JACK THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FRIEND THRU AL THIS , AS IT HAS ONLY TAKEN US 5 YRS AN SOME MONEY . GOD BLESS JAMES IRWIN :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And God bless you my freind. I know how much effort you have put into this to come up with a legal stock engine for us. To the point that it has affected your health.

Thank you Jim! ;)

Sorry guys that I didn't get any lower units out a few weeks ago , but Jim does have 100 of them with him at the IMPBA nats. He also plans on running the 2 proto type engines. I will start on production of the prop shafts next. Unfortunately they will not work in the K&B. I will also start working on the inboard engine testing and a new carb idea. Good luck to those at the Nats.

Richard Konnen

It's been a long time comming. Your efforts are going to shake up the stock class for sure :) I'll definitely be buying one when it's available.

It's been a long time comming. Your efforts are going to shake up the stock class for sure :) I'll definitely be buying one when it's available.

I just wish that was a 14mm crank you guys had in that motor

i would be interested in one ;) just dont sell any to jd so i can have a edge on him :p what do you say now dunny ;)

its ok i am going through my young and dumb part of my life

Joel Hanson

As fare as the Lawless I can't say, if they are tapped deep enough they will fit but you may have to shorten the flex shaft. As too the crank, well there are going to be many thearies about is bigger better. My personal thought is that getting the crank bore to much larger than the bore of the carb might hurt more than do good. If I remember right, CMB down sized the crank bore at one point because they got to big. My self, with a stock K&B class had keep to the 12mm crank. The engines we are working with are running a 13mm .375 bore crank, about .020 smaller than my old Nova Rossi. The only way to tell is on a dino, I've always wanted to try out the different crank/carb bore combinations to test my thearies.

P.S. Their won't be a problem getting the lower units, if all looks good Jim said he was looking at order 500 engines the first go.

Richard Konnen

so with Jim having 100 of them at the internats, can we buy them from him while we are there??? how much are they again?

~James

Jerry Dunlap said:
re: so I can beat dunny
Well, after a less than stellar showing at the 2004 NAMBA Nats :( beating dunny isn't all that hard to do.

JD
Yeah JD.

What happened? Give us the 411

Snowdog

Latest posts

Back