Composit 3.5 lower unit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a pot belly still to me !!!! Being from " corn liquor "

country !!!! B) I know it's none of my bizz!!! but !!! Who is making the powerhead for the Irwin ?? Last I heard no one would make them in a reasonable quantity??? or to compete with their engine sales ??

P. S. Ya'll know KB will be in serious trouble when this package hit's the market . They better let the GMS engine folks take care of the KB line and not a HVAC Tech.

Last edited by a moderator:

James I'll take two lower units as soon as possible !!! All kidding aside!!

HEY WATERBUG FROM SOUTH CAROLINA , YOU MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT I LIVED IN LEXINGTON S.C. FOR 15 YRS, HELL YOU PEOPLE DOWN THERE DONT KNOW WHAT REAL CORN IS , COME UP SOME TIME AND I CAN SHOW YOU EARS OF CORN OVER 12 INCHES :p LONG . NOW THAT MAKES REAL CORN LIQUOR.

ABOUT YOU NEEDING TWO LOWER UNITS ? I WILL LET EVERY ONE KNOW WHEN THEY WRE AVAILABLE , THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS

James here in the low country we have some of that there king corn !! the secret is the artisian water { flowing well } and cain sugar and the chard Jack Daniels barrels !! I'll be waiting to hear about the release of the lower unit

Well...

I do think that i would like to have one of those expansion chambers / mufflers.

How can i get one and what can you tell me about it?

Is there a convergent cone of any kind in there? I hope not because this will be a killer little design for sport tunnel boats if not.

Looking good Jim..

Grim.

HY GRIMM NOW YOU ARE ASKING TO MANY QUESTIONS ,,,, I CAN TELL YOU THERE IS NO CONVERGERANCE CONE IN IT . IT IS JUST A GOOD OL MUFFLER WITH A LOT OF VOLUME . WHEN WE GET THE WHOLE THING APPROVED , THEN I WILL EXPLANE TO YOU ( AND EVERY ONE ) WHAT MAKES IT WORK . NOW I WILL GO ON RECORD AND SAY THIS TO OUR LITTLE GROUP DOWN SOUTH THAT FEELS IT IS NESSASSARY TO COPY . IF THEY OR ANY ONE TRYS IT WITH THIS ONE , THEY CAN ARGUE THERE POINT WITH MY ATTORNEY. AS HE HAS BEEN IN ON THIS ONE FROM DAY ONE .

james irwin said:
HY GRIMM     NOW YOU ARE ASKING TO MANY QUESTIONS ,,,,  I CAN TELL YOU THERE IS NO CONVERGERANCE CONE IN IT .   IT IS JUST A GOOD OL MUFFLER WITH A LOT OF VOLUME .  WHEN WE GET THE WHOLE THING APPROVED , THEN I WILL EXPLANE TO YOU ( AND EVERY ONE ) WHAT MAKES IT WORK .     NOW I WILL GO ON RECORD AND SAY THIS TO OUR LITTLE GROUP DOWN SOUTH THAT FEELS IT IS NESSASSARY TO  COPY . IF THEY OR ANY ONE  TRYS IT WITH THIS ONE , THEY CAN ARGUE THERE POINT WITH MY ATTORNEY. AS HE HAS BEEN IN ON THIS ONE FROM DAY ONE .
James..

OK your right im asking way to many questions..lol... that is why i like you Jim you have a sparkling personality.

Now to the good stuff...

E mail me at [email protected] or call me at 715-215-0209 so that we can better understand the approval possess for the muffler.

O yea if you say that there is not a convergent cone i beleave you.. this helps.. now i know how the muffler WORKS as you stated.

Copy your muffler....dirty laundry.. sounds like you are having some sleepless nights.. sorry to here that.

Grim

james irwin said:
NOW I WILL GO ON RECORD AND SAY THIS TO OUR LITTLE GROUP DOWN SOUTH THAT FEELS IT IS NESSASSARY TO COPY . IF THEY OR ANY ONE TRYS IT WITH THIS ONE , THEY CAN ARGUE THERE POINT WITH MY ATTORNEY. AS HE HAS BEEN IN ON THIS ONE FROM DAY ONE .
James,

Thinking about this comment

If your new muffler makes the grade it will do no good to have anybody copy it.. as the rule states at this time "if its not from the MFG its not legal".

Now to help protect your hinder you might want to give the muffler a part number. This would help a bunch with the approval of the device when its introduced and years in to the future... just a thought..

ROCK ON

Grim

:lol: HEY GRIMM: GOOD IDEA , I HAD NO IDEA THAT IMPBA HAD THAT IN THE RULE BOOK ? I CAN DO , WE WILL PUT A PERMENANT NUMBER ON THE WHOLE THING MOTOR / LOWER UNIT/AND THE MUFF.

HOW MANY OF YOU THINK YOU HAVE DONE ABOUT THE DUMBEST THING IN MODEL BOATING THAT THERE EVER WAS , HE HE WELL I HAVE DONT IT NOW , WE WENT TO CELINA LAST WEEK END FOR A RACE WITH THE NEW LOWER UNIT AND WE WRE GOING ALSO FOR SHOW AND TELL . I LEFT THE COWEL OF ALL THINGS SETTING ON THE BENCH BACK AT THE SHOP . WELL WE DID NOT HAVE A SUCCESFUL WEEK END WITH IT , BUTT. WE MANAGED TO TRY TO RUN NE HEAT WITH IT AND WAS DOING FAIRLY WELL RUNNING 4TH UNTILL I HIT ONE OF THOSE ROUND THINGS IN THE CORNER . HE HE. O WELL AS THEY ALWAYS SAY WAIT TILL NEXT TIME GUYS AND WE WILL REALY SHOW YOU WHAT WE CAN DO ??? I DO WANT TO THANK EVERY ONE THAT SAW THE LOWER UNIT , AND MADE ALL THE GREAT COMENTS ABOUT IT . YOU WOULD NOT BELEIVE THE ORDERS WE HAVE ALREADY . I KNOW IT HAS TAKEN ABOUT 4 YRS TO PUT THIS ALL TOGETHER , IT WAS WORTH EVRY MINITEAND EVERY PENNY SPENT . SO TO ONE AND ALL THAK YOU . JAMES IRWIN

GOD BLESS :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: HEY GRIMM : TO GIVE YOU A REPLY , THAT I ALMOST FORGOT .

I SAID , YOU ARE ASKING TO MANY QUESTIONS ? I DID NOT MEAN THAT TO BE DEROGATORY , OK I REALY HAVE TO WATCH MY DRY HUMOR , I SOUND OK TO ME , THEN WHEN I GO BACK AND READ IT LATER , I THINK TO MYSELF , MY GOD I CANT BELEIVE I SAID THAT , SO PLEASE EXCUSE ME . AS I HAVE SAID A MILLION TIMES I LOVE IT WHEN YOU GUYS ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY PRODUCTS .. AS I USED TO TELL MY STUDENTS , THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE THAT IS NOT ASKED . OK GOTTA GO BEDDY BY , SE YA

Hey Jim! I've been missing this stuff over here in this topic,,I left your name all over the place in "Gasket Missing"(this forum)

The lower Unit looks good,, I still have The O.S. OB that I ran with your pipe, Stock, other than that,,,broke the flex shaft

after about 30 min of running and it's been set aside since,,thats gotta be 5 or 6 yrs ago. Whats the odds of that engine

fitting this lower unit? The lower unit on the O.S. set the engine so high that my boat just rolled over all the time,,,and the

flex shaft was made out some Kinda Pasta,, or sumthin'. Anyway I've been runnin' the Thunder Tigers ever since they came

out and have developed a strong affection for them since you told me over the phone how to modify them. I learned that

Thunder Tiger stopped making that motor about a year and a half after they accually stopped making them,( too much Plumbing work

around that couple of years) and set out buying up about $700 worth of parts for them. Back to Racing more and my Tigers

are doin' very well over here in Oregon,,,It's a state,,on the left side of the map,,(joke). Another question: can one of your

3.5 J-pipes still be had? Cause I have mine so safety wired you can hardly see the engine,,and a friend of mine is holding

on to one we found at the bottom of a pond so we can make a mould out of it so we won't be without a good pipe.(not a joke)

Jerry

Jerry,

If there is enough interest in the lower unit fitting the OS I may consider making it possible. But this would not be possible till after July.

Thanks,Richard Konnen

Awww, I doubt theres gonna be much of a buzz about the O.S. fitting up to your unit since they came in and went out so fast.

I Don't even know if I can Get any parts for them; But I'll wait and see what happens.

Thanks REK

jerry i hope you have all your questions answerd. ABOUT THE OLD J STYL PIPE . NO THERE ARE NONE AVAILBLE. WE OBSOLETED THAT ONE WHEN SOME PEOPLE DOWN SOUTH DECIDED THEY WOULD MAKE A COPY OF IT . WE NOW HAVE A PRO SERIES OF PIPES THAT ARE SUPER QUIET AND MAKE A LOT MORE HP / AND RPM , BEING A RETIRD DEVELOPMENT ENG , DOES HAVE ITS ADVANTGES ;) HE HE A BIRD IN HAND IS WORTH TEN IN THE BUSH. J IRWIN

GOD BLESS :ph34r:

I wasn't at the Celina race,but I was wondering how the lower unit survived the bouy hit.

That's Reassuring to hear about the new pipe, if I gather any more HP I'm gonna be able to pass the fastest up here,,I'm on

they're tail now; but I don't know where to get one,,I'm in OREGON,,,No hobby shop carries this stuff here. I have your Ph#

I guess I'll have to call you unless you can tell me otherwise here.

Your Already Blessed, Jerry

HEY JERRY : OREGON ? HEY IT.S FROZEN UP THERE ALL YEAR HOW CAN YOU RUN BOATS ????????????????? YES GIVE ME ACALL OR CALL AL,S HOBBY SHOP IN IN CHICAGO ILL. ASK FOR CINDY . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HEY BOB : ABOUT THE BOUY HIT , NO PROBLEM, THIS UNIT IS TUFFER THAN A BOX OF NAILS , APROX, 10.5 HRS OF TESTING ON IT NOW AND THE SKEG HAS NO NICK,S OR ANY THING , STILL LOOKS NEW PS WE HAVE BEACHED THIS AT APPROX. 10/20 MPH NO LESS THAN10 TIMES (ON PURPOSE) STILL NO NICKS OR SCARS ETC. THE VENT HOLES ON THE BOTOM WERE NOT PUT IN , NOW THE DRIVE DOG ASSY , AFTER ALL THIS ARE AS GOOD AS WHEN THEY WERE INSTALED, THE OIL CANNOT ESCAPE. WE MISSED YOU AND THE LADY , WE WANTED YOU TO SEE THIS . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jim Irwin, Sorry about buggin' you again,,Tried to call,,but no answer. When You gave me the specs on how to Mod the Tigers

one of the Mods was "sleeving" the pipe stinger to .244,,,My partners is at .244 and mine is .250 ,,Question: Is this Mod going

to be possible on the pro-pipe or will it even be nesessary?

Thanks Jerry

Well if the unit will survive a hard bouy hit,put me on the list. Will you have them for sale at the Internats?

Back