Composit 3.5 lower unit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;) JERRY : IT IS NOT NECCASSARY ONE THE PRO SERIES . ITS WELDED TOGETHER AND YOU CANNOT REACH THE STINGER , THE OUT LET STINGER YOU CAN SEE ON THE OUT SIDE IS ONLY TO DIRRECT THE GASES OUT , JAMES IRWIN

GOD BLESS :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HEY BOB FROM WOWO LAND , FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DO NOT KNOW WHAT WO WO IS THATS A LOCAL RADIO STATION ,

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE EVERY THING IS GOING ON SCHEDLE FOR THE NATS . I AM ALMOST SHURE WE CAN HAVE ONE FOR YOU LONG BEFORE THEN , CALL ME OK ?

is this new lower unit turtle proof?we happen to have alot of them in our pond they claim about six boats per year. i live in the deep south in the lexington s.c. area and jim i run at your old friends place neil silighter.the reason why i ask that i hit one last sunday and tor up the skeg on my lawless lower unit,it has been fixed,but it not like it was i dont have $130.00 laying around for a new one. oh by the way that pipe i got for you last year i was told it was made for a buggy or car motor.15 to.18 that thing screams some big rrr's on my k&b ss .21outboard with the other work that been done on the piston slevee.if have some time check out our web site www.rmhalliday.com and you some our boats click the hooters boat.

thanks

allen

hey Allan! I wasnt sure if you were still runnning boats or not...hows it been going up there?

James Clegg

hey,

james yes we are still running about every sunday execpt on holliays.sometime or another if you get a chance come up and run with us we would be glad to have you.we have been talking about coming to a club race down your way ,but wierd things have been happening lately.sandy has gotten a gas rigger that thing is quick but still not quiet as fast as his .21 rigger.oh bye the way my email has chanced to [email protected]. we are still looking for a pond in the midlands area to have club races once a month .take a look at our web site and see what you think.

thanks,

allen

Allen, I did look at the website, it looks good! glad to see Sandy is still in it as well, I thought he was selling all of his stuff at one time. what type of new .21 did he get? Is that a reptile gas rigger that he has?

~ james

james,

actually yes it is his old one.have you bought a new tunnel hull yet?i just could not get the bandit to perform like i wanted it to,so went back to what i new would work,but still in the same fix.the motor is actually too fast for the boat its on the hot shot .21.steve and i have done alot of work to it ,we now have actually got the boat to perform well ,but it needs to longer 24" isnt quiet enough it would be great if it was about 27" to 28"long.

allen

Yeah Allen, I have a villain right now, its a great boat! I wasnt aware that you had a bandit?

~James

james,

i got the bandit killer 30 last year at about the end of octorber a couple of weeks shy of the big race down there.i did come down that sunday to watch the racing action.i was going to try to talk to you,but i know you were running the the races so i didnt bother you.the boat handle speed well in the straight aways but loses in the corners just cannot get to handle like my hot shot does.

allen

Hey Jim,

Still in New York, definately cooler then Florida.Decided to use the sister inlaws computer. Just wanted to know how the engines are working out. Will be back Monday 28th. I will get right to work to try and have lower ends a few weeks before the nats.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent. What are you looking at supporting for powerheads? I'd be interested in one of those....

I am in New York at this time and have been talking to Chris Fine of Fine Designs on what would be used the most out of the electrics. I plan on the adaptor plate fitting many different motors.

Richard

H EY RICH, MAN THE MOTORS ARE SUPER . YOU KNOW ME WHAT A NIT PICKER IAM AND I AM IMPRESSED , WE HAVE THE MACH . DONE THE ENGINES ARE MOUNTED AND READY TO BE RUN HOPFULLY WED , MABYE TOMORROW

AS SOON AS I CAN, YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO KNOW ,

DID I TELL YOU ALL NOVA PARTS WILL EXCHANGE , HE HE , AND THINK ABOUT THIS ONE , THIS WILL BE THE STOCK SET UP FOR NEXT YR , MOTOR LOWER UNIT AND PIPE . I WILL CALL

Wow. Actually going into production, eh? Nice. You need to build a list of "This definately works" for 'mild', a "You can easilly modify this stuff" list for medium and a "At your own risk" for wild... I can tell you that for the fellow who's never modded his motor before a simple setup complete with a full list of easilly-available parts is the way to go.

If you're just going to sell an assembled motor... heck- that I GOTTA see.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

WELL WE RAN THE SECOND GENERATION OF THE NEW MOTORS TODAY ,

WHAT CAN I SAY , OTHER THAN I AM TICKLED SILLY WITH THE WAY THEY RUN , FIRST TANK OF FUEL , UNEVENTFULL, LEANER DOWN AND RUNHER AGAIN , MAN NOW THIS BABY IS STARTING TO COOK , BRING HER IN , LEANER SOME MORE, WOW WAS RODS COMMIT , BRING HER IN AGAIN, FUEL OIL IN LOWER , GIVE HER A GOOD CHK . LEANER ONE MORE TIME , LOOKS REAL GOOD , WELL OVER 50 MPH . TELL ROD , GET THE RADAR GUN . BULL SH ---- ITS ON THE WORK BENCH BACK AT THE SHOP ?? WHAT DO WE DO NOW ?? WE PLAYED TOY BOATS FOR A FEW HRS , MAN ITS GREAT TO BE ABLE TO GO OUT AND DO BOATS AND DO BOATS AND DO BOATS , NICE DAY NICE WEATHER , FEEL SORRY FOR YOU AL COOPED UP ALL DAY HE HE

GOD BLESS B) B) B) B)

:D WHEN IS SOME

ONE GOING TO ASK THE BIG ONE ?? WHATS INSIDE ???

OK I WILL TELL YOU THIS MUCH . AIR COOLED HEAD , TURBO GLOW PLUG , VENTED PISTON , AND BACK CUT , MATCHING SLEEVE , 182 DEGREE EX.,126 INT AND BOOSTER , EXTREMLY LARGE PORTS IN SLEEVE , ONLY FOUR PORTS , EXH, TWO INT, ( SIDE ) AND ONE BOOSTER , DONT ASK WHY ON THIS , I WONT TELL YOU .

TURBO CRANK , FRONT AND REAR , VERY GOOD BEARINGS. O YA , A CARB WITH MIXTURE CONTROL . ENGINE ,LOWER UNIT , AND PIPE ? LOOKS LIKE I CAN STILL BE ABLE TO SELL IT TO YOU FOR UNDER $300.00

HEY MODEL BAOTERS , DONT SAY OL JIM DIDNT DO ANY THING FOR YOU WHILL I AM STILL AROUND , IT CAN BE DONE .

GOD BLESS ;) ;) ;)

Hey Jim, Nice to hear from you,,,Did You say,,"Under $300.",,For an Entire Running Outboard?? I'll have to wait for a clearification

on this one,,Wow,,,can't be right.

I gotta say Jim,,That all of us,,and maybe, 10s of thousands more have beneffited from your "Pioneering" in this Hobby,,Just

in THIS Country. I know that in my time in this hobby has been greatly increased because of you,, even being half a continent

away! You gave me,,what I consider secrets; on how to modify the Thunder Tigers,,Info on something that would have taken

me years to learn,,,Just spilled out over the phone to somebody you don't even know is Awesome! I run those little things to

this very day,,and can't tell you on this tiny space how much Joy and Giggles we've derived from such a small device. You've

made it so much more easier to have fun in this hobby,,and I'm sure I speak for everybody. It had to be said.

Jerry Wyss

Back