Canandaigua, NY Test Pond

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on to get funds from our Ottawa Valley Racers members it will be in a bit

since I have to wait till our first off season club meeting.

I know it would be nice to get some now before the work starts I will try.

site is looking great keep up the good work guys.

Regards

Luc
No rush Luc. I have a low interest flex-equity account that I will be tapping into to get everything dug this fall.

Thanks Luc!

The plan it to get the pond to 700 feet long and as wide as 40 hours of a D7H and excavator will get us.

Last edited by a moderator:
With 40 hours of time on those two pieces of equipment you could dig a pond from scratch :)

P.S. this is Randall Thomas using Toms' login (with permission) all the way from Elmira at the pond by the nice warm camp fire....

With 40 hours of time on those two pieces of equipment you could dig a pond from scratch :)

P.S. this is Randall Thomas using Toms' login (with permission) all the way from Elmira at the pond by the nice warm camp fire....
Hi Randall,

It was fun racing with you this weekend! Always is!! :)

Yes, a D7H is a big machine! Should move a lot of dirt!

Thanks for the support guys!

The races assume the pond is large enough, but I don't see any problems. The digging starts November 2nd.

Like discussed at the Brick Pond driver's meeting, Stony Pond will be hosting two of the six total 2013 NY State Championship Series races.

We also would like to host a race on August 10-11 that will be seperate from the NY series. I would like to do something different and was thinking of doing a championship race that includes heat racing, oval time trials, and SAW time trials. This would be similar to what is sometimes done at the IMPBA Internats. Heat racing would be on Saturday and time trials on Sunday. The heat racing results would be weighted x 2. The time trials would be x 1. So, a first place in all three events would give you a 1600 score. A first in both time trial events, but only a 3rd in heat racing would give you a 1250 score. The highest combined scores win for the weekend. The one boat rule would be strictly enforced. You have to heat race the same boat you run in the time trials. Any thoughts on this format?

The above format obviously assumes my timing system is done, but it should be. The timing system will be set up very similar to the IMPBA system. I plan to purchase a transit and stake the A,B,C, and D points (Refer to IMPBA rule book.) so that the course can be checked for accuracy easily.

I am very excited about Stony Pond racing next year. The site will be always setup for racing so no wasted time setting up and tearing down. That means more open water time and race time. The water will be debris free and since I am the property owner, we can control other potential problems like turtles and water fowl. No RV limit and no generator restrictions. :)

I would like to thank Luc White, our D1 director. Thanks Luc! :) Without Luc, we would not have been able to get started as an IMPBA club as easily. He is always there to help!

Last edited by a moderator:
My family and I will be there no matter what format you decide to run.

Looking forward to next year and it's only Oct.

Tim

What classes would you be running?I am only 5 hrs from you and might make a nice long weekend LOL..

What classes would you be running?I am only 5 hrs from you and might make a nice long weekend LOL..
For the August 10-11 race, it would depend on what shows up. There would be a 3 boat minimum. What boats do you want to run? I'll let you know how popular that class is around here. Combining classes is always an option too.

Hi Craig

Any help you need with timing equipment side of things just let me know as I'm more then willing to help out. :)

The dozer and shovel are here! Next week is the big dig week! They dug a little on Friday. Check out our website for some pictures.

http://www.stonypond.net

Any donations for the dig are still welcomed. :)

Looks awesome. Hope we can get a bunch of the Ottawa boys to go on a roadtrip next year and race at your site. Just what D1 needed.

Rick

might have to get some d-12 guys to come up, craig. b sport tunnel may not be popular, but i bet it will make if rene & some of us come up ;) . i run all b's, rigger, sport & mod tunnel, & mono. what about fe? any thoughts about combining fe & nitro for this 1 event? we do it regularly down here, mostly in the .21/b classes; it works well. take a look on the impba d-12 site for our district rules on the fe setups to run with nitro.

Thanks for the support guys!!

They are almost done digging. There was more dirt to move than originally thought, so I spent more $$ than I originally planned, but the pond will be big enough for races. This will be a first class race site for sure! We are very excited for next season! :)

Back