Canandaigua, NY Test Pond

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Book early for the August 10,11 D1 Championship race. Unfortunately, there is a PGA tournament in Rochester, 30 miles north of Canandaigua, and some hotels are gouging and some are full. Our website has hotel info under our 2013 schedule.

www.stonypond.net

Or better yet, camp for free, with free fresh water re-fills and grey water dumping. Plenty of room and no generator restrictions.
Is this race cancelled?

From what Craig Mapston told me it is canceled.

sad to see but it looks like some things came up.

I was there last weekend and Craig was talking like the race is on. Need some quick clarification so people don't make other plans. Tom

well this is what the info i got from him and he posted in the members area on his forums.

The town is requiring our club to go through a permit process to hold anymore races. This process is suppose to take a long time, so I'm afraid we are going to have to cancel all our races, including the D1 race. We are not giving up for 2014, and we can still test boats as a club, but the **** hit the fan when we held our first race. I did not see this coming as my neighbhors are quite far away as we live in farm country, but my one close neighbor did complain to the town, even though he has sole permission to hunt on my property and uses my barn for his tool storage. I thought we were squared up when I talked to him last fall, but I guess not. I am so sorry to let you down for the 2013 D1 race, but it is out of my control right now and will take time to fix.

also

I am so sorry guys and gals.
sad.png
I feel like I have failed the boat community. I have found out today that we had noise complaints at our first race and the town has found a way to shut our races down for a few months. We can not hold another race until I get this figured out. I'm starting to work on it now, but it will take a few months. We will need to start from scratch and try to get our boats quieter and come up with some sound deadening ideas like more dirt on the north/east side bank and trees on the south side. My brother had mentioned a certain grass that grows to 5 feet. I can't remember the name. Again, I'm very sorry, I played my cards wrong and lost the game for round 1. But there is round 2.....

The main issue is that a club is not suppose to use private property unless it has a special use permit. The sound itself is not an issue as there is no ordinace in the town. But, to get a special use permit, an environmental study is done and that includes noise pollution.

BUT, my FRIENDS, and all of you are my friends, can come over and run your boats on my pond. We can even have some grudge races amongst friends, but this means we are no longer a "club" until we get our ducks in a row. And we should still make our boats as quiet as possible in preporation for the 2014 season.

Man, this really SUCKS.....
angry.png
cry.gif

Oh no, this sounds like Collingwood all over. My advice to everyone that would love to step in and help would be to let Craig handle it. If he needs letters or something of nature from us to submit to the town ship please wait for him to ask for it. As a group we could do more harm then good by contacting the town.

I'm sure Craig will get it all sorted out.

BTW the first race sure was fun.

Back